Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I hate the new Decisive Strike

RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I find these 2 points specialy bothersome:

• Decisive Strike skill checks will trigger during the pickup. This decision was made to help avoid dribbling and reduce the amount of time wasted for the Killer.

Now there is no counter play, just pray that the survivor fails the skill check. Until now I at least could mov the camera in circles and hope that I made them a little dizzy. At least with that I feel I am doing something

• The skill check area will be slightly larger to make it considerably more accessible to those who occasionally struggle with hitting skill checks.

People at high ranks rarely fail skill checks, 4 survivors with DS will be able escape all the time. Every survivor player will learn to hit them in time. Could you consider making it a dificult skill check at least?

We will have to go back to slug builds. I have my Knock out ready.

But enough of my ranting, what do you people think?

Comments

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,758

Just slug if kill the survivor that was unhooked. They just added in a new perk with The Plague as well to help you find the next survivor.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,089

I'm not saying the change is bad, but the timer is 60 seconds at max and it's easy to find the person who just got off the hook sometimes. Sometimes I chase the person who unhooked, lose them by accident and happen upon the unhooked, that's in 60 seconds. It's not always tunneling but instead happy/unhappy accidents.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 3,464

It's much better than before. I didn't get hitted by this today.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

Im fine. A lot of survivors dont use DS anymore since it is not that reliable get out of jail card. Every time someone blames me for tunneling, I will be able to tell them that they should just use DS when they are so annoyed by tunneling (finally sth killers can do too).

And if you dont like DS as killer, you can at least pick enduring now since the stun time has been reduced and SHOULD actually counter DS now (at least if they didnt change anything, idk)

• TaquitoTaquito Member Posts: 4

I think you should be able to use DS once per game, as it was before, BUT, before you get hooked atleast once, as it is now, becouse what happens now is, you get unhooked, killer chases you, DS disables again, and you're back to square 1, helpless and heading into your 2nd hook. I liked very much the ideea of being able to use DS only after your first Hook, but the 60s cooldown just makes the perk useless, unless the killer really camps your face, you're gonna get unhooked and if you're a decent survivor you will be able to run the killer for atleast those 60s. Make the perk so that you can only use it Once per game, but remove the 60s de-activation timer becouse it just makes the perk useless afterwards, any killer that plays "fairly" the perk will become useless.

• VSLlVSLl Member Posts: 114

It seems to me that DS is feeling fine now. Now this perk is not aimed at a second chance, but in the fight against tunneling. Now in the game you can meet 4 DS and suck the whole game.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 958

I love the new DS, but I dont like that they made the skillcheck easier. It was already too easy to hit. If you couldnt hit the old one, you very well deserved that hook. Now every baindead idiot can hit DS. No downside anymore.

• PureHostilityPureHostility Member Posts: 230

The new DS doesn't affect me at all, as I barely ever go after the unhooked person anyway.

Hell, just assume everyone runs DS and slug them for 60 after their unhook if you happen to be nearby.

The new DS no longer will cost me my snowball effect if I happen to catch some DS user early on.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Why does the killer have to be punished if a survivor come running out in the open to unhook their friend next to the killer with no regard of tactics whatsoever? The new DS ends up being a builded in Borrowed time.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,770

I've yet to get DS'd and I have played several games as the Plague. Plenty of those have had 4 sacrifices.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 658

only problem with the new DS is that enduring is not working against it. hope they fix asap.

• Claudette_BaguetteClaudette_Baguette Member Posts: 288

The skillcheck doesn't appear to be bigger at all if you ask me.

My problem with DS is that if you get the latest skill check and even hit it, the killer can still hook you when you are next to a hook which shouldn't be the case.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

Don't forget about Enduring not working with DS.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 805

I would be ok with the new DS having a skill check replaced by a simple button press at this point. Love the change. I no longer have to fear picking up someone who I just spent the last 45 seconds chasing, and I always slugged the unhooked survivor then went after the unhooker, so that part of it doesn't really effect me a huge amount.

And you know what, I am ok with getting hit by DS now. Because it feels so much more fair. Like it was MY fault I got hit with it.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,295

If you down the unhooked after 50 seconds, you probably weren't tunnelling (unless you are Wraith then you definitely were)

• thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,131

Hey, at least you got your hook.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Really? For some reason I don't think this is a bug.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 2,119

Dont tunnel. Problem solved.

• IncirionIncirion Member Posts: 612

Why does the survivor getting unhooked have to be punished because their teammate unhooked them in front of the killer with no regard to tactics?

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

Both good points, but unlike the killer, survivors have teammates. The killer cannot afford not to take advantage of a mistake the survivors have made.

In theory, Make your Choice would be a counter to that. If Make your Choice triggers, there is no real reason to go after the unhooked person, because both will be down with one hit.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Well, every game that features teammates just does the same. A teammate screws up, you may be the one getting killed, beaten, etc.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,408

"If Make your Choice triggers, there is no real reason to go after the unhooked person"

Tbh this is not true at all. Hooked person has 1 less hook to being removed from the game and 3 is way easier to handle than 4. MYC is also on a timer to down while the other is not.

Then, if you are tunneling, you have the DS as counter for that. Of course you can also slug the person, but then there would be Unbreakable as another Counter.

And yeah, I dont know if you can justify the Timer of MYC, when DS has the same Timer... Kinda double standard.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 880
    edited March 8

i tested it and i think i found the best counter for it. infections fright is the best counter.

decisive's 60 seconds. you will probably be downed him after he got unhooked. and the unhooker isn't there. when you see him with infections fright. you will leave your prey on the floor and go for that guy to hit him and hook him. or just hit him. or just chase him for 30 or 40 seconds while keeping an eye for the downed survivor. then you can easily make them lose the decisive. the fact that it also counts when you are on the floor is just terrible. just count 60 seconds in your brain while patrolling the area he's in and then pick him up.

note that this rework is for anti-tunneling and face camping. if you tunneled him. i'll totally blame you for it