Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

The Plague is underpowered and here's why:

Comments

• wurzelbartwurzelbart Member Posts: 61
    edited March 9

There is no diverse playerbase consisting of killers, survivors and those who play both alike simply wanting a killer to be good, there's only killer mains who "just want an OP killer", apparently. 🙄

• Karl_ChildersKarl_Childers Member Posts: 275

Sorry but OP’s suggestions would result in a broken killer. So force the survivors to use the fountains, remove the heal, and leave Corrupt purge as it is now?! How do people see this as balanced?

I can understand wanting to make sickness have a stronger effect (certainly not 30%!!!), but to ALSO remove the healing?

• IncirionIncirion Member Posts: 612
    edited March 9

One or the other would balance her out nicely. But definitely not both.

• SprinklesSprinkles Member Posts: 236

Whose whining at the moment that she's underpowered? survivors? LoL !

• LiquidLink1988LiquidLink1988 Member Posts: 112

If the fountains are going to bring you back to a healthy state, I feel they should take a bit longer to cleanse.

• TessaTheDeathTessaTheDeath Member Posts: 48

Well, after the Dev's answer I can say with certainty: I won't buy the Plague, although I was 99% sure of buying her before the PTB. She looks awesome and that alone is a strong pro-agrument for me (I bought Kate for the same reason, lol), but she's really weak. Although I never play killers that are rated as top-tier here and mostly play Myers and Wraith, I can't handle being stuck with such a weak-ass killer again. We've checked Plague out in a KYF and never has she ever gotten even 3K, although we have players of different skill levels and ranks playing.

I enjoy playing both Killer and Survivor, so I'm not seeing the situation from a certain side, but I REALLY wish that the game would get more challenging as a survivor. Right now (especially if you play an SWF lobby) it's quite simple: do the gens, maybe get hooked for once or twice, escape through the gens all together or maybe loose one person (rarely two). If that happends in our non-toxic SWF lobby, I'm really scared to imagine what is done to the killer in a toxic SWF-Lobby. I really miss the thrill I used to have before getting a certain amount of skill, because right now most killers are a joke, and Plague just seems to be just the next half-ass broken killer.

Well, after the Dev's answer I can say with certainty: I won't buy the Plague, although I was 99% sure of buying her before the PTB. She looks awesome and that alone is a strong pro-agrument for me (I bought Kate for the same reason, lol), but she's really weak. Although I never play killers that are rated as top-tier here and mostly play Myers and Wraith, I can't handle being stuck with such a weak-ass killer again. We've checked Plague out in a KYF and never has she ever gotten even 3K, although we have players of different skill levels and ranks playing.

I enjoy playing both Killer and Survivor, so I'm not seeing the situation from a certain side, but I REALLY wish that the game would get more challenging as a survivor. Right now (especially if you play an SWF lobby) it's quite simple: do the gens, maybe get hooked for once or twice, escape through the gens all together or maybe loose one person (rarely two). If that happends in our non-toxic SWF lobby, I'm really scared to imagine what is done to the killer in a toxic SWF-Lobby. I really miss the thrill I used to have before getting a certain amount of skill, because right now most killers are a joke, and Plague just seems to be just the next half-ass broken killer.

Honestly i'd be OK with that, but i'd wait for release before i'd touch them, i feel going to far one way or the other could ruin her or just make everyone D/C.

I wanna see how the decent full time killer mains fair, the main thing is how consistent they are with killing survivors using her power, there will be loops that will be just awful, but it's how it balances out over the course of the game.. gas heaven central area is heaven for her.

I'd practice more myself but i just can't get the games quick enough to know where she does and doesn't suffer and how one can work around it.

The fountains can be a gift or a curse depending on where Survivors use it (if they do) as a strat if i use one i'll do it across the map in a 3gennie situation as i did with tru3, by the time she gets back half the timer is gone.

Places like the shack will be pretty good for her, as m1ing would only serve to continue the loop, whereas vomitting could definately end it or force an early pallet drop.

Normally on any loop if you hit a decent survivor they speed past the pallet and continue the loop or find a better one, in this case they have to either drop it or go down, as they have been put into an injured state without the sprintburst.

That will in my opinion have a big effect on gameplay as before now i've seen decent survivors literally use that burst of speed to easily get to another set of loops and continue it to the end game.

• Well_Placed_HexTotemWell_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 546

Without the puke being buffed by fountains, can Plague down a survivor with vomit? Or do they just get “sick”? Does being sick do anything other than make survivors vomit? Are they slower or anything?

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,435
    edited March 9

The Plague can technically bring a Survivor to the Injured state using only vomit, but they must use their M1 attack to down a Survivor. Being sick prevents a Survivor from healing back up to Healthy state without using a fountain.

• Karl_ChildersKarl_Childers Member Posts: 275

No, but with an asterisk. You essentially can by just continuing to puke your regular vomit while chasing, and once they become injured from that you just whack them with the normal attack. At this point, the survivor doesn’t even get the speed bump when they become injured (infected) from the puke. So you can be right on them puking at full speed and then boom you hit them. I really hope that gets changed though.

edited March 10

Then don't play in SWF, or go in as a full squad with no mither and no other perk, you complain it's too easy yet play in SWF? wtf kinda thought process is that?!?

You want to penalise those who play SOLO to make your own SWF games a bit more of a challenge when you go in with no doubt a full set of perks and voice comms, knowing the capabilities of each other, jeebus ofcourse it's easier you making it easier playing that way from how it should be.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 2,389

first of all, i am sorry for the late response.

however, i might have a solution for the problem:

when a survivor hits stage 2 of the sickness, they start to puke at random times, right? how about this: a sick survivor will not be able to perform any actions during the puke animation (this includes gens, windows, totems, gates, etc - simliar to a docs shock therapy). also, any object or person in a certain radius (small) to the puking survivor gets infected. you could also add add-ons to increae the chance that a survivor is going to puke.

that way there would be no lame mechanic like extra seconds of holding M1 on a gen or an insta down, while also putting a little more pressure on the survivors to actually go and cleanse their sickness.

what do you think?

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340

So they are not planning to change anything. Shame.

Then don't play in SWF, or go in as a full squad with no mither and no other perk, you complain it's too easy yet play in SWF? wtf kinda thought process is that?!?

You want to penalise those who play SOLO to make your own SWF games a bit more of a challenge when you go in with no doubt a full set of perks and voice comms, knowing the capabilities of each other, jeebus ofcourse it's easier you making it easier playing that way from how it should be.

• Claudette_BaguetteClaudette_Baguette Member Posts: 273

The thing is they could test changes in the PTB. They don't have to push them to the live servers. But at least let us test things and give feedback!

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,709

That takes time and resources that they're probably (and understandably) not willing to spend for something that they themselves do not believe is good design, for one reason or another. This is, after all, their game.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 1,877
    edited March 11

You offer feedback.. That is the point of the PTB.. Not to make useless changes that they aren't considering using.

How do you know they didn't test this internally?.. or thought about those ideas? I know the community can come up with some good ideas, but i think when you work there and do this day in and day out, you'll have a collection of ideas already made by internal employees. We aren't always the most original.

They take your feedback.... Unless this issue is brought up by allot of people doing the play testing... They will noted it and consider it. Doesn't mean they need to make off the cuff changes instantly for people to test.

When the Devs say they learned from the Freddy experience, I think they mean they learned not to make changes quickly on the fly without properly thinking them out.

Once it goes to PTB the product is pretty much completed. They aren't making changes willy-nilly otherwise it could lead to more issues.

Don't get upset cause they don't go running and make your changes. A dev noticed enough to respond, so your feedback was noted by them.

• Claudette_BaguetteClaudette_Baguette Member Posts: 273

The majority of players on this forum believes the plague is underpowered and everyone thinks the fountains are too op for survivors. I don't know why they don't let us test changes.

• wurzelbartwurzelbart Member Posts: 61

Because they want to utilize the PTB for bug fixing and possible unexpected results, I think. The DLC is mostly finished by this time, thus they won't want to make any grave changes to it.

What happened to OP, btw?

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 545

@Claudette_Baguette Out of curiosity, have you watched Tru3Talent playing as and against the plague in the PTB? his opinion on her shifted wildly once he learned how to really play her, and he went from thinking she was terrible to a just-below-top-tier killer in 2 days. The biggest thing that changed his mind is that you can not only get a survivor to broken in a single puke stream, but they don't get a speed boost to get away from you in the process, and she's a 115 killer. Technically its even faster than hatchets at point blank ( mostlydue to 115 speed and no speed boost for the survivor,) with no actual cost, and the slowdown only occurs while its charging up (which it doesnt need to be charged all the way.) You can also spit on survivors who are down or even on the hook to infect them if they're not already, the puke carries as it descends (allowing for arced vomits, especially with corrupt purge.)

Her strengths aren't inherently obvious at all, and he was pretty bummed about her until he figured it out and had a direct 180 on his opinion. Since a lot of players in the PTB will have had a similar experience if they even bothered to stick with her long enough to learn half of those nuances, she's probably going to be slept on hard until people go against players who put in the time to learn her imo.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 439
    edited March 12

playing against potatos doesnt mean the killer is good. i 4k with freddy every single game. doest that mean freddy or i as a player is good? no, the survivor are just bad and dont know what to do. and yes before you ask im rank one with over 3000 hours on PC. the new killer is mid tier and once survivors figure out how to play against she will have a hard time. tru3 already got outplayed so often against good survivors but he always skip that because it hurts his ego lol.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 545

He uploads just about every single match from his stream, and he streams daily. He might rant a bit when a game goes out of his favor, but he doesn't hide games where he does bad.

That said, he said that she's strong but has definitive counterplay. I agree with that statement.

Well, that's the thought process of someone who has friends, sorry :D

I only bought this game, because my friends thought it would be fun to play together. I actually don't like horrors at all :D But I took a liking to the game. And yes, I sometimes play survivor alone and if the team is not full of complete morons, it way too easy to win. If you can't see that yet, try leaving the 15-20 ranks.