Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB

Change Decisive strike, is not usefull anymore

xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 917

The timer is too short, if im being tunneled i need more time to use it. 60sec its for baby survivors, i can keep the killer for a lot more time, should be at least 120 tier 1 130 tier 2 150 tier 3.

I mean is not op because the killer have to be punished if he tunnel the same guy.

Comments

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited March 2019

Yeah, games only last like 5 minutes in red ranks. So 2 minutes would be like half the game. The 60 seconds timer is fine.

• Slaughterhouse3Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 812

60 seconds is perfect.

• ApochApoch Member Posts: 96

Welcome to dbd, where all Survivor perks / mechanics get nerfed, all Killer perks / mechanics get buffed till all you have left is an empty lobby simulator =D

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,043

If you're keeping a killer busy for 2 minutes, then you don't need a free second chance on top of that.

That's the point of changing it, it's currently too much of a free second chance that wastes too much time in a very time-pressured game.

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 684

Except Fire up perk

I thought that perk is already weak

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

Word, also survivors needed nerfs. If I can do well since ps4 day 1 using no mither, survivors are strong. So strong, they can run a hard mode perk and still stomp killers. Killer perks have been nerfed for years, survivors were too strong and d strike was an unbalanced free escape. You shouldn't get a free escape after keeping killer busy for a while, that's what they're trynna prevent.

• Karl_ChildersKarl_Childers Member Posts: 669

YES, it can be. If you chase me after unhook, whether it takes you 10 sec, 30 sec, or 2 min to down me, you are tunneling and should be DS’ed. This is why the perk needs to change to where the clock stops upon being chased or downed. The fact a survivor can outrun the window to use their perk, or be slugged out of it, makes it useless. If they reworked the clock like this, it could be significantly shorter like 30 sec.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,703

If you were able to keep a Killer busy for two whole minutes, you don't need DS, I'd say.

edited March 2019

Completely disagree. The rework is supposed to punish the killer for tunneling. Just because they manage to run the killer, doesn’t mean that killer should be forgiven and not receive that punishment.

Its not a “free second chance”. It’s supposed to be a punishment to the killer for tunneling. If the survivor brings a perk to combat tunneling, and they are tunneled, why should they get robbed out of using it just cause the killer struggled to down them quickly?

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

You are being CHASED. By being chased, you are still contributing to the team by keeping the Killer focused on you. Not only that, but you are also getting points, unlike staying on the ground or staying still behind a rock or tree. If you keep them entertained for a whole minute while injured, then that means your teammates should have at least made generator progress and that you shouldnt rely on DS at all in the first place.

The game isnt only about stealth, healing and doing generators. Chases are also part of the game. So, by saying that the new DS should be buffed even further, you are basically saying you want an immunity perk and a second chance you dont deserve.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Have you guys played killer at the red ranks at all?

And I just foresee more and more leaving the game by droves.

• CoolzCoolz Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2019

Because at that point you've done your job as a survivor and then some. As said previously, red rank games generally last 5-4 minutes WITH ruin, if you run the killer for 2 minutes after getting unhooked, you've given the survivors serious headway with gen progress. For the killer to get DS'd at that point would be simply unfair and game-breaking at high ranks. If you want to use your DS to its max potential, you could always just get hit at 45 seconds or whatever get picked up, then DS the killer and keep going. No need for 2 minute timer.

EDIT: quoted wrong person whoops

edited March 2019

For a long time killers complained about DS and finally it gets reworked, only to backfire, as now for sure there will be 4 each game, with no way of knowing when will they trigger and with a potential impossible endgame.

For a long time survivors complained about "tunneling", DS gets reworked as a counter and it may also backfire, since it will probably be more time efficient to tunnel the unhooked guy in order to take out his DS as soon as possible.

I honestly don't think this is an upgrade for anybody.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,448

As long as the Killer is not coming back/staying nearby or I am near a Pallet, I dont need DS and it will not be used.

If there is nothing to go for nearby or the Killer is camping me (e.g. Exit Gates are open, or he is just bad and needs to camp), 60 seconds are fine.

Of course it can happen that the 60 seconds will pass without using DS. But this is ok, it is just an option, it should not be the guaranteed second chance. The Killer actually has Counterplay, he can go after someone else, or simply slug.

And if people notice that Killers are slugging the person who got fresh of the Hook, they can start running Unbreakable... While DS would be a counter to tunneling, Slugging would be a counter to DS and Unbreakable would be a counter to slugging. That is actually good game design.

The new DS is still a good and strong Perk, it is not broken anymore like it used to be. It is not useless at all.

edited March 2019

What do you mean a second chance I don’t deserve? I’m not following you. My suggestion is so the perk makes sense as a tunneling counter, which is what it’s being billed as. So by your guys’ definition, if you chase me immediately off hook, as long as I’m not downed and picked up within 60 seconds, you weren’t tunneling me? Even if you were in fact, chasing me the entire time? This doesn’t make any sense at all.

The clock being 30 sec but stopping on chase/downed means if you tunnel me within a short period of being unhooked, I’m either going to escape or get to use DS. That’s exactly how it should be. Again, the perk is supposed to PUNISH the killer for tunneling. The survivors ability to run should have nothing to do with it. Also the killer shouldn’t be able to down me in 30 seconds, check the nearest gen or do whatever to stall, and avoid DS. That’s stupid.

It may be tunneling but you've still done your job as a survivor to waste the killers time. We're not saying because your not being tunnelled you dont deserve DS, we are saying that because you were able to run the killer around for 60 seconds you don't need DS at that point, and its probably more worth it to use it later I'd even say.

edited March 2019

If you ran the killer for 60 seconds that is a HUGE waste of his time, you have to understand that. A minute sounds like a small amount of time, but it is actually a very big deal at high ranks. As stated previously, most high ranked games end in 5 minutes or less, and usually all gens are completed within the first 3-4 minutes of the game. 60 seconds is 1/4 of the entire game, and you have 3 hooks before death, so it could become 3/4 of the entire game easily. Therefore, you don't need DS.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,703

The Killer is punishing themself by wasting two minutes of their own time while the others are free to do whatever they want. The perk is meant to protect people from being downed quickly after being unhooked in a manner similar to Borrowed Time.

The difference between new DS and BT is the killer can reasonably play around Borrowed Time, but he can't do that with new DS, because if he tries he'll get gen rushed. It takes 40-50 seconds without help to complete a generator, and if all 4 survivors are alive and your getting tunneled for more than 60 seconds, that could easily be 3+ generators completed and another could already even be more than halfway completed. 60 seconds is completely fine.

I still think the killer should get DS’ed, they don’t become the victim just cause the chase went long. I mean, they were the one who decided to tunnel. Why should they get a free pass from a perk I brought specifically for a tunneling killer, it makes the perk useless.

At the very least, there is no way the clock should continue running while in dying state. That’s ridiculous.

It takes 80 seconds without help to complete a gen, not 40-50.

I think you're only focusing in chasing a guy right after he's been unhooked and you're not considering this next scenario, which in my experience is way a lot more common:

Killer leaves hook, some time later the survivor is unhooked while killer is in the opposite side of the map (or far enough, at least). Then, game goes on normally, killer may even get a hit or a hook on another survivor. And then the killer runs into the original unhooked survivor in less than a minute, sometimes near the original hook, sometimes not. Survivor didn't heal, didn't hide, didn't try to run away of the TR.

Tell me why does the killer "deserve" to get kicked in the nuts?

I don’t want to get too hung up on the 2 minute thing, because I don’t agree with that idea. 30 sec clock that stops in chase/dying state is what I think it should be.

edited March 2019

Thats exactly why i think the clock should be 30 sec but it STOPS when chased or down. The scenario you are describing wouldn’t happen, while also not making the survivor unable to use his perk when he’s being tunneled simply because he wasn’t down AND picked up within the current 60 sec

• lordhelioslordhelios Member Posts: 63

Actually I agree with this sentiment, as long as your in chase or down on the ground then DS shouldn’t count down. This actually feels right, better than it is now, being way too short to be of any use or easily by passed by being slugged.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,448

Yeah, but this would make the DS a guaranteed thing.

Just imagine the new DS as a help when you are in a bad situation and not as a tool to get a guaranteed second chance. A good example would be when you get hooked in the Basement. The Killer has a high chance to get back in time to hit you again.

With the new DS you can escape and run to another Pallet. Or the Killer cannot afford to go after you, because the possible DS will hurt him. Or, he will slug you, which means that you can picked up, when you crawl out of the Basement (The Killer most likely cannot afford to wait there until you can be picked up safely).

Same applies to: Hooked where all Pallets are gone, farmed by Teammates...