The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Self Care is OP, and should have a token system.

124»

Comments

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

I just can't take killers who whine about self care seriously. This is not meant to be sarcasm or insult.

Almost no good survivor runs self care.

I just checked survivors I deem to be good and tofu, noob3, zubat, pug, jen, vooshy, edgar, puppers, cahla don't use self care at least in their latest vods.

Only Morf, out of my list, uses self care.

In my experience, going against survivors who don't use self care is 10x times more difficult than survivors who run self care.

Self care is the most overrated perk in the game imo. The only reason why survivors can not give up using that perk is that healing action is universal in games and people don't safe without having the ability to heal themselves.

I didn't specifically control it but I am sure almost everybody in my list uses dead hard + adrenaline since it is much much better.

• MarvettMarvett Member Posts: 159

oh ok then that's my argument:

SC is NOT OP because it has multiple counters.

Killers should learn to counter SC as well as survivors should learn to counter NOED.

• SprinklesSprinkles Member Posts: 249

I agree somewhat, mostly they screw over the team using SC these days as they spend that long doing it.

I can't say for all those streamers, but i do believe some SWF regular away, whereas most of the time Morf is solo, and ends up with awful teammates. Pug ends up with far better teams tbh.

Exactly

self-care is more of a bad thing than a good one in some games.

• Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    edited March 11

Can we please leave simple lies aside?

"No good survivor runs SC"?

"SC is a bad thing to sue"?

Stop spreading such crap missinformations that are not supported by any stats or facts.

That's just made up nonsense.

PS: And DS has not been "nerfed" yet. The only thing that is coming up is a "rework", which might end up as an actualy BUFF... but talking about that would go off topic and the state of DS has nothing to do with this thread anyway.

Before saying it is a lie, give examples maybe? I gave mine, you may not like those particular streamers but they are good at the game.

I can only talk about my experience but so does everybody, and nobody has any stats. I am pretty sure the usage of self care is high, not because the perk is good but because people feel like they are forced to use it. 2 great examples for similar perks killer related are BBQ and ruin, even though these 2 particular perks are not great, killers feel like they are forced to use it.

Self care unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a teammate, and that's it. 1 hit will give you 32 seconds and if you use sloppy, they have to waste half a generator. This is why good survivors don't even heal and simply prefer to genrush. Dead hard gives them a sense of security and at the end they heal with adrenaline anyway.

Just because some killers get bodied by self care users don't make them automatically good survivors. Again, go and ask any serious killer that stream this game, be it marth, zubat, scott etc. I don't believe any of them will say that self care is op etc. (Not because I care so much about streamers but because I can see their talent, anybody can say anything on the forums and there is no way for me to judge them.)

we are not spreading misinformation,we are spreading our OPINIONS.

Honestly,I think that many discussions arise from these misunderstandings.

edited March 11

c@Delfador

"and nobody has any stats."

Actually that's wrong. Devs gave stats about the pickrate for selfcare. It was 84%.

(The Devs called it 21%, but that was the change per slot, so you have to muiltiply it with 4 to get the real number.)

I admit that the stats are kinda old now, but I think it is pretty much invalid to expect THE most used perk in the game to have dropped in usage to zero.

I wish the Devs would have kept on showing the most and least used perks on stream every stream. Those stats would make these debates so much simpler.

@Wolf74 I already accepted the fact that self care is the most used survivor perk. I have no doubt about it whatsoever. It doesn't make it overpowered or broken though. I am pretty sure that even if DS was free, it wouldn't reach the number selfcare has right now. Read this part again

'2 great examples for similar perks killer related are BBQ and ruin, even though these 2 particular perks are not great, killers feel like they are forced to use it.' The fact that BBQ and ruin are used very frequently doesn't put them in a broken perk basket imo.

Survivors think they need to use it, this is why I believe the usage rate is too much. They don't need it though, adrenaline with bond, dead hard or iron will is a lot better.

I just fail to see why self care is broken, that's it. Again, almost none of the good survivors that I know of uses self care. If it was very powerful, they would use it. They use perks like adrenaline, exhaustion perks, decisive strike etc. though.

Self care may not be a useless perk but it is also not a broken or op perk imo. The only instance that the perk is very powerful is when you face hag, you don't want to move and if you do, you put yourself in great danger. That's the only thing I can accept about this perk.

• Claudette_BaguetteClaudette_Baguette Member Posts: 288

I love selfcare as a killer. It wastes a lot of survivor's time. Bad killer might think SC is op but good killers say it is good.

• TheLastGreatStarTheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 230

Sometime's I don't bother using Self-Care, as I think by using Iron Will you can play more mind games with the killer. When they see that I'm injured, most killers try to listen for me, not realizing I'm running Iron Will and it actually sometimes makes it easier to escape than if I was at full health. Plus with perks like A Nurse's Calling, it's sometimes more hassle than it's worth to heal up.

@Claudette_Baguette

Feel free to make an example where the "wasted time" would benefit the killer.

Sorry, but you must have failed math in school to believe that (or you defend an agenda).

It was already explained multiple times that your point is not true, but survivor mains keep beating that dead horse.

oh ok then that's my argument:

SC is not OP because it has multiple counters.

Killers should learn to counter SC as well as survivors should learn to counter NOED.