The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Why developers hate survivors?

infamous90infamous90 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

I have been playing this game for 300+ hours now, and i have seen in the time the survivor side declining. Playing survivor is more difficult than playing killer, this is a fact. You have to coordinate with the other players in your team without being able to communicate with them, do the generators, destroying totems (especially ruin if you want to do the gens), rescuing team mates + healing them and you don't really have the possibility to fight back the killer other than hiding and running. Ok, we have decisive strike, but you can use that only once in the whole game, once you use it that's it... The torc? useful sometimes, but if the killer looks away is totally useless. Desprite this fact killers keep receiving op perks and ability and some of them are so op than is simply disgusting (look at Freddy) and on the other side survivors get nerfed continuously and in general have nothing nearly as powerful as the killers have. Today i was playing as survivor, the killer was Myers, this guy never knocked me down the whole game or hooked me, at the end of the game when the generators where done he found me, i didn't even had the chance to do anything that he simply mori me without even knocking me... I got upset with him thinking he was cheating just to find out that he used his tier 3 ability + an accessory that allowed him to do that... I played killer many times with few of them (the pig, the hag, freddy, the legion, myers) and with most of them even without perks in most of the cases i was able to kill 3/4 of the survivors without struggle and without the need of camping or tunnelling but simply because i play mostly survivor, so i know their strategies... With some of them like freddy i found it shockingly easy to kill everybody cause they can't see you! They can't even hide from you if they hear you because they don't know where you are... and on top of all this if you want you can even camp and tunnel people if you want because nobody is going to ban you for this... cause are mostly considered legit strategies... without counting the fact that you can hit people through windows even if they fully passed trough them... How fair is all that? I enjoy playing killer sometimes but i prefer to play survivor because i like cooperating with others, and there is much more adrenalin playing survivor, but on the other side i find much easier playing killer and i usually get more points by doing so as well, but why do i have to feel pushed to play killer if i prefer the survivor? I hope that the devs will understand the stuggle of being a survivor... To work hard to escape and then at the last being noed in front of the exit and die badly and i hope they will do something to balance better the game and making it more enjoyable for everyone.

I already know that the killer fan base will be crying under this post saying that playing killer isn't that easy and saying that they are 1 vs 4, but to me that only sound as excuses to keep their killer privileges...

Comments

• Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,827

I think, as of now, both sides are generally equal in terms of balance. I play both Survivor and Killer and I’d like to say that there’s a lot of counters to Killers while not so many towards Survivors, but is made up from add-ons and perks. I’d like to think of it like this...

Killer’s abilities are weak, but they’re made up for it by perks and add-ons to help boost them.

Survivor’s abilities are strong if played correctly (such as looping, timing, all the stuff you’ll see from youtubers) while their perks and add-ons aren’t too entirely strong but help support their strengths by very little, but still handy.

People will like to think that there isn’t any balance, but with recent reworks, nerfs, and buffs for both ends on the spectrum, they’re NOW finally in terms of being balanced in a long time. Will this change soon? Probably, it generally does, some OP perk will be thrown to either Killer or Survivor and the balance scale will begin to tip again, but as of now? I’d like to think that we’re equal balance-wise. But that is just an opinion of mine, I’m sure other’s will say something else, and that’s fine. Balancing is a serious topic on the forums and it’s always nice to hear everyone’s opinion on these kinds of things. :)

• Adonisadon234Adonisadon234 Member Posts: 147

You know what an asymmetric game is, right? A team of well coordonated survivors can easily destroy any killer if they have any idea what they are doing. I know, add ons like the tombstone for myers are overpowered, but what about the instaheals? What about every loop on every map? What about YOUR perks? What about the instagen add-on? You have EVERY tool in order to run the killer around for a good period of time.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,733

@Chaotic_Riddle @Adonisadon234

Want me to get the hooks out your cheeks?

• snowflake102snowflake102 Member Posts: 1,741

Cause some survivors are toxic trust me I met one yesterday as clown and he said hateful things. That's way dev don't really like to deal with these type of players. So that's probably way you think this. They don't hate survivors but they do hate survivors when they rage about every thing under the sun. Anyways good look in your furture games:)

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 2,013

They really don't lol. This is just how Killers used to be treated. Survivors used to have OP mechanics, perks, items, and add-ons and now they're either gone or starting to receive nerfs. Some examples are that flashlights used to have instablind add-ons, Brand New Part used to instantly repair a gen, DS used to not have an Obsession mechanic and everyone could use it instantly, you couldn't kick a gen, gens were completed in 60 seconds instead of 80, double pallet loops and infinites were pretty common, and pallet vacuums were a thing (you didn't have to be on one side of the pallet to drop it, the game would just pull you to the other side). The devs are now actually trying to balance the game.

Also, it sounds like you're playing against low ranks or boosted Survivors. You should try playing against decent Survivors for a couple of seasons.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,188

Playing survivor is more difficult than killer. Am I the only one that stopped reading there?

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 919
    edited March 2019

@infamous90 I stopped reading the moment I read, “Playing survivor is more difficult than playing killer, this is a fact.” That is a complete joke. Absolutely everyone knows that survivors are OP, and playing them is cake walk in the park. It is only recently, that survivors have finally been brought down to level that puts the game in a better position. Your Trolling wall of text has failed.

DON’T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 5,222

Bait

I mean it isn't really a troll if we won't even read it because you can tell what the entire thread is about in the first sentence

• tt_ivi_99tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,268

• OrionsFury4789OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

300+hours? Am I the only one that completely ignored everything after that? You need about 300+ more hours before you can have a clue

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 8,356

"Playing survivor is more difficult than playing killer, this is a fact."

Survivor is so hard huh?

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 919

@KillermainBTWm8 I perused the rest of his post. What do you think about his claim that Freddy is the most OP killer in the game? He states that just before he starts crying about being Tombstoned.

He said Freddy is op in his post? Wow he's so right! lol if he said freddy is op he is obviously bait I mean to be fair though having to put someone in dream state to hit someone seems like a really op power to me!

• HeroLivesHeroLives Member Posts: 1,710

Hey man look, being a new survivor is hard. You feel really weak , and there’s definitely a lot to learn. Every killer is different and you have to learn how to counter their powers, and their perks.

its a lot to take in at first, there is a decent sized learning curve to this game.

In most cases you have to have a decent team to even win a game. Anyways it gets better the longer you play, and the more you learn.

The stuff you find hard now will be a walk in the park later, and you’ll laugh at the things you thought were incredibly OP.

Oh and when going against freddy fail a skill check, or have another survivor wake you up.

If you’re on ps4 you can add me TheHeroLives we can do some kill your friends and I’ll show you some stuff.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 3,665

• dannyfrog87dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 396

is this a joke lmao a parody? killers can be bullied and messed with all day long or up the wazoo. hate survivors. go play killer extensively. and then you will learn how easy it really isnt. peace out

• OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 486

You heard it here first folks, Freddy is OP pls nerf devs!