Matchmaking Survivor side Balancing.

SprinklesSprinkles Member Posts: 236
edited March 16 in Balance Feedback

As everyone who has played this game already knows your idea of matchmaking utterly sucks, it's a fact, and random solos suffer the brunt of it, even worse than we did already.

The PTB Ranking system isn't going to fix jackshit while the rank reset is in place, it's just going to make people farm and troll more, boosting a bad killer just as survivors try and get their own pips.

Devotion for both Killer & Survivor should be separated.

0-2 New people

2-4 Experienced

4+ Veterans

People get matched against those in the same bracket (same rank, closest rank, any rank), if people cannot be found in said bracket, it will pull from the next one down.

Each survivor should have their rank and devotion clearly displayed to other survivors and the killer, the killers rank & devotion should be clearly displayed to the survivors.

Now everyone has a choice, to play with people that may or may not be on the same level as themselves. I'm tired of seeing my team die off and not be capable of doing much of anything to find out they are r10-r15 with me a R4 and a killer of R4.

No matter what rank i have, i cannot avoid the [BAD WORD] dumbfucks that play this game, as i have no idea if they have just bought the game a few hours ago or have been playing since release.

Honestly ping is the least of my worries when my own team cannot play the damn game.

Get this matchmaking sorted, then we can talk about properly balancing the game between killers & Survivors.

Post edited by Sprinkles on

Comments

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

The harder emblem system is deifnitely a step into the right direction, yes they also need to change how rank reset works and give an actual reason to rank up, but one step after the other.

Its definitely not a good idea to match people based on their hours

• MegsAreEvilMegsAreEvil Member Posts: 439

Devotion is not an indicator for skill, but it may be worth to test it out if there would be any significant changes in skill-balance. But as i said i doubt it, just looking at my dbd-friends. Problem is that there is no good factor which would reproduce skill-level of players like in shooter games. Therefor the whole system has to be reworked and implemented ratios and sort of things to create skill-rankings. sadly the emblems doesnt reflect those things.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 1,846
    edited March 16

What about all those Veterans that played ages before Devotion was implemented?

I am such a Veteran and many newcomers to the game have higher Devotion levels than I do, simply because due to the game being new for them, they play it much more often than I still do with already over 2k hours.

As an example: back when I first played this game, my average playtime over 2 weeks ranged from 50-60 hours.

Nowadays, that number dropped to 10-20 hours in 2 weeks.

Devotion is too new to be a useful tool for ranking.

• SprinklesSprinkles Member Posts: 236

Harder emblem won't do diddly, i've played it and it's just loop the killer, farm and then die for a pip.

I never said it was, however it is an indicator of experience.

The fact is there is no ranking system that can define skills between one person to the next, even shooters don't have it as the fact is there are that many different playstyles, just because one gets say less kills, doesn't mean he isn't as good as the person who gets more kills. It's never going to work like that and i never ever said it would.

Ranking means jack and will always mean jack.

I played ages before devotion was implemented, gotta start somewhere, can't just say "oh we are a few years late and some people have already played x hours" and not bother trying to improve it.

Devotion 3 isn't all that hard to reach, it just takes a bit of time, once the numbers have settled the brackets can be changed as required.

You are all seriously missing the point. No experienced solo survivor and no decent killer wants to be matched with someone thats just started playing the game a week ago. Yeah ranking system is duff and it's never going to fix it, however devotion can be another level to ranking, one that separates those who have just started to those who have been playing for a while.

At the end of the day this is the current main issue with random survivors, not ranking, but the fact that they lack experience, ranking alone is NEVER going to solve it, as it's an achievement and they want EVERYONE to be able to achieve it, it's not going to change.

Random survivors just want some who is experienced enough to know for instance to set Hag traps off while she's chasing an injured survivor or carrying one, too allow free passage at pallets, or to simply disable a trappers traps if they see him place them rather than completely ignoring them and running into them later thinking "oh i didn't realise my foot would get stuck!"

It's as simple as game knowledge that anyone whose played solo survivor as much as i have knows MANY don't have the experience, and just end up [BAD WORD] you over just because they are simply shit at the game and have no idea what they are doing.

Listen i know my shit and i'm as unbiased as they come, you fix the matchmaking so there is some form of experienced grouping, you can then get correct numbers for survivor/killer stats and balance around those numbers knowing where each group lies.

edited March 16

And at the very very least of all this i can get some sort of idea of whom i'm playing with and against and decide for myself if it's a fair matchup. So i can choose to totally avoid 3 rank 15's that just started playing against a rank 4 killer that happens to be a Nurse main.

(No i'm not asking for killers to be shown, just incase you assumed that) Just simply the devotion level of survivors/killers and there rank.