Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What do you guys think of Jane being overweight?

ImAGirlImAGirl Member Posts: 149

She's slightly overweight. Is it easier to see her in chase? Easier for me.

Comments

• doitagain_doitagain_ Member Posts: 722

I don't think it necessarily helped me in the chase, but her size made it easier to spot her on the ground (in the dying state).

• Name_UnavailableName_Unavailable Member Posts: 496

i think her legs are weird and wrong tbh

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

They’re slowly trying to introduce pallets that won’t have the same integrity. Such as, pallets that automatically break after being vaulted one too many times...

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited March 2019

Slightly overweight? She looks prettt chunky in her new cosmetics.

As for what I think....it's irrelevant. A survivor is a survivor. Doesn't really matter how they look to me.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

She’s only curvy not fat not thicc.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    edited March 2019

She's not fat, she's just got some THICC hips and booty. I think she's a great addition to the game

• NoxiousOnnyyxxNoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

Cause people are stupid and think they are entitled to what a survivor should look like.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,176

Jane is definitely overweight albeit just slightly. People are just used to seeing really fat people so someone slightly overweight is considered "thick", "curvy" and so on. Jane and Meg have the about the same height yet Jane weighs like 40% more than Meg based on her legs and... Her huge gluteus maximus.

That being said I don't notice a difference chasing her or other survivors. The only survivor that can virtually disappear like a ninja is Claudette - sometimes.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

I prefer my woman STACC'ed

• HeroLivesHeroLives Member Posts: 1,710

I don’t mind her being thicker, I just wish they would round her shape out and increase her bust. She looks boxy shaped to me.

• The_ManletThe_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2019

Clown's relationship with Kate has ended. Now Jane is his favourite.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,847

Strategically speaking, it is wiser to pick a character that is smaller and darker so as to be harder to see *cough*Claudette*cough*. But lots of survivors give exactly 2 craps about being hard to see. Just look at all the colorful cosmetics and how often they are used as proof. With all that said, I like the fact that she is overweight more from the perspective that overweight people are largely under represented in video games.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Survivors are strongest while they're looping. If you catch someone while they're hiding, it often means a free hit and even a down. Besides if a survivor spends so much time stealthing and hiding, they're not doing objectives nor are they being chased. If they're doing objectives, they're often doing them slower.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

She looks unhealthy

• Maj33yMaj33y Member Posts: 236

I don't know I was trying to vault a pallet silently as her but the pallet broke ..

¯\(°_o)/¯ ..

But I like diversity .. now that we got a Fat man ( jeff) and this fatty woman (jane)

I feel like the devs would be overdoing it if the next Survivor a fatty too . Good God . 🙈

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Umm, why do people insist on calling fat people "curvy" or "slightly overweight"? Jane is fat, period. Not that she's not attractive in a weird way, but it doesn't change the facts.

• DinaqmaDinaqma Member Posts: 35

Who cares?for the people who seem to have an issue with her weight/thickness... Do you shame every “fat/thick/thicc” person you see in your every day life? Like, grow up.

• PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,155
    edited March 2019

Her big booty make her legs appear shorter which makes her look a bit like a fat dwarf (no offense to small people).

Not attractive at all. Probably has to do with the perspective of survivors aswell.

• slingshotsurvivorslingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

You assume it's fat not muscle. Also, although correlated weight does not indicate health or muscle to fat ratio.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,176

When did Jane become a bodybuilder, powerlifter, strong(wo)man etc? Normal people who don't lift can't have 40% more muscle mass than other people who are the same height, gender, age unless the overly muscular person in question has a rare myostatin condition causing overgrowth of muscle tissue. Jane is (slightly) overweight, not sure why some people make a fuzz about it.

• PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,155

If you're a bit thicker than her and you see people calling her fat, it would automatically mean that you're fat aswell. I think that's why some people don't want to call her fat :-)