The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Dumb allies

Me: *does 4 totems because i got caught while trying to find the fifth one*

*runs the killer for 5 minutes and gets downed*

*all gens get done and BOOM, NOED because my allies never do totems*

*the pussy that kept hiding the entire match opens a gate and escapes while me and Claudette are in the basement*

Please, for [BAD WORD]'s sakes, do totems. Is it that hard?

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,188

Well I guess instead of learning how to run a killer for 5 minutes you should try and learn how to lose a killer instead but I guess that's just me hmm?

• KagrenacKagrenac Member Posts: 712

Do you ever pull the ol' crouch maneuver and the killer doesnt see you

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Why do dull totems? You aren't gonna pip. You need gens and unhooks more than ever now.

Dull totems should count towards lightbringer the same as lit in my opinion. It makes it worthwhile being the totem hunter. Otherwise you're sacrificing your own emblems for the sake of a selfish team.

• Adonisadon234Adonisadon234 Member Posts: 147

does rank even matter anymore now? That the matchmaking system is broken?

• MagicalYummiesMagicalYummies Member Posts: 29

You never lost the killer, I’m pretty sure no one got in because it’d have been suicide

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 533

An experienced killer won't lose you if he's good at tracking except he swaps the target.

• Maximus7Maximus7 Member Posts: 443

Rank never really mattered. But now it's literally meaningless. Especially since it's almost impossible for survivors to pip nowadays.

Survivors can't pip and killers can routinely get 4k black pips. How this emblem system made it to live is beyond me.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

The killer wont lose you if you just run in circles in the loops yeah, but thats on you

• Bug_ReporterBug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

This is getting old man, whats wrong with the ppl in this forum?

Stop complaing and...

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited March 2019

Geeg, what is that biased bs? If you are skilled enough to run a killer for 5 minutes you should definitely do that. Losing the killer without need (injured, dead zone) just so he can down his weaker mates and start snowballing is absolutely stupid.

OP did nothing wrong, he played as good as he could for his team. Unfortunately his team mates were not good enough to support him by cleansing the last dull totem.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

If you get all but one totem, the last one could be in a hard spot to find. Honestly I usually don't bother with totems anymore unless they're on the way. You can work around NOED and if it's an issue, you can always find the totem after the fact. Sometimes I'll keep them and check back, too, to see if the totem was lit up after match.

• TheBig_BadPigTheBig_BadPig Member Posts: 62

I don't have allies. I don't play survivor because I get matched with "pro" killers, so I get stomped so fast I have no chance to improve my survivor skills. Playing survivor is lame.

Yes if you can run a killer around for 5 minutes you definitely should but look where it got him in the end? You can either run the killer around for a less 2-4 minutes and when you see that there is 1 or 2 gens left you should probably try and lose the killer because NOED is used by a ton of people. Team mates are selfish especially if you are solo most don't even acknowledge the existence of totems and instead of staying behind will just leave people behind. What I was trying to say there is if I was playing solo as he most likely was I would have focused more on getting away from the killer once I saw there being 1 to 2 gens left.

Yes if you can run a killer around for 5 minutes you definitely should but look where it got him in the end? You can either run the killer around for a less 2-4 minutes and when you see that there is 1 or 2 gens left you should probably try and lose the killer because NOED is used by a ton of people. Team mates are selfish especially if you are solo most don't even acknowledge the existence of totems and instead of staying behind will just leave people behind. What I was trying to say there is if I was playing solo as he most likely was I would have focused more on getting away from the killer once I saw there being 1 to 2 gens left.

• IncirionIncirion Member Posts: 612

It's less stupidity and more laziness. They don't want to cleanse totems they run past because they're not lit, so they don't matter. The people who ignore totems are also the same people who complain about NOED here on the forums. It takes 20 seconds to cleanse a totem guys. It's not hard to do.

• Adonisadon234Adonisadon234 Member Posts: 147

aparently by complaining that people don't cleanse totems i got called a noob and i need to "git gud". Have you even f-ing read my post?

• IncirionIncirion Member Posts: 612

No. He just posts that doctor "git gud" post on any thread he thinks it may be relevant on, without actually reading any of it.