Home Discussions General Discussions

Remember When. . .

Remember when killers couldn't kick gens, or 30 second sprint burst, or NOED was just a perk, or STBL + Unrelenting was super powerful? Just a thread to see how many of us remember when things were different!

GO!

Comments

• GalaxsseaGalaxssea Member Posts: 6

@ZiNc said:
    Joined in September 2016.

Throwback to jungle gyms...

THE INFINITIES

• AnteroAntero Member Posts: 33

Remember when You got the sabo squad and no hooks on the map , just basement?
    And Wraith could Ding Dong in front of the hook to farm points =)

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,915

Traps under hooks...

• Techn0Techn0 Member Posts: 347
    edited May 2018

On release hag shrugging off DS

• TheBretzelTheBretzel Member Posts: 83

I remember when you could get flashlighted out of the hook animation. Therefore hooking someone was impossible.

• RuneStarrRuneStarr Member Posts: 848
    edited May 2018
    -The Magic Juke bus (the reason I switched from Bing Bong to Billy).
    -We'll make it working on self care.
    -The horrible grind with the original blood web. Dear lord anyone with multiple legacy characters will always have my respect (providing they're legit)
    -Infinite lobby dodges by survivors looking to get in games with friends before SWF was released. 
  • AnteroAntero Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2018

Also Daily for 15 chainsaws , to get 17 k bloodpoints =)

• DomTheSkunkDomTheSkunk Member Posts: 24

I know it was just for a short while but when the nurse could blink and hit a hooked survivor to farm points lol

• ThePloopzThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Lol this game sounded horrible when it released. It looks like it came a long way
  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,410
    Back when they added infinite stage 1 hooks to the PTB, and people calling it "a brand new game!".
  • BintBint Member Posts: 60

When facecamping was a major problem?! I love the spinning hooks

• GalaxsseaGalaxssea Member Posts: 6

@ThePloopz said:
    Lol this game sounded horrible when it released. It looks like it came a long way

Honestly, those were the golden days. The game was all over the place, full of problems, but a lot of fun too. Sure, the giant bloodwebs, OP perks and fewer options could be frustrating, but they were all we knew. It helps that there was also fresh content every two months.
    All the problems did eventually catch up with it though, around December of the release year, and imo the game didn't really get back on its feet until the David/Huntress chapter. Yeah, we have definitely come a long way since then.

Yes! The game was so broken then, and it took a long ass time for the fixes to be implemented.
  • AsianMammothAsianMammoth Member Posts: 80

Back when people thought Myers was OP
    When Iron Grasp, Calm Spirit and other now useless/unnecessary perks were meta
    When a The Wraith was something to fear

• SetsuneSetsune Member Posts: 71

I remember waiting 30mins in queue with friends looking at the camp fire...
    Oh and when sabotaging hooks was a valid strategy!

• NanisNanis Member Posts: 57

You could hear the Wraith clocking from the start, and even after that you could hear the unclocking across the map, as well as the chainsaw revving.

You could tell who the killer was by the hooks

• I started the game very, very late. I remember this event where if i hooked surrivors, if counted toward something. The only thing I can remember now is the recent horror of the blind at anytime animation and drop the surrivor.... did not like it.

• MysterTalMysterTal Member Posts: 151

@Galaxssea said:
    Remember when killers couldn't kick gens, or 30 second sprint burst, or NOED was just a perk, or STBL + Unrelenting was super powerful? Just a thread to see how many of us remember when things were different!

GO!

I've been playing since Dec 2016, back in patch 1.3.1c.

I remember Sabo Jakes.
    I remember this fresh new Killer called the Hag.
    I remember the words "Machine Gun".
    I remember when you could almost never pick Survivors out of traps with the Trapper, and had to hit them.
    I remember traps under hooked Survivors.

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,698

i miss billy flick :(

• TezzisTezzis Member Posts: 53

Nurse with 3 blinks, and friendly Wraith (<3)

Have been playing since beta

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 916

Remember the infinite tractor and how often it got changed to make it safe? And all the various tricks to still get survivors by swinging around the hay and lunge yourself in the air. When billy still had his space program and could dunk the survivor with a backrev. That tractor caused a lot of headaches lol

@yeet said:
    i miss billy flick :(

I miss fun billy. F

• GiddawidGiddawid Member Posts: 102

Remember when Adrenaline and Sprint Burst used to stack? And that you could use your Sprint Burst whilst downed? It was a very different game back then!

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,417
    edited May 2018

I remember when Doc was introduced and didn't have a slowdown when attacking while carrying a survivor.
    Further back, when the game was full of bots (killers that stood still with an auto attack macro, just for farming points and ranks). And when you could repair gens even after the gates were open.

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,915
    Giddawid said:

Remember when Adrenaline and Sprint Burst used to stack? And that you could use your Sprint Burst whilst downed? It was a very different game back then!

Just saying, SB while down should totally be a thing still.
  • NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 7,205
    PigNRun said:
    Back when they added infinite stage 1 hooks to the PTB, and people calling it "a brand new game!".
    Wow, can you show me a videl because I'm really interested! :)