Homeβ€Ί Dead by Daylight Forumsβ€Ί Discussionsβ€Ί General Discussions

Mother-Daughter ring? How do I use it properly.

PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

So I tried it with the Bloody hair brooch and I got a 4k, but it didn't feel right, I mean I was playing well but I just couldn't track well when they weren't injured, anyone got advice for me how to use it? BTW I tunnelled the first guy cause he kept running into me. Sorry Jane πŸ™.

But how tf do I use it? I've seen videos of Tru3 being flawless with it and Noob3 being awesome with it but I can't. Btw the Bloody hair brooch barely helped.

Comments

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

It's such a strange addon.

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    edited April 2019

It's best paired with Fathers Glasses, since it removes the scratch marks when phasing, you're going to need Fathers Glasses to be able to track the blood trail that survivors leave behind.

Hope this helps. From one Spirit Main to another.

It's also best to injure the survivor first and then track them down, that way you have the increased movement speed as well as the blood tracking to make it easier.

• DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited April 2019

I personally had the best success combining it with prayer beats as a gen grabber build (surveillance, discordance, monitor)

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,588

Wait, cannot remember, does that add-on stack?

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

I've had great success with brooch and StBFL. Scratch marks don't just vanish like Feral Frenzy, they stop being produced when phase walk is fully charged.

Hit the Survivor, phase right after and you can usually catch up and track them with injured grunting by the time you reach the place where the scratch marks stopped being produced.

Ty guys, I'll just pair it with Fathers glasses and sloppy, ez tracking.

• vampire_toothyvampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

Mother-daughter ring is a tricky one, its drawback requires you to be more accurate at predicting the survivor rather than tracking them. STBFL has always been one of my favorite perks to use on spirit to cut down the distance as much as possible so personally I'd recommend either combining it with more speed (to cover more ground faster), duration (to make up for if you lose the survivor or for more mobility like with the speed addon) or activation time (to absolutely minimize the distance lost as others have said).

Also, I believe all the addons for spirit stack with each other. It's why you can get some fun combinations like Katana Tsuba + Wakazashi Saya or those two passive phase addons.

• Salty_PearlSalty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    edited April 2019

Use Bloodhound too if you are using Father's Glasses. It helps sooooo much.

But mother daughter ring makes it so you can't see the marks?

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

No lol Fathers Glasses helps you with tracking the blood stains, making them brighter. Fathers Glasses pretty much helps with that.

@vampire_toothy the Wakazashi Saya and Katana Tsuba combo is ONLY fun for the killer. The survivors hate it. I remember using it and the survivors said I was more difficult to verse than a 5 blink Nurse. And I was right after their 5 blink Nurse game πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. They were a SWF with 3 toolboxes, 1 medkit and perfectly coordinated but they still lost. That combo is so dirty πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Try using it with the other speed addons because they stack, try it with fathers glasses and the best one, with prayer beads for the gen grabs