Solving the Hatch Standoff while improving gameplay
- Survivors who can get to an open hatch auto-escape. No more standoffs!
- However, killers can close the hatch if they get there first. This permanently removes that hatch from play.
- Closing the hatch reveals the aura of the survivor for a few seconds. Killer is now on the way!
- Entity spawns a new open hatch somewhere on the map 20 seconds later. Survivor has a new chance at escape again.
- Rinse and repeat until Survivor escapes or Killer downs and hooks suvivor per usual.
Problem solved and end game play much improved.