The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

We Are (Actually) Legion (Legion Overhaul)

124»

Comments

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,712

@TrashLegionMain

It would be insanely hard to code, and the only balance worry would be reworking add ons to fit the overhaul and the bugs that come with such a complex code.

The thing is, the Joey (his one and only skin atm) and Susie (pink hair) cosmetics are canon, and to deny them having their canon outfits in game would be... Weird.

• ZanferZanfer Member Posts: 642

It would be fun to play against and yes these button ad-dons need to be refreshed clean as a whistle.

• CroquedeadCroquedead Member Posts: 84

Actually make it so Legion makes any [BAD WORD] sense?! Good! Hopefully they do that.

@Zanfer, yes quite.

@Croquedead I mean, they'd require more thought about who is needed, and they lose some unfair mechanics, but as with all things, people will find someway to exploit the Legion no matter what rework they get.

• TripleTailSlapTripleTailSlap Member Posts: 27

This topic shouldn't fade into the background as the Legions current rework is almost upon us. It should continue to remain on our conscious as desriable future that is incredibly hard to obtain.

The devs won't tackle such an endeavor because of the simple fact that yes it could be very tedious to code and debug, but also there has to be a significant financial benefit for enacting such an upgrade that would cause them to add new systems to the game. Espcially when it is only a portion of the killer populace that would play as the Legion to begin with.

It would kill me to say that such an upgrade that warrents the use of all four members of the Legion should actually cost the player more to use because that it four individual killers that need to be finetuned and distinct from each other. It would also make sense to make all the characters customizable for that is another possible stream for revenue.

A Legion rework of this magnitude would need to break some established killer rules, but the changes in mechanics can't be tied to cosmetics, in fear of it becoming a pay to win scenario unless blander versions of Joey and Susie were released to compensate. I think though that in order to leave your playable Legion completely customizable that on the perk selection screen there would be the option to change the killer type you would play as on the power box, similar to how survivors change the item they bring in the Legion player would choose which member they would play on this screen.

I for the most part agree with all suggestions for the Legion already discussed regarding variations in the character played and perk abilities, though it the matter of creating AI for the other Legion members of the map would be too complex, simply tying an applied status effect, or aura capabilities seems to be the simplest route to take.

Alright i think i've spoken my fill on a fantasy that may very well never see the light of day. But i refuse to let the dream die! It is such a beautiful concept.

• friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

im sorry but legion is still dead and we cant bring them back

@TripleTailSlap I poured my blood, sweat and tears into this overhaul, I'm glad to get it some attention.

I do agree with most of your points, with the coding, debugs, all that.

I don't consider it pay to win, as the only thing you'd be paying for is customizing the current Legion you'd be playing as.

I would imagine you can still switch to Joey or Susie even if you hadn't purchased them. That's if the devs don't mind allowing essentially the ability to own cosmetics without purchasing them.

@friendlykillermain The Legion is not dead, just requires more tweaking.

• friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

perhaps they could be resurrected but once ptb goes live its over

Added a little bit of new content.

I would rework pin add ons for this but the only thing stopping me is that I don't know the full names for the common and uncommon pins.

You got suggestions for the other add ons? (If so name them please, makes my job easier.)

• Sole_SurvivorSole_Survivor Member Posts: 15

OMG, this is so detailed and so cool. Legion is my favourite killer.

I think u did a pretty good job so far.

@Sole_Survivor Thanks friend :)

Glad to know I'm appreciated.