Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How Can One Person Have So Much Hatred?

2»

Comments

• ZanferZanfer Member Posts: 647

Banning this person will not help. There are many people from around the internet that will jump into this game especially if the game is for free. There is a never ending wave of people who don't care about what they say online. Reporting these people will help sensitive people feel safe on a game, but does it real solve any problem? In the end it doesn't.

• TheBig_BadPigTheBig_BadPig Member Posts: 62

@Zanfer Its one less person to deal with at least.

• ZanferZanfer Member Posts: 647

Not exactly. If the person loves the game so much they will do anything to get back on the game. You can make a new account, have a vpn, use a proxy, live in a new house with a new wifi, use console if banned on pc. Ochido is a prime example of this and people always figure out ways on how to get around a ban. I have never been banned, but there are many people who love this game that would do anything to get back on it.

• OMagic_ManOOMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

There is no point in carrying offense to this, he wants to you to feel bad and will carry his childish ways, report him and just move to a different match, it's upsetting to have some killer play such a negative role and make us other killers who love to play killer look like horrible people. You'll get either good and genuinely fun people to play with, I made many close friends through this game, or the worst people imaginable who hide behind their screen and all. Some don't care and will just move on which isn't a bad thing, but ignore it and don't let it get you down.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Report and ignore. This helps to purge the toxicity.

• YummyGothDaddyYummyGothDaddy Member Posts: 9

Oh God... I've been on the Internet for a very long time, but I'm taking the opportunity to report him directly to the moderators because I know that if this can get direct attention then he can be taken down. I've been called way worse too, and all I do is just report them and ignore it for the first part. Most of the time, I don't even think to report them. But It's not like I went back and started trashing him or anything, after everything happened I never spoke to him again.

I'm not a baby it's not like I'm in shock whenever someone says that type of thing. When it happens time and time again, you eventually get used to it. This is the internet, its honestly strange for anyone to expect better for people, but it's also good to be optimistic too.

I don't think some of you guys understand that this literally did nothing to me lol I don't feel any way about what he said, but I think that what he said deserves for him to be banned.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,026
    edited April 2019

Has a name it

"iTs NaMe AnD sHaMe"

Could show a friendly conversation and the police would still arrive.

Besides that, trash person. I heard the shorter the person the more hatred they instill.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,847

Some people are just jerks. As far as why a person gets to be this way there are many possibilities, but none are worth wasting your time thinking about. You can't fix a person. Just report and move on with your life.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

I've been playing online games since 1999 with Everquest, The Realm, etc. Behavior is much worse than those days. Mostly adults playing back then. So many kids, or kids who grew up with the anonymity of a monitor and no concern due to no authority holding them responsible for their actions. Thus you get toxic players who don't understand a single ounce of decorum, sportsmanship, or even humanity for that matter.

• Luckystrike2778Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63

OMG.._ I remember playing Evercrack. Seeing Traaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnn come up in chat n half the "zone" saying ######### as they high tail it out right quick. O r the train just rolls yer arse over cuz there was no warning. Ahh memories lol! CAMP CHECK!

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited April 2019

Well you only seen game from your perspective. Low points suggests you were gen jockey and game was genrushed so you didnt interact with killer too much. Maybe they were bming constantly, mby not. Maybe 3 of them were swf maybe not. Facts are: swf makes survivor ridiculously easy and ranting in post game chat achieves nothing, for both sides really. This guy was mad and doesnt seem like person i would ever want to interact with.

Qeustion is, why you commented on his profile when he was clearly very angry? Such comments after frustrating game do sound like mockery generating even more salt from such people. Next time just say gg in chat (or nothing) and leave it be. Unless getting into salt ######### show is your goal.

• Ghost077Ghost077 Member Posts: 1,156

How cruel is the punishment for insulting? If chat logs are kept, one case goes enough for the aggressor to be punished? I think need to punish them more cruelly, it would help to clear the community of toxicity, it is largely due to a sense of impunity.

Recently, i was insulted by two people on a national feature, seeing from which country i was on a profile in a steam. I took screenshots and sent an appeal to tech support, they wrote to me that an investigation was launched and they took action. But how did it end? I would like to know the result, were they banned for it at least for a while? This would help to understand whether there is any sense at all to spend time on reports or they are useless. Some people openly laugh at the threat of the report, say they did it so many times and them had nothing for it.

• YummyGothDaddyYummyGothDaddy Member Posts: 9

Usually they result in a ban that requires you to either make a new account or they get hardware banned...

People laugh at the threat of being reported since there's that period where everyone in the dbd community came to the conclusion that dbd doesn't look at the reports they get.

Like when I used to play Roblox, when people get threatened with getting reported, people say "haha wont do anything lol" because people came to the conclusions that Roblox doesn't ban people from their report logs so...

In my case, I'm pretty sure he's gonna get a definite ban, especially since he is apparently no stranger to being reported before. So he's probably a repeating offender.