Home Discussions General Discussions
Hit Validation has been re-enabled. This time around, it will be left on indefinitely.
For more information, see this blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185864

Why can I never hear breathing?

PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Like seriously, when I'm phasing and a survivor is standing still I can't hear them and bump into them. Whereas, someone like Tru3 hears them and lunges for them.

How do I get better at hearing?

Comments

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Also, Stridor doesnt help.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,463

I'm having the same issue. I simply can't hear over the chase music on Spirit. I've given up. I'm not hard of hearing, and I used to be able to hear fine with her prior to the Legion patch.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Sound's busted, again.

I used to hunt with sound when blinded at pallets. Now I hear nothing.

There's breathing when no one is around, too, and extra ghost footsteps in corn.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,463

To add to my previous comment, I get that some variation is to be expected, but I didn't just suddenly forget how to play Spirit (used to be my main for hundreds of hours) and go from a consistent 3k to a 1k at the same rank. I'm not old either. My hearing didn't just suddenly slip to the point that I need Stridor to hear injured survivors.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,050

It all comes down to your setup, stereo headphones are a must but what you will hear will also depend on how good the ones you have are, most streamers probably have a seperate sound card which will also make a difference.

I have a good pair of stereo/surround headphones, I play in stereo as I personally hear more clearly in this game than when in surround mode.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I respectfully disagree. We're talking about being able to hear stuff just weeks ago, and that a couple of patches have ruined sound for many killers.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Sounds are usually broken and Chase music is so loud it drowns out any that are working, I wouldn't rely on sounds if I were you.

Also If a survivor is behind an object their sounds get muffled and quietened quite a lot.

• DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    edited April 2019

I have to mention that not only it's nearly impossible to hear breathing nowadays, but sometimes it also happens that you hear "ghost" breathing of survivors (happens on haddonfield) but noone is around you.

How I know? Whispers wasn't active but I heard the breathing of Laurie.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,793

Iron Will is useless, because sounds are not working properly

Character makes normal amount of noise