Home Dead by Daylight Forums Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PS4
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs

Generator Skill Check Delay

GhamNZGhamNZ Member Posts: 3

Just wondering if anyone else on PS4 has been experiencing a delay with their generator skill checks? The audio cue has been sounding as usual, then the skill check appears, but when I hit L1 there seems to be a delay in registering that input, resulting in a failed skill check 90% of the time unless I aim for a great in which case I might hit the very end of the skill check.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? It has been making my survivor game play average to say the least!

Answers

• Austinmd02Austinmd02 Member Posts: 66

Could be lag?

• GhamNZGhamNZ Member Posts: 3

I did think that at first but it hasn’t been affecting any other skill checks such as healing or jigsaw boxes etc, they all work as normal it is only generators which are causing the issue

• Mystaria13Mystaria13 Member Posts: 467

Yeah I have the same issue and it's only generator skill checks and it's not lag.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,069

Aside from anything already mentioned, could it be Huntress' Lullaby?

No it's no the skill check sound that's different it's the actual skill check and it's like it lags right around the great skill check mark.

The best way to explain it is the bar that is spinning around is what lags for me and right around the great skill check spot

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

I have the same problem with all skillchecks when i bought new 4k 55inch samsung tv. From the first game with the new tv. The problem is here 3 months ago.

I had posted this on bug reports a month or so ago and someone from bhvr said that it could be the tv and asked if it had different modes and told me to switch it to game mode. So try and see if this helps you but my problem is not tv related because it never did it before and just started doing it right before the plague was released. Everything gets super buggy right before a new killer comes out but usually gets better after its release but the skill checks still lag for me. :-(

• GhamNZGhamNZ Member Posts: 3

‘I have the same problem with all skillchecks when i bought new 4k 55inch samsung tv. From the first game with the new tv. The problem is here 3 months ago.’

that’s really interesting because This only started happening for me after I got a 55 inch LG TV recently. Tested it on my old 30 inch and skill checks worked perfectly. Can’t find any ‘game mode’ settings on the tv for the life of me though

• allyssamattressallyssamattress Member Posts: 1

Ever since I bought the game I have experienced skill checks delays on every skill check. I have original PS4 and Sony tv. I don't understand why mine are delayed by a few seconds.

• allyssamattressallyssamattress Member Posts: 1

Ever since I bought the game I have experienced skill checks delays on every skill check. I have original

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

I tried the game mode the same day but nothing happens. This is a big problem. I can't hit great skill checks with ruin. My nightmares are doctor, ruin, lullaby. Also when the game is stressful, the problem is way bigger. I might stop playing this game because of this. It's so annoying and unfair.