Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

Do the Devs Care About This Game?

Hello all,

I have been watching various Q&A's with the devs, Cotes is by far the worst, but the others (minus not_queen) seem to just parrot whatever we want to hear.

I don't see any major issues addressed by them and it seems like they don't have any plans to improve the game in the future. They seem to think dedicated servers will fix everything, when in reality, it will fix very little.

Do the devs actually care about this game, or do they all have the cotes 'minimum effort to get by' attitude?

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!

Answers

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 16,553

Really? The devs get bashed for saying stuff we don't want to hear, like that DS's initial rework was delayed because it didn't work the way they wanted it to, and they get bashed for saying stuff we do want to hear.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,586

They do care they just need time to do their work.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

They do, it's just that the community gives them a hard time.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,182

Developing games take time. They care, but with so much going on in the game, it becomes difficult to keep everything under control sometimes. The devs get bashed too much, they care a lot more than other game developers I've seen

• MystiKasTMystiKasT Member Posts: 289

@Orion @PhantomMask20763 @Poweas @Bbbrian2013

Can you point me to the developer roadmap, where they acknowledge major issues in the game and lay out a time frame for expected fixes and/or how they intend to re-work / fix the issue?

Or only updates about minor crap with no relevance to the big picture and no exact details or time frame?

All of this and more is in the news section of the forum...

@PhantomMask20763 No, its not.

If by that you mean: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/57097/developer-update-april-2019#latest

That is absolute trash. No addressing the constant DC issues, the killer audio issues, nothing about rank rewards, nothing about totem placement, nothing about prestige rewards

You said "its all there and more".

None of the basics are there -- so how can there be more?

Where do they address the wealth of killer audio issues? The constant and purposeful DC's? The no rank rewards? Totem Placement? Prestige Rewards being crap since cosmetics came out?

Where do they address that @PhantomMask20763 ?

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,070

They feed their families with this game, so of course they don't care.

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2019

@MystiKasT I would say the devs do care, as do people like Peanits and Not_Queen. But what the Devs handle and work on is determined by their bosses, not them, themselves.

Now, in the case of the Game Director, you have to take Cote with a heavy grain of salt. I have nothing personal against the guy at all, and say this only as a paying customer of the game, but his previous employer years ago was EA, and I think it shows in a lot of ways if you are at all familiar with how EA handles things, or some things they've said to their players over the years.

Again, nothing personal against the guy. But in my customer opinion it's about time for a leadership change.

You're right. I should have rephrased the Question.

Do the developers care to do more than just the bare minimum? @Boss

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,070
  • PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

@MystiKasT give them a break, they'll address it. Calm down.

Have you checked their Twitter? They've said their aware of the issues. When they fix them is what we dont know

• BottledWaterBottledWater Member Posts: 241

This is the [BAD WORD] I hate! You say the devs don't care about the game because they "tell us what we want to hear" would you prefer it that they'd just continue as they did in 2016-2017 and barely aknowledge the wishes of the community just because you feel like they won't give us enough closure? Since when has BHVR dissapointed us since they got the full license to DbD? Since the beginning of 2018 the devs haven't dissapointed us and always delivered on what they promised! Yes they do [BAD WORD] up but everyone [BAD WORD] up sometimes that's normal. The Devs have their priorities saying they don't care about the game is outright ignorant because they do care if you wanna say [BAD WORD] like that play F13 and talk [BAD WORD] about their devs on their forum or their Discord

• DarkWo1f997DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited April 2019

That’s like asking if a church cares about donations. Lol answer is pretty obvious.

• BottledWaterBottledWater Member Posts: 241

As a spirit player I rely on audio 99% of the time I play and I can tell you I did not notice any real sound issues that affect gameplay.

Ranked rewards would be nice but they'd need a proper ranking system in the first place and it definetly doesn't seem like something that should be a higher priority than a Legion or Freddy rework.

The constant DC issues are mostly likely either caused by the loading screen bugs, or from The Legion which are both issues adressed in the post. The ragequitting survivor issue is annoying as [BAD WORD] yea I can agree but you can't do a lot against people getting salty. Survivors ragequitting would also in my eyes be not as important as the Legion changes or the end-game collapse. It is an annoying issue but Fixing Legion might help out at least in a way.

Totem placements will be further improved upon in coming updates ( AS THEY'VE STATED SINCE THE LAST BIG ADJUSTMENT TO PLACEMENTS BUT GOLLY GEE READING IS HARD)

And even thinking that prestige rewards should be on a higher priority than the things listed in the Dev update is absolutely ridiculous and you should maybe search some professional help if you think that prestiege rewards should be a higher priority than a completly reworked Killer, an endgame rework and changes to probably the most annoying Killer in the game.

Be greatful for once it's not that hard you don't have to act like a brat just because some of your wishes haven't been fulfilled yet.