Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

I......Can’t......See......

yobudddyobuddd Member Posts: 1,349

I’ve complained about this a few times already. I’ve adjusted every tv setting I have. I just can’t see anything like I used to a couple months ago. It’s too dark, and since the update last week, It seems even darker. I was hoping that would be the “video fix” update.

I get that we want it to be dark and creepy, but this is extreme! I can’t see players. Can’t see skill checks. Can hardly make out generators. Auras are great until you’re looking right at the object and can’t find it cuz the aura is gone. Killers can’t see. Survivors can’t see. We just bump into each other at random. Chases are short and boring because killers can’t track survivors very well anymore.

Overall, a video game should have some sort of visible video element to it. Currently it’s just an exercise in eye strain unless you are lucky enough to play in a pitch black room. So far, for me, 1 in 5 matches is bright enough to be able to tell what I’m doing.

Yes, I’m griping, I know. It’s just that I love the game, but until this is fixed, I’ve gotta stop playing. I’ll haunt the forums and check back once in a while to see if things improve..... 😕

Answers

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,149

I can't relate.

Nor can the Survivors i face.

I'm Wraith and whenever i run to them in the open while cloaked, they'll run.

• tt_ivi_99tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,270

The Game map is specially dark on the first flour, Claudettes are practically invisible in mid chase

• TheRoyalOwlTheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Yeah I can't relate at all, I can see everything clearly.

Like Boss said I can see a cloaked wraith pretty easily if I'm paying attention.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

The problem is that not all monitors are the same, mine is a bit darker by nature and DBD gives no options to compensate.

What can you do? Well once you see one of those guys in their stealthy cosmetics, make sure that they dont get away that easy =)

• MineAntoiyaMineAntoiya Member Posts: 847

@yobuddd look up "gapa" it's the brightness and gamma controller I use. Can't go without.

• HagsDaughterKarahHagsDaughterKarah Member Posts: 1

Can't relate, sorry.

• Mimmzie321Mimmzie321 Member Posts: 1

I think it just fine the lighting the fog its all good we just need dedicated servers

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,478

I always found it too... bright. I wish mine was like thatt

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 1,570

I thought the game was too bright, some maps feel like it’s being played in the middle of the afternoon. Nothing dark about them.

• kamisenkamisen Member Posts: 697

I have this issue too. Can’t see well at all. The problem is your monitor/TV sadly.

• yobudddyobuddd Member Posts: 1,349

Well that’s disappointing to learn. I have no intention of buying a new tv just for a game.

Back in December I remember playing with no issues at all. Things got bad after the big update. That tells me they can be improved again, or at least there could be some video options added in.

If the developers don’t want people exploiting video options for unfair advantages, then I recommend they release a few pre-set configurations to choose from. Brighter, but colors are dim. Darker, but colors pop. Maybe some form of middle-ground sepia tone. With options like this, all player can choose what works best for them, and it’s fair because we all have the same options to choose from. Currently, the darkness that affects some of us is essentially giving other players that unfair advantage.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 3,443

Is the guy with the cats? we had someone here about unable to see and had cats....

• yobudddyobuddd Member Posts: 1,349

Nope, no cats here. Kinda wish there were though.... 😸