Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

camping issue (killer nerf)

2»

Answers

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,308
    edited April 2019

At some point you've got to understand that these are legit strategies of play. You aren't going to like them, but you will see them no matter what happens. Stop trying to make killers play by some made up honor rules when you have every opportunity to win and fail to do so. For as much as killers complain about the game they have to deal with they never say they want a free win. They always say. "Adjust the game so that we have a chance to feel like we're actually in control."

You see it at every rank, skill level, and every killer that isn't nurse. Killers simply want to feel like they have more control over the game because buffing and nerfing killers doesn't provide anything that sorts any real issues. Survivors on the other hand want to constantly throw out ways to limit the killers ability to do anything and if you don't follow these "rules", you're attacked. Killers shouldn't be stuck in 10min chases at any point regardless of skill. That's a game design flaw that should be addressed. Survivors should have more answers to people standing on the hook, but they shouldn't be just punitive punishments towards the killer they should be things you can do to help yourself,

After well over two years I can personally say I see nothing wrong with tunneling. A killer shouldn't have to be attacked for doing the most efficient thing to secure their win. If you can win playing by someone's made up rules then fine, but I don't find it fun to do so anymore when there is no need to do so. At some point we're all going to lose. We're gonna die on hook first and that is ok. At some point you have to sit there and put the time in to understand what you could do to have avoided being hooked. Also you should expect to get hooked and camped if you've managed to run the killer for a long time. People keep saying that it teams vs teams, but Killers have no backup. They do everything alone and eventually everyone gets frustrated over invests in a chase just to get one kill. If your team pops three or four gens in that time be prepared for that desperation and frustration to be that much higher.

Post edited by ReikoMori on
  • FrozenscumFrozenscum Member Posts: 393

You should quit this game then, you clearly dont understand its nature at Killer's behalf.

• _Dead_InSide__Dead_InSide_ Member Posts: 21

Tunneling is bad too but it still better.. but facecamping is 100# not part of the game... Camping is not part of the game too but its still better then facecamp.. i think youre not playing survival so you wont any killer nerf.. but 95# od survival hates camping.. and for many people is boring to getting camped.. same as camping with killer it is boring too but many bad killere doing this.

• FrozenscumFrozenscum Member Posts: 393
    edited April 2019

I do play surv with my friends sometimes, and if any Killer goes for camping strategy, beeing it me on hook or someone else, we just work around it. Not a single camping Killer will stay till death on hook, when gens are popping around. He will eventually go and your team will have time for save attempts, also if you play as SWF you can have some of ppl have Borrowed Time to help with saves.

Once again - Killer is not there to provide you fun, he is there to kill you and have fun himself. And he is not obliged to play by some made-up rules that allow survivors free unhooks and easy life. Just work around it and deal with it in-game. The sooner you get it, the sooner you'll be better with game and different tactics and sooner you'll start to have fun at any situations.

I didnt play for long time so i lost my rank im at rank 17 i started to play Yesterday.. i played 10 games mb and 8 times killer camp.. i playing solo so its hard to work around it bcs theyre not too good so its hard.. and if i play with friends we usually playing vs 13-5 rank killers.. theyre camping too and when they pop the gen.. he dont care ane he still waitin for my death.. so with my idea i think that 80# killers that camp right know will stop camping and game will be more fun for survival and it will be more about skill for Killer and i think it will be more Fun for the killer..

Its a game and we playing games to not getting bored with many facecampers that game Will be boring.. games should be fun

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 16,624

Let's remove pallet stuns, since they're not fun for killers.

I thought I told you already that "not fun" is not an argument.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

@MegsAreEvil So whats your suggestion then?

Open a thread with a detailed description of your suggestion and then we can discuss whether it can be abused or not.

Btw what do you suggest to counter tunneling of gens?

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215

if you're having trouble at rank 17 regardless of team or not you should be able to pip it is super easy at that rank and whenever I take a break and get put there I end up double piping most of my games at that rank. Camping is punishable get on them gens and get out don't reward campers. If camping is such a problem run kindred for your team so they know there are many ways to counter as for NOED. take adrenaline or don't get found at end game just escape.

Survival on hook cant do anything only wait or pressing space... And when Killer got stunned by pallet its about sill he can dodge that palet

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 1,607

In a game where stealth isn't an option and more often than not the killer will almost always spawn incredibly closely to a random survivor (or multiple) that's not really a sensible response; it's not always an option.

And sometimes being the last person found is what nets you the camp. By design the survivors are supposed to be tagging out, so let's not be ridiculous and pretend that getting caught once means you deserve to be camped or tunneled - it is game ruining and frankly messes up the ranking system.

• KotentopfKotentopf Member Posts: 211

In 120 Seconds (Time where your friend is on hook) you can do 3 complete gens (one per person) and at least one more with 2 or 3 guys at the same gen. SWF is overpowered as hell and you want to nerf killer while your swfriend is on hook.

You could avoid getting hooked by winning at stealth and winning chases. Regardless, that isn't your argument. Your argument is that it's "not fun". Well, neither is getting stunned, looped, blinded, or genrushed, just to name a few. So let's removed anything that can stun (pallets and perks), remove all walls and windows, and remove all generators. Because it's "not fun".

• GraviteaUKGraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019

Camping or tunnelling by who's merit?

I've been called camper simply for some moron standing in a trap right in front of a hook.

That's not camping, that's another entitled survivor thinking "He can't put a trap here im entitled to get my friend off the hook or he's a CaMpEr"

All these "Rules" made up by survivors are just that MADE UP.

I don't camp or tunnel and i run DS to try and lower the amount it's done on me, but he's entitled to do it. Is it a dick move? sure it is.

Is it against any rules? no.

Are there any of these made up rules to protect a killer? No.

Here's some of your greatest hits.

1. Using SWF to set up double flashlights
    2. Mass blocking hooks
    3. Mass sabotaging hooks
    4. Abusing broken loops with balanced landing.

Remember these "Nerfs" survivors moan about like removal of pallets? that equated to just 1 pallet per map on average, infinite loops are still in the game, they nerf second chance perks only to put another one in on a paid DLC 1 patch later.

Playing killer that isn't Nurse or Billy is like pissing into the wind at the moment i can't blame a Freddy for camping or tunnelling.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

Stop getting found first, tbagging, being a toxic surv, learn to juke/stealth and you will be fine.

How come I was camped maybe 10 times in my life, but some individuals like you are "camped 8 of 10 times"?

PS. Stop being entitled, thank you. You are new, you don't know [BAD WORD] about this game, play both sides, and you will see.

PS2. "when killer chase someone fot 10min its bcs he is bad... so its about skill.. when killer camps you its not about skill bcs you cant do anything..."; "ts bad argument that killers getting stunned by pallets.. bcs pallets are not infinty and you cant repair it... hook will repair.. and if you are good killer you wont have a problem with killing survival"; "first im not new.. and the second if youre playing normal this nerf will not works on you bcs it will works on campers... so if you are not camper you will be ok so what is your problem about it?" - your own words are the best weapon to break your "arguments". You are new, you are biased, you don't know how to play this game, nor you can't realize how your "fix" will [BAD WORD] up every killer in this game.

Think, buddy, think. And play both sides.

edited April 2019

Camping at rank 18 is normal so if you are afk they will camp you..

edited April 2019

"Well, neither is getting stunned, looped, blinded, or genrushed, just to name a few." Stunned by palet.. you can moonwalk so dodge the stun, to counter loop you can flick your mouse,blinded-lightborn,genrush-hexruin,getting blocked by stw when someone wiggle- mad grid.. there are lot of counters. And i think there isnt any counter vs camp

edited April 2019

Wait at what rank do you play if you're getting caught and facecamped "8/10 games" by Rank 18s?

No offence but i don't believe that figure, i have been playing for little over a year and have been facecamped MAYBE half a dozen times at the most.

edited April 2019

There are many counters against getting camped.

Not getting caught for one, 15 pallets per game, infinite loops, flashlight saves, hook blocking.

Teammates with BT.

MoM

DS after the first one.

Lightborn and Mad Grit are memes no self respecting killers run these and it's a big disadvantage to do so since most flashlights come on pickup so your face is locked at a point your only option is to drop the survivor.

Hex ruin does not counter Genrush lol it lasts maybe 30 seconds into a game and decent survivors can still hit skillchecks on it.

I played a killer game and lost Ruin before i could even get to it because a survivor spawned right next to it, every Hex perk in this game is a joke lol.

Ruin does not bother me as survivor i just work through it.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 1,607

Survivors on the whole agree that some maps can be pallet city and usually agree with nerfs like that though (although even then it's still RNG if they are)

Your argument is not about counters, it's about fun. Those things I mentioned are not fun. For the record, though, camping has counters.

Yea theyre not Fun but you can do it something to have better game... And if he camps you cant do anything mb you can pick up kindred but it is still bad vs camper... You must be extreanly good to run Away a camper (you must have boro... time) so There is 1 sick good counter but you must be good and run escape but still its not What i want. I want to do that camp will be extream unprofit so lot of bad killers camps and with this on rank 1 you 100# play vs normal killer and you have big chance on rank 15-20 that you play vs camper. In the killer will need more skill to play.. if he cant camp

• Prex91Prex91 Member Posts: 304
    edited December 2019

Devs maybe can add a bloodpoints reward on borrowed time (like bbq and chili) to help surv in low ranks with casual against killer campers to make it less unfun, or at least buff a little bit camaraderie. Only ideas. (Surv pallet campers or doing semi-infinites are unfun too in certain maps vs certain killers to be equal).

• joeyroujoeyrou Member Posts: 42

You mean survivors are just as toxic as killers if not more?!??!?!?! Oh my gosh I'm in shock