Home Technical Issues
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

PS4 Pro - huge frame drops

kamisenkamisen Member Posts: 697
edited April 2019 in Technical Issues

So I have this game on both PC and Ps4 Pro. Now, the FPS has always been bad on Ps4. But it's is literally unplayable as killer now. Whenever there is a survivor in the frame I have 20 fps on average. While this has been an issue since before, it seems way worse now for some reason. Does anyone else have the same experience? The TV is new and the console is about 3 years old. Can't imagine what it is like for regular ps4 owners.

Edit: The frame drops also occur in menus with animation. Going through the blood web is a nightmare.

Post edited by kamisen on

Answers

• Whocares19Whocares19 Member Posts: 3

I play on the ps4 Pro and don't have this issue have you got your TV set to game mode?

• BoxingRougeBoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

I’m on the PS4 Slim and if the game is running well I can get 40FPS sometimes but that’s just luck.

• kamisenkamisen Member Posts: 697

@Whocares19 It would be great if it was my TV!

It is on game mode, yes. I’ve optimised everything to prioritise performance. I’ve got a 55’ Samsung OLED (one of the earlier models).

• kamisenkamisen Member Posts: 697

@BoxingRouge What kind of TV do you have? Does it get worse when survivors are in the picture?

• BoxingRougeBoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

@kamisen LG Smart TV (32in) 2018, I can't remember the model but it runs the game well in cinema mode.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

Dont worry, 60 fps Soon TM

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,408

That's definitely odd, it shouldn't have gone down. You mentioned you got a new TV. Is this one a higher resolution than your old one? I have seen some people say that lowering the resolution in their console's settings (or switching it off of automatic) helped with their framerate. Is it possible that you are running it at a higher resolution than before?

You may want to give that a try. It's not ideal as you'll be sacrificing quality for performance, but if framerate is more important to you then that might help for now. We're still actively working on optimizing the game and it should start to get better as time goes on.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 8,637

Just to add to what Peanits has said above, is the Hz of your new tv lower than the previous one? As that could be responsible for fps drops.

As a quick check, is there a PC monitor that you can get hold of to set up with your PS4 to check whether this improves the fps for you?

• kill2healkill2heal Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2019

U have a p2 headphone plugged in your ds4?

I Have this issue sometimes when i use a headphone plugged in my ds4...

When i unplugged the headphone the magic happens and my fps is ok again.

I dont know why, but happens...

Maybe a problem with one of my ds4

Post edited by kill2heal on
  • kill2healkill2heal Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2019