Home Discussions General Discussions

Why killers have ZERO sympathy for survivors nowadays

2»

Comments

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

You threw out a wildly inaccurate claim and presented it as fact and if that was true you'd have no survivor population because they'd all be banned.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,629

Most people don't report because "reports don't do anything". Thus, toxic assholes are allowed to roam freely.

• ggallinftwggallinftw Member Posts: 190

Well, if you're gonna get insulted no matter what then ya may as well have fun and tunnel em into the ground... and slug the last guy... and stand there nodding for a couple minutes... and then toss him on the hook... and then nod some more... and then slash him a couple times... more nodding... and wrap it up with a nice little bow by calling him a garbage noob after the game... works for me :)

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 1,091

i cannot find anything wrong with giving a good survivors the hatch if their team sucked.

and also. to answer your " poor example if your trying too make killers look toxic and evil."

i'll tell you what exactly happened in that game.

started. the game. started repairing a gen. someone got hooked. completed the gen. moved to another gen. the killer came to me and started chasing me. the other guy got rescued and 3 gens got completed. but a big dead zone was created. he decided to facecamp me. other survivors tried to save. one of them got grabbed. other one saved me but had no BT. so it was basically a farm. hooked the other person. then picked me up and hooked me. died. other survivors managed to repair the remaining gens and save their teammates.

now tell me. how i'm trying to make the killer look toxic and evil? what did i do wrong? trying to survive? guess i'll have to afk under the hook next time

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

That's what toxic players want people to think so they don't get reported but all the ban waves and complaint threads state otherwise. There's the blowing off steam toxicity and then there's the actual toxicity.

There was a study done by MIT years ago for League about it and most is just that blowing off steam and actual toxicity is much rarer comparatively.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,629

I put it between quotes because I was being sarcastic. I know reports work.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 1,091

once there was a salty survivor basically being salty at the end game. reported him in-game and told him you're reported. have a nice day. he was like " lol you serious? do you think these reports work lol. "

after about one week. i found a comment on my steam profile from that salty survivor saying " -rep reports everyone and causes unfair bans " lol.

• MegsAreEvilMegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

@Sythalin: So should I now show you how the killers are the ones being toxic in game and afterchat? Camping and tunneling survivors to death, saying "ez noobs, I had fun, I dont care for you". thats how it works recently. I dont have any sympathy for killers anymore. if they played well they get a gg at best. but 99% of the killers only deserve to get flamed for being trash. its a game where everybode should enjoy the game and not being unable to do anything and getting harassed at the end. killers are the source of toxicity in this game.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,074

Most of the vitriol I receive comes from punishing tactical mistakes that survivors make when I play as Freddy. Survivors tend to lose their minds or simply don't respect him and get upset when they get 4k'd. Don't get me wrong, I think killers should try to play fair, but survivors aren't entitled to dumb plays out of a sense of "fairness". Both sides are trying to win. If I see an injured survivor that was just unhooked hop on a gen next to a healthy teammate w/ a medkit when both are awake, I'm going to take that to mean you're fair game and go after the injured one again. It's not so much a lack of sympathy from me. If you're legitimately getting farmed or had bad teammates, I'll give probably give you hatch. It's just that those who scream "tunnel" are often the ones making mistakes that lead to what they perceive as tunneling.

• HeHeBoiiHeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Survivors entitlement. Survivors thrive on making themselves heard so for the future, just click leave on the post chat screen and they will not be able to pour their hearts to a stranger no more.

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,640

I absolutely have no regard for survivors and their feelings. I'm mean to destroy them, so if things shake out in my favor... it's tough cookies for you.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I dont get why you just don't use the end game chat to tease them.

• OrionsFury4789OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

This right here 1000%!! Where I'm new to PC and have zero friends on steam I get paired with some of the dumbest people you could imagine, I honestly question if any of them have a brain stem sometimes.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,875

@Boss me too, I used to be more lenient with the last guy, but nowadays, I'm more wild. A 3 man or less players loading in, and I'll either insta DC (3 man, because I won't make myself feel so guilty) or farm.

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 2,180

@Bbbrian2013

Yep. I'm on PC and already have post match chat permanently close. This game is also the sole reason why my Steam profile is entirely private, so they can't even contact me through there, which I only set that way when DbD is in my play rotation.

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

I get more message like this as killer then survivor. survivors are the one that brings salt in this game even more when they are SwF. DbD is not fun due to current balance and i don't think he ever was fun at least not for both side. Broken mechanics like infinite , tunnel , camp , t-bag etc... angry players and devs don't patch those issues so he create a rift in the player base. when killers rage quit then you get EZ Baby killer or when survivor quit when the killer outsmart them and tunnel them EZ Baby survivor.

I do understand that some players don't deserve the hate but toxic players should stop t-bagging when they escape because the killers was nice. Same can be done for the killer when he's trying to learn nurse players like to troll but don't help him to get better and don't even give him a kill. T-bag instead and if he rage quit he get called Baby nurse.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,573
    edited April 2019

I highly doubt it's the majority. My experience alone tells me most players are neutral, not kind nor toxic.

The problem is that we tend to remember negative experiences better than neutral/positive ones, so for every toxic survivor you meet you don't notice the others that played normally and just moved on to the next match (maybe after leaving a gg).

I've heard tales of one out of a thousand survivors who give themselves up when the killer is about to end with a 0k, yet killers often give hatch escapes.

Probably because escaping gives 5-7k bp to the survivor, but a kill gives merely 700 bp, so no one consider them comparable.

This discussion has been closed.