Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

End Game Collapse - My Early Thoughts

RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,103

You're winning me back, Devs (though I'm still mashing 'F' for Legion, haha)!

It's nice to see something that shakes up the game (literally, lol).

I'm wondering how this new phase will work with Pig Traps, Remember Me, Bitter Murmur, NOED, Blood Warden etc, as these can bump Freddy and Pig up a bit in terms of viability, as well as assist most other M1 killers in the endgame, but I can think of some pretty OP/Challenging scenarios as a result.

@Peanits @not_Queen

Once again, this is a nice change, and it's both visually appealing (the cracks/tremors), fits the theme of the game (the sacrifices are great), and addresses several concerns/wishes at once (finite endgame, close hatch, real incentive to leave).

I look forward to testing this out, and I applaud you on your vision for this portion of the trial.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,193

I already love pig end game potential this could make her endgame potential 10 times stronger.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,103

Even if some stuff doesn't work the way I want it to, ANYTHING to shake up the gameplay at this point is a boon!

A BOON, I SAY!

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,389

Just trap people in the basement - wait out the timer.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I have to agree, I'd almost given up on this game but seeing the end game collapse gives me hope.

Nothing much will change in terms of gates, It only really effects people holding the game hostage and gives reason to leave. It's the hatch changes I'm excited about, it finally feels balanced.

also Apparently they've reworked a lot of end game perks but NOED is staying the same, I wonder how bloodwarden will be changed.

If there's somehow more than 1 person in the basement and endgame is triggered by a teammate? Go for it.

Endgame is triggered and someone runs into the basement randomly? Go for it.

If you're blocking someone in the basement, you're not going to be able to trigger endgame and neither are they, at which point you'd just down and hook the person, anyways.

It's pretty much the same as waiting out a sacrifice (takes 1 min longer), assuming you keep the person healthy...The others are forced to escape and the game ends...working as intended :O

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Sadly, that means that I can no longer farm with killer/survivors... :O

You can, so long as no one opens a gate!

• deathsiadeathsia Member Posts: 250

That's reportable and not to mention a bannable offense. Bodyblocking I believe it is called.

• deathsiadeathsia Member Posts: 250

By god, if you think killers are OP or that survivors are weak, then you must be new to the game still...

Guaranteed escape chance at 4/5 Gens is clearly a HUGE killer buff.

You clearly know what you are talking about and should be taken very seriously.