Home Discussions General Discussions

I know i'm asking the impossible in a survivor favored game but...

deathsiadeathsia Member Posts: 250

Can we PLEASE have something that prevents a survivor from crouch-blodyblocking the killer please?

Yes, its as simple as hitting them once you realize they are there but THAT MEANS JACK [BAD WORD] when those vital seconds needed to catch the survivor you were chasing were lost because a survivor exploited your reduced cone of vision!

If a survivor is crouch-bodyblocking you it means they have a hit to spare and do not care if you hit them so don't feed me the line of "It's a free hit!" because no, its not a "free hit", its a free escape for a running survivor!

"Go chase the survivor you just hit then!"

Sure, that's fine but oh wait, the moment I hit them they ran off before I even knew where they went because I was focused on trying to catch the escaping survivor!

"Don't tunnel then!"

It's not tunneling when I was already in a chase, an asshat crouch-bodyblocks me, I hit and ignore them trying to catch the survivor I was chasing to begin with!

"You just suck then/git gud"

And now you're just reaching to make lame excuses as to why this BS is okay.

Comments

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294

Iron Grasp and Mad Grit exists...

• deathsiadeathsia Member Posts: 250

Did you EVEN READ my post? This has NOTHING TO DO WITH carrying a survivor to the hook.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,095

Mad Grit is amazing for this very reason, but survivors blocking the "Hook" prompt should be considered an exploit, IMO. If survivors can unhook from every direction, killers should be able to hook from every direction as well.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 499

Sadly that will never change, it's part of the game, like a killer that can bodyblock a pallet and prevent them from using it, or just bodyblocking them for a desired purpose.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294
    edited April 2019

Then just hit them lol. You're basically complaining you got a free hit.

Did I EVER MENTION the phrase "carrying them to the hook"? NO! I'm talking about chasing a survivor!

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,095

Whoops, my mistake. I agree with you, survivors should not be able to stop a killer in their tracks. Killers should be able to push survivors out of the way, or there should be a killer perk called "Trample" that literally knocks down survivors if they're in the way.

^*How I feel when someone doesn't bother reading my post and says something I already made a remark about*

• Fres0c0Fres0c0 Member Posts: 100

Well let me introduce you to sloppy butcher and more survivors injured more time you are waisting for them to heal. Punish them for it. Or play leatherface nothing gets in your way

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 5,589

...use mad grit (im so funny i know)

Hit them. Just simply hit them.

Oh and btw if somehow removed body blocking survivors would phase through you... Aka a possibility of missing a hit

• BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,330

Killers can still block some basements, as well as block the hook save button from prompting as well. I had a Wraith cloak and block my hook because he was mad, nobody was able to save me because it prevented from showing the Unhook command.I mean to be fair, bodyblocking is realistic, but to completely diminish the command on both sides seems silly.

• I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 1,597

You mean blocking you when you're chasing someone?

Just smack them out the way and chase that one down

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 4,315

I know what you mean. You can't do anything against this, perhaps you are the billy,letherface, myers or other insta-down killer. This game is survivor sided remember ;)

• Saint_UkraineSaint_Ukraine Member Posts: 939

Well, I'm going to have to disagree and say what everyone else says.

Git gud.

• HURRI_KAINHURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 357

Agree with @Saint_Ukraine

If you're carrying someone, =Mad Grit. If you're just whining because a survivor is crouching in front of you, .... look down. Some killers are blind - and i'm not talking about characters, I'm talking players. If you can't see what's right in front of you it's not the game's fault, it's not the survivor's fault, it's your fault. Not to mention that most obstacles can be seen even when you aren't looking that far down. So if you have this issue often, get in a habit of hitting the survivor instead of wasting time, refusing to look in front of you. I'd love to see a video of you playing against 4 P3 Claudettes! lol

I guess alternatively you could play a short killer, like pig/freddy/legion/hag and then you'll see them crouching easier.

• Saint_UkraineSaint_Ukraine Member Posts: 939

@HURRI_KAIN He's saying he has an issue with survivors running in front of him and crouching while he's chasing someone. I've never had an issue with this. If the survivor wants me to chase them, I will happily oblige. Ez kills, ez life.

• HURRI_KAINHURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 357

Right, I addressed that. Free hit is a free hit. lol.

Guess he wants the survivors to use a shroud of binding and just stand in a straight line waiting to be hooked! roflol

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,923

A) survivors can magically run into the front of the killer and crouch without being seen, staying under the eyestalks of the pushed out position of the killer camera.

B) if a moving survivor runs into a moving killer, (especially when carrying someone) it somehow happens a lot more that the survivor blocks the killers movement instead the other way round. It seems unlogical the killer movement not being priotized here.

C) its not a free hit if the attack flies over the survivors head when the killer isnt looking at his feet.

I think this problem is hard to explain, but i guess a lot of killers have experienced this phenomenom.

• FSB75FSB75 Member Posts: 474

I'll do my best to answer this question:

No.

This issue has been around since about 6 months after the game was released. It's a collision problem in game. It's been suggested to give the Killer "more mass"...slower walking with a survivors in their path, but no longer so weak that the killer cannot move forward. That got tossed to the side I believe.

The other suggestion was to reset the "wiggle" progress bar for successful killer M1 attacks. You can imagine how well that went.

Another suggestion was an "exposed" effect for survivors while the killer is carrying another survivor. Survivors should be fearful, at least I always though.

It's just part of the game. It's considered a legitimate strategy option for survivors.

Does it break immersion to have 1,2, or 3 survivors running around evil incarnate hell bent on killing everyone...well yeah. So what if survivors are crouched under the hook and blocking a killer from 6 inches of forward progress.

Bottom line, like I said, this is nothing new, and if something were to be done, it would have by now.

Try playing Civ V for a bit...

• MegsAreEvilMegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

survivorsided ... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I don't really find it as much of an issue. There's perks for while you're chasing and perks to help you swing faster. If someone is blocking you and stuff, it may be a good idea to chase after the one who's blocking. A lot of times they aren't anticipating it and if they run the same direction of loops as the other survivor, they may sandbag each other.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,575

@MegsAreEvil It's been well known that survivors are op.

Why else do you think the devs keep nerfing? They're trying to balance them.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,086

I would like to point out that this situation is about when bodyblocking in a chase. Not while bodyblocking while carrying a survivor.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,087

Body blocking so a teammate can’t make it to the exit is fair IMO. But this game isn’t sided towards either side. One side can easily shift the game in their favor.

• SinnerSinner Member Posts: 334

Maybe you should play a less challenging game if this actually is an issue for you.

• TheVVitchTheVVitch Member Posts: 108

I mean post what you want, I'm free to say I think it's dumb 😘

• Nova_TerraNova_Terra Member Posts: 117

Me tryna mind my own business about the MLP reaction gif's