A Rework of Bloodpoint Offerings
I've come to propose changes to the bonus Bloodpoint offerings that's currently exist in Dead by Daylight.
Here's how it looks like currently.
- Three offerings per bloodpoint category at three different strengths (50/75/100%). 12 in total.
- One 25% to everything offering.
- One 25% to everything for all survivors offering. (Survivor unique)
- One personal 100% to everything offering.
- One 100% to everyone in everything offering.
Now we're up in 15 different offerings (16 for survivors) that can net you bonus bloodpoints after a trial.
That's.. quite a lot. All of these eat up space in the bloodweb that could have gotten you more useful things, like add-ons.
And to be fair, you don't see a lot of people burning up common/uncommon bloodpoint offerings because they don't feel worthwhile to use.
So here's my suggestions for reworking the bonus Bloodpoint offerings.
The first step would be to remove the bloodpoint offerings that only affect a single category. They're simply not worth using.
An example. 50% to one category (in a perfect game) nets you 4000 bonus bloodpoints while the 25% to everything (under the same circumstances) rewards you with 8000. This means that you can only match the 25% to everything offering by burning the rare 100% to one category offering and then max out that category.. and since the 25% to everything offering is both cheaper to get and more common to find in the bloodweb, it's just a net negative.
Knowing this.. the changes would be like this:
- 1 25% to everything. (Sweet William / Raven)
- 1 50% to everything. (Crispleaf Amaranth / Spotted Owl)
- 1 75% to everything. (Primrose Blossom / Shrike)
- 1 100% to everything. (Bog Laurel / Tanager)
- 1 25% to everyone in everything. (Envelope / Hollow Shell)
- 1 50% to everyone in everything. (Bound Envelope / Undulating Cocoon (New item, basically killer version of Bound Envelope))
- 1 75% to everyone in everything. (Escape Cake / Survivor Pudding)
- 1 100% to everyone in everything. (Bloody Party Streamer)
That'd reduce the total amount of bonus Bloodpoint offerings down from 15 (16) to 8 in total.
Every offering would net you more bloodpoints than the base "one category" offerings (which would reduce grind) AND since more games would have offerings that affected everyone in the trial, hopefully it'd deter DCs and prolong games which can only promote to help our community more. At least.. one can dream.
Reduce the total bloodpoint offerings from 15 (16 for survivor) to 8 in total by making all offerings affect all different categories.