The winners of the Third Anniversary contests have been announced! For more info and a look at the runners-up, click here: https://bit.ly/2LsXGlf

Have you ever played against someone from the forum?

PunLPunL Member Posts: 136
edited April 24 in General Discussions

Like the title says:

Have you ever knowingly played against someone from the forum and thought like "hey i know this guy, he is the one from the forum".

Sadly i haven´t, but thats maybe because i am not long part of the forum.

Also: are you using the same name in the forum as in your steam account? I do, so if you see a PunL either as survivor or as killer its most likely me :D

Comments

• Bbbrian2013Bbbrian2013 Member Posts: 1,789

Not sure...I am curious if anyone has ran into me MettleOfLegion on PS4.

🤔 I've been pretty toxic with my builds recently so i'd likely be memorable. Since i've been using up my good stuff on Legion. 😂

I do not use the same name! I did before PS4 name changes were introduced though.

• PunLPunL Member Posts: 136

@MineAntoiya

I played against panda I guess two times now, both during his stream (but without intending it). The first game he actually payed me some respect for good hinding, the second one he was a huntress and I just catched every axe he threw^^

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 761

Most players are on PC so I doubt I played against a forum user. I'm on XBOX ONE [EU].

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,073

I once played with a Survivor who is also on the Forum. That I know for sure.

Pretty sure I played with or against other people, but since the Forum Name does not have to equal the Steam Name, I dont know for sure. But it would be a weird to play like 1200hrs on DBD and not play with someone from the Forums.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 2,830

Nah.

• Adonisadon234Adonisadon234 Member Posts: 147

i'm a PS4 player soo... highly unlikely

• Andreyu44Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,044
  • NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 2,329

@Andreyu44 And that only few hours after I replied to you here in the forum that the community isn't that big and players see familiar faces in the lobbies just by chance. 😀

• tt_ivi_99tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,254

@Andreyu44

Sorry about that match, I was burning my Frank's Mixtapes, otherwise It would've been a Billy match :)

• OblitiryOblitiry Member Posts: 486
    edited April 24

Yes. Once against one who was a killer and another who was a random survivor on my team.

Became friends with the killer although we don't really talk anymore.

EDIT - This is on PS4 btw

• Andreyu44Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,044

@tt_ivi_99

Its okay ,I still had fun :)

Thanks for killing that Dwight tho,he was doing nothing the whole game.

• PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,113
    edited April 24

Yea I faced quite a few, also from the Steam forums.

But I guess many players use different names on the forum and in Steam so it can be hard to identify. If you've seen "Sw!zZ-Pii" or "Bubba the Security Guard" (more recently) then congrats - you had the pleasure to spend your time with my presence.

Also:

Post edited by PiiFree on
  • JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 770

If I got destroyed by someone from the forum I'd think that they owned me and I wouldn't be able to argue against any of their points.

I did play as a random in the same team as Mrs JawsIsTheNextKiller's toxic swf squad immediately after she stopped playing which was wierd. I made a point of not rescuing any of them on principle.

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,412
    edited April 24

Yes I have, Speshul_Kitten and another legion on here

EDIT: GT_Legend, Speshul, and I am trying to remember the legion

Post edited by Hoodedfengm1n on
  • PluPlu Member Posts: 1,061

Not to my knowledge, no, my name on Steam is Susie tho.

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 223

I have no clue. Maybe?

I play on PS4 tho, so probably not.

• SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 1,109

I play mostly with asian players so no. Whenever i get message as to why im bad at killer i know that i played with european brats.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 1,771

Yes.. quite a few.

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,412

@TheBean You play PC?

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,073

@Plu

Then I played at least two times vs you. One time you were moonwalking me ( :( ) and the other time you let us farm because it was a 3man (and 2 BPS were burned, lol).

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 2,287

Yes I have run into some peeps on xbox from the forum but on PC not really surprisingly

• GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 193
    edited April 29

Yes, I did

Post edited by Groxiverde on
  • TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 1,771

@Hoodedfengm1n  I do. I seen some from the Steam Forums.. cause they got the same names.. some from here.. but not sure all the time cause the names could be different from steam.

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,061

I don't moonwalk people @Aven_Fallen , as for the farming, maybe, there's alot of Susies on Steam sooooo...

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 464

Not that I've seen. I change my Steam name fairly often to fit whatever I'm doing at the moment, so hard to tell if anybody has played with me from here, as well. But no, I don't ever use this forum name in-game... still wish I could change it, honestly.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 1,341
    edited April 24

I played against someone named Ophelias on PS4 one time. I’m not sure if they’re on the forum or not, but it sounded familiar. I was Spirit on Torment Creek.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 2,123

ive seen a streamer facing someone i know from these forums, but i cant recall an event where i knew it was a forum member.

btw, if you find Mr.xD to be your Killer / a Survivor its probaply me.