I "was" so excited about end game collapse...
When I saw the info on end game collapse, I was ecstatic. Not only did they solve the hatch problem that's been plaguing the game since it's inception, they also solved the problem of survivors holding the game hostage end game. And they did it in such a remarkably awesome fashion.
However, I got my hopes up and was brutally reminded of the 1 step forward, 3 steps back policy. Any time Behavior does something amazing, they do something else to crush the excitement it would build if they released it on its own.
- "Adjusted the gate opening time for Survivors from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
This I can understand since killer being able to close the hatch will make it more difficult for last remaining survivors to open a gate. But that's only fine on its own. They also went and did this:
- Remember Me: Each time you hit your Obsession increase the time to open the exit gates by 4 seconds, up to a maximum of 8/12/16 seconds.
If you're going to buff the rate that survivors open the game, logic suggest that you in turn buff the perk that would counter the decrease in opening time. Why on earth would you go the other direction and nerf the hell out of Remember Me after decreasing gate opening time by 25%?!
The Left Behind buff still doesn't help. That perk needs to be reworked entirely.
- RBTs only become active whenever a generator is completed. Inactive RBTs will no longer trigger when attempting to leave via an exit gate. *NOTE: Initiating the End Game Collapse will not complete generators, but will block them. This means that any inactive RBTs will remain inactive.
The change to the Pig's reverse bear traps straight up eliminates one of their best uses. Those things don't last long unless you're following the survivor with it on intentionally. And her ambush is too weak to have her bear traps so significantly nerfed.
When it comes to the Legion changes, people were already highly concerned about some of the seemingly unneeded nerfs like blood not being visible in frenzy, missed frenzy attacks ending the frenzy, and frenzy movespeed being cut. Behavior said they heard our concerns and would be looking into it. I foolishly thought that meant they would hold back one of the less necessary nerfs or add some form of compensation. But then I read the ptb notes and find these changes.
- Increased the Feral Frenzy recharge time to from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Increased the fatigue time when Feral Frenzy ends from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Pallet vault duration 1.35s. Cuts time benefit by 25%. (was 0.9s; default pallet break is 2.7 sec. 0.1 for snap, 2.6 for break).
- Window vault duration 1.1s. Cuts time benefit by 25%. (was 0.9s; default window vault is 1.7 sec, fastest Survivor vault is 0.8s).
When so many people were saying that they were giving Legion the Freddy treatment, I rebutted saying that they were just making changes to make them more like the average killers with standard counterplay. After reading this, I feel like an idiot. At this rate, Legion could very easily end up next to Freddy. Unnecessary nerfs added to unnecessary nerfs are really going to add up and make this killer weak.