Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why Do People HATE Fengmin?

I don’t see why everyone is against feng min. By FAR the BEST survivor there is. She needs cooler cosmetics TOO!!

Comments

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,026
    edited April 2019

Most survivors are related to some sort of toxicity, in many peoples eyes.

Among them, Feng, Claudette, and Nea stand out.

Ace and Dwight are up there.

• MistressCharaMistressChara Member Posts: 112

She's statistically the most likely to be toxic. Somebody did a survey of 500 games and Feng Min accounted for like (rough numbers based on what I remember) 9% of the played survivors but like 22% of the total toxicity. (defined as teabagging, flashlight clicking, or insulting in post-game.)

That being said she's my favorite survivor and I love her <3

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2019

the cosmetics can be important to those numbers too. Her and nea with their neon hair have to be at least half of that 22%, if not more. They're like the female equivalent of pizza dwight.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I like her. She's cute.

And one day she'll be a Bunny Min and I'll have a secondary main.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,864

Awww... I love Feng Min! She's cute, has nifty cosmetics, and every time I strike her she squeals adorably... quite honestly my favorite victim in the game! David is a close second because his screams/cries of agony are hysterically funny, and he's easy to see.

• SinfulHarlotSinfulHarlot Member Posts: 154

And that's say something considering Laurie likes to be loud as hell...

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,069

She's been my main since day 1 of her release. And Bunny! o_o

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,069

I want to answer this question more thoroughly based on how I feel things happened.

First, Feng is a gamer. Not just a gamer, a competitor. She was so focused on winning and being the best (with the skills to back it up) she gained a reputation and when her career started to flag, it sent her into anxiety. She was desperate to be the best.

A lot of players likely identify with this, but there's also the animation changes. Feng used to stand there in the lobby like everyone else, and I preferred that. A short time later, they gave her an arrogant pose with her arms crossed and an almost-sneer on her face, as if smirking in defiance at the killer's attempts to stop her. I wish she wasn't the opposite of my personality, but oh well, I still love her.

Then there's the traditionally "toxic" outfits that are released. Usually they're very nice outfits with bright, pretty colors, but the higher-skilled players tend to gravitate to these clothes in order to be noticed and, therefore, chased. They want to waste the killer's time all match, proving they're better and that they're going to win. You've seen Fengs and Neas with these wild or gaudy outfits, and it's usually the people who are trying their hardest to not only evade the killer but keep them in chase for as long as possible (not trying to lose the killer).

I don't think it's a Feng problem, I think anyone with such loud cosmetics is bound to feel this way, especially if they seem to go out of their way to chase or track down the killer and taunt them through the match via flashlights, teabags, trap disarms, performing actions in front of the killer, etc. Maybe the cute bunny outfit will let benevolent Fengs show they're not all like that.

• PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,149

What @Coriander said.

Additionally, it's also kinda frustrating to get trolled by a tiny female that you could tear apart with ease. The contrast is much bigger, which makes it look fun for the Survivor but more annoying for the Killers.

• Andreyu44Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,528

"By far the best survivor"

Oh,yes.

The girl who likes videogames is definitely better than the girl with a beatiful voice who can play the guitar and her main goal in life is to make everyone happy by giving people hope. *cough cough Kate Denson *cough cough*

Not to mention Kate was the first one who actually tried to fight against the entity's grab.

But yes, Feng Min best survivor btw

@Andreyu44 Did you hear Kate in the PTB she was introduced? Voice of an angel.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Shes like the nurse her breath its super wierd

I know. xD It's part of the reason she's my main. I'm just teasing.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 1,134

her breathing is too loud. i can hear her easily.

and most ppl use her with flashlights and etc. making her " toxic " and hated by many killers. even tho she's a cutie

• BACKSTABBERBACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
  • RoMainPuppyRoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

She's adorable, if you wear the blue pigtails tho prepare for tunneltown, population - you.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,600

She requires iron will, but I never run iron will

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,578

"everyone"

I don't hate her.

/thread

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,041

I love Feng. She's my first level 50 character. Only problem I have is so often the one person who refuses to ready up is a Feng.

• Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

Feng is actually my main Female Survivor! I love playing her for her design and adorable voice. I just wish we had that bunny outfit for her..Nonetheless, I don't hate her one bit! 💜

• NoodleLegsNoodleLegs Member Posts: 317

she's my lovely main, she's going to be my first p3-50 character :D

• SlothGirlySlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Feng = best survivor, and there's nothing anybody can do to change that.

• JudithJudith Member Posts: 819

Source? I don't see people hating Ming more than other survivors.