Home PTB Feedback Archives Gameplay Feedback
We're making some changes thanks to the feedback received from the PTB. For more details, click here.
Dead by Daylight will undergo scheduled maintenance at 5PM EDT today. This maintenance is expected to last about 30 minutes. During this time, all game services will be unavailable. Thank you

15 seconds to open gate was better

SurvJoeSurvJoe Member Posts: 65

When u left 1v1 vs killer and if he finds the hatch first that's it for you . He will just close it and go patrol both exit doors which usually placed close to each other also with noed or remembed me there's zero chance for survivor to open exit door with 20 seconds so need to revert to 15 seconds

Comments

• TenebroTenebro Member Posts: 89

I think even 20 second are not enough when there are many survivors. An easy fix would be this: base gate timer 10 secs + 5 secs per survivor remaining (value determined when powering up gates).

• mistar_zmistar_z Member Posts: 504
    edited April 2019

What if it starts at 15 seconds and it adds a 5 second to every survivor left in the game? or 4 if its too extreme.

15>20>25>30.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Just find the hatch first. If not, you should have made a better job with the others survivors

The purpose is to give a challenge appropriate to the number of survivors remaining: 1 survivor alone = fast gate opening ... 4 survivors still in the game = slow gate opening. So more mind games, hide & seek, etc. without being an impossible or a too easy achievement.

It can also be based by the distance between the gates: if the gates spawned far away then the base timer would remain 10 seconds, if they spawned near each other then the base timer could be reduced to 5 seconds.

• Master_Bad_GuyMaster_Bad_Guy Member Posts: 100

If a player cannot open the gate in 20 seconds, he will not open in 15

• LittleLiamLittleLiam Member Posts: 34

Killer left me slugged today and went after someone else. While they were hooking them I crawled my way to the exit gate. Luckily, instead of making a b-line to me they looked around, finding the hatch and closed it. My adrenaline proced, restoring a health state and I was instantly opening the door. The killer luckily checked the other gate first before heading my way. The gate opened and I just barely got out being smacked down with just enough time to crawl out.

It is possible but every little thing has to go your way. If anything was off by half a second I wouldn't have made it. 20 seconds is a long time when it matters.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,486

15sec wasn't better just easier. Wouldn't mind a little extra time either as even when the gates are close the killer can't go from one to the other without providing an opening for progress.

• MegarisMegaris Member Posts: 64

no need to guarantee survivor's escape whenever exit gate is power on, especially when EGC because it's 3rd chance for last survivor.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,547

You failed to get to hatch first, now you shall take your punishment, also you can just run wake up

• MarcavecuncMarcavecunc Member Posts: 1,077

20 is plenty, it's fast enough without being too fast, and it's slow enough without being too slow. Any faster than that, you might as well make the doors open automatically as soon as they're powered..

I think the gates opening time should scale in some form with the number of survivors remaining in the match and the distance between the gates spawning location, to give both parties the right amount of challenge: not too easy, and not too hard.