Home PTB Feedback Archives Gameplay Feedback

Borrowed Time Change

ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,309
edited April 2019 in Gameplay Feedback

Can we revert Borrowed Time back to only one use per survivor per Trial or make it so the same survivor can't gain Borrowed time twice in the same Trial? Seriously, just had a game where the same survivor saved the same hooked meg twice and gave her Borrowed Time. Twice. It's cool that you want survivors to have enough wiggle room to escape the clutches of a killer, but you can't seriously think it is ok that only one survivor on a team of 4 can just keep using Borrowed Time to save the others.

Killers only response to Borrowed Time is to just hit people twice. At least make it so a single survivor can't just be a Borrowed Time bot. Especially with the buffs that it is getting. Just make it so survivors need to actually take a all be responsible for taking a risk. EGC effects the killer too and one single survivor constantly giving out a damage shield because they just spend the game following you around with a flashlight isn't a fair distribution of fun. Killers need counterplay too and survivors need reasonable limitations as well.

@Peanits

Post edited by ReikoMori on

Comments

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,209

JuSt AdApT

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,309

Ok. Survivors ask for counterplay to kills all the time and they get it. They get it because the game needs counterplay to work somewhat well. That should go both ways though. Survivors have so much they can do to protect themselves and each other if they act as a team. Borrowed Time as it is now doesn't have consistent counterplay to it and rather than each survivor having to take a turn being the one at risk one person can do it repeatedly in a game state where healing has become overall better.

When survivors are in a situation with no real response they lose their minds. You've got all the counterplay in the world to just about anything and we can't even have Borrowed Time be made reasonable? I didn't ask to have it gone or to have it changed in any way other than the same person can't keep giving out borrowed time. It's a team game and the team should have to take risks.

• MarcavecuncMarcavecunc Member Posts: 1,203

I know, just saying, it's a gamble going betweem the unhooker or the unhooked.. Sometimes it pays off, other times, not so much.

I personally prefer going for the unhooker to give the other guy a break, if they're at even distance.. but if I only see one of them I'll go for that one, no matter who it is.

• KagrenacKagrenac Member Posts: 773

I'd rather them make it like it was before Legion. Keep the bleedout timer for BT and deep wound separate.

Before Legion got released BT was pretty balanced.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,067

I think they can't revert it to before-Legion-state because they could not manage to develop what happens when borrowed time meets bleed out effect. But I also thought right at the beginning that it can't be good design if the same effect is applied to be a benefit of a perk while being also a threat caused by a killer power.

Now they change bleed out pro-survivor as the want to nerf Legion, but with this allow a kinda insta heal effect for borrowed time. Simply doesn't work. I really think limiting the count to apply this effect with BT is the only chance. The "limitation" to be in the terror radius is not enough

• YucchiYucchi Member Posts: 250

If you don't stay close to the hooked survivor borrow time won't even activate!

Yea, what to do during endgame is something to discuss, but you shouldn't complain about BT during "gen time"

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,608

Let me explain the situation so I can be very clear.

I had a Quentin do nothing the whole game but walk behind me the entire game. When I hooked someone the moment I turned my camera he was already unhooking. I tried to grab him off the unhook, but the since the game is just garbage at this point I just get a basic m1. He gets the unhook. The first time it is whatever. Forget it. We're mid game I'll sort it out later. It's at this moment that gens start popping in rapid succession. Well there goes that line of thinking. I have deal with this issue now or I'm getting nothing done. Get the Quentin down and get him hooked, but I ain't go time to camp him to death nor the patience. So I move on trying to apply pressure as best I can, but I'm Clown so that isn't exactly a thing I can do very well..

Get the meg down again and wounded the other two survivors. I put Meg in the basement. Gens are done and Quentin is off the hook and healed back up. He tries to make the save, I fend him off and he runs off. I see the other team members trying to distract me. I know they play so I don't go for them. Quentin comes back healed up again and gets into the basement. I get after him, but he gets the to the hook and EGC starts in the same instance. I try and swing early to getting, but unhook I-frames exist for both the unhooker and the unhookee so I get nothing. I recover swing on the Meg and for the second time this game she gets saved by BT from the same Quentin.

This is a recurring issue in the game. Survivors who just want to be annoying BT bots and that simply should not be a thing considering if BT is going function on the same rules as Deep Wounds with an extra ability to eat any type of attack then It needs to be one time use or this effect can only be gained by a survivor once.

• RockRage8962RockRage8962 Member Posts: 45

Borrowed Time used to only be a one use perk, but that was back when it protected both the unhooked survivor, and the survivor who made the rescue. So they changed it so that it only protected the unhooked survivor, but gave it unlimited uses throughout a trial. Removing the unlimited uses would make it worthless to bring into a match if it won't give any side benefits to compensate for it's one time use.

• LemmingLemming Member Posts: 99

I'm sure it would be fine within the current meta to have it be one shot use and only on the unhooked. The Killer still has no notification that a survivor even has Borrowed Time and can not make an educated decision on who to go for, so is it any wonder when they got for the weaker survivor?

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

If BT is only one shot, you'll never see it again.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 6,061
    edited April 2019

@ReikoMori the 1st situation you already hit Quentin once.

In 2nd unhooker doesnt have i frames and because it was EGC in the basememt you could've just bodyblocked it

Or bodyblock the Borrowed Rhymes

• konspirikonspiri Member Posts: 11

Personally I don't have issue with Borrowed Time but in this case it would be better to add a cooldown to BT than to revert it.

I have issues with flashlights that blind me from 90 degrees angle or gen rush but BT? Nooo.

• smappdoodasmappdooda Member Posts: 301

"The Killer still has no notification that a survivor even has Borrowed Time"

And yet the survivors get their hand held by notifications of all sorts. "Hey you are hexed, exposed, and need to pick up milk on the way home!"

• ChiChi Member Posts: 774

@smappdooda it's only a notification after the fact (Same for BT) "Hey btw you're hexed (after you've seen the effect of said hex)"

• Karl_ChildersKarl_Childers Member Posts: 669

So in the first scenario, you injured Quentin as he went for the unhook. Instead of just going after him for the down, you chose to tunnel the unhooked survivor and got hit with BT. That’s on you.

Also on a side note, if what you say is true in that Quentin was walking behind you the entire game, then this guy isn’t doing any gens. How is that hurting you?

• tizzi717tizzi717 Member Posts: 86

Stop camping, your problem is solved. It's easy right? Build up some skill

@tizzi717 someone didnt read a post below. Its the 10th post in this discussion

• tizzi717tizzi717 Member Posts: 86

it's fine game perks punish tunneling, what's your problem?

• KnayterKnayter Member Posts: 117

just dont tunnel, go for the unhooker, easy solution

• drunky26drunky26 Member Posts: 685

If they unhook in front of you always assume they're using borrowed time, even if they're not you end up punishing them for an unsafe unhook, which is a d*ck move.

I'll humor this. What perk on the killer side has no counterplay? I gave up caring about what happens with Borrowed Time, but I want to see what you say.

@tizzi717 ... Did i say anything about that? No. I'm just saying your post had nothing to do with the post

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,054
  • AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,608

BT has always been an overpowered cancer perk, and it will probably always be.