MoM outrage getting ignored

Comments

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 222

@Slayer

You have heard of lockers right? You don't need Calm Spirit to counter Doctor, you can just use Lockers to avoid screaming if getting zapped really bugs you that much.

Even ignoring Lockers Doctor isn't that great a Killer. He's a 115% M1 Killer whose power is he finds people, prevents flashlight blinds & insta-heals mid-chase, and he can sometimes stun people to deny pallet or window vaults if he plays well and the Survivor has never learned how to play against Doctor.

Now if you play solo I can understand your complaints (because solo queue is full of people who go down in 10 seconds, miss every skillcheck when they dare to touch gens, and DC on their first hook) but you still need to stop complaining because it's not Doctor that's killing you, it's your bad teammates.

Unless he's 3-gen'ing (and that will usually end with the Survivors winning... it just takes 10+ minutes) there's nothing that annoying about Doctor IMO. Just do generators, loop him to the best of your ability when he finds you, and pray that your teammates will do the same.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 969
    edited April 29

All survivors can counter NOED no matter what they bring. They don't even need to bring anything.

Not all killers can counter MoM and at best can only soft counter it by playing very specific perks in a very specific way -- just to counter a single survivor perk.

I should also point out that NOED was changed and nerfed several times from having no counter at all, to having no counters but being limited to a timer, to being able to be countered by making it a hex perk and even shutting it down before it can even activate, and among all those changes, its power was reduced as well.

• SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 1,099

Just unlike you i dont get triggered when debating i leave whenever i want and reply whenever i want. Lets start from begining you said why Killers like Freddy miss a play against perk i said why not? Must have perk to juke killer iron will miss counterplay against Doc and its totally fine around here. You told me to equip calm spirit to be able to juke him but then in that case other killers negates my perk slot cause its useless against them. But you telling me that its possible to juke him without calm spirit so okay maybe but why you think MoM is a problem for better players then? Because you simply dont mind if killers having upper hand in this game. You dont care about balance for both sides

Talking about chase . So your argument is thats fine that he negates juke ability because he s weak? Thats only your opinion that hes weak.

• OblitiryOblitiry Member Posts: 484

Yep I'm aware of all the this. However countering NOED isn't always in our control. Just like how countering MOM won't always be in our control.

It's a beautiful state of equilibrium which is rare in DBD. Killers have NOED, now survivors have MOM.

:3

Weird, considering I counter NOED just fine as a solo survivor.

I see a totem, I do a totem. Killers who often have NOED never get it to proc.

Let us pretend NOED has no counters. Tell me how compacting uncounterable perks and bad game design makes the game healthy?

Survivors whine and moan how they don't want to face only Billy and Nurse only at high ranks and yet say perks like MoM which hurt 10/15 of the killer roster and most of the weaker ones at that somehow think MoM is completely fine for the game.

The fact people derank on purpose just to face different killers should be a giant red flag for people that the game isn't in a healthy state and perks like MoM definitely do not help. I feel like playing Wraith, but I don't want to get dunked on by a x4 MoM+BT+Deliverance+Adrenaline strike team which I see *a lot* as survivor.

• skillchecksskillchecks Member Posts: 66

This is the best answer i read so far.

MoM is a good and strong perk. Just like noed, or spirit fury or bamboozle. I know that MoM can be really annoying and frustrating for killers. But so can be bamboozle or spirit fury. For example:

1) if you don't know that killer has spirit fury and you stun him, it's basically a free hit for him.

2) With all the dead zones and lack of pallets, windows are the only thing that a survivor can use to get some distance from the killer, until a leatherface with fast charge addons use bamboozle and you get outplayed.

Strong perk, yes...OP, nah.

• JudithJudith Member Posts: 819

Are you really comparing those perks?

Good! Your games have less NOEDS than other players. That's awesome.

Yeah pretending is nice and all. But here in reality NOED has counters. So does MOM. Now will you always be able to counter both? No. Will you be able to counter them in other games? Yes.

De ranking is a whole other beast to talk about.

• CaretakerCaretaker Member Posts: 657

What counters does MoM have? Bring instadown perks? Run killers that don't proc it? Stop pretending like MoM isn't broken as [BAD WORD].

Almost every counter has been mentioned in this topic.

Why ask a question you already had the answer to?

:)

Uhm, I can see if the killer has NOED after the match you know.

It's pretty easy to see if I successfully countered it or not.

NOED is in about 1/4th to 1/3rd of my games in matches that isn't against Nurse or Hillbilly.

How is it difficult?

You see totem, you do totem. If other survivors don't do the totems and NOED activates, that's their fault, not the fault of the perk.

May as well say BBQ is OP too when people do absolutely nothing to counter play the vision it provides.

If every survivor in the match did a dull totem they see, if they just spent those 14 measly seconds to cleanse it, I guarantee the amount of times NOED would activate would be incredibly low.

Drop pallet early while Billy is chargin up his chainsaw or you want them to drop it when they hear his TR?

With bamboozle no loop to be feared as killer and the fact that you trying to say that one of the best killers perks has a counter is ridiculous

If Billy is charging up his chainsaw you can either continue the loop because he just slowed himself down or still drop it early. Depending one when and where he begins charging it depends which one you do.

And lol at Bamboozle being "the best killer perk". Especially when it's been bugged for 2 months.

So all survivors encounter all five totems in total right? Without even looking for them

edited April 30

If I can find 3 or 4 totems in a match by just keeping my eyes peeled (I'm counting already destroyed totems for this, too), then 4 survivors keeping their eyes peeled should be able to find all 5 before generators get done.

And if it's that difficult for you, bring a map or small game until you become more familiar with totem placements. Once you learn them on most maps it seriously isn't nearly as hard as people try to make it out to be.

Simply drop pallet early doesnt counter it thats what killers want.

I didnt say the best killers perk did i?

Ahhhh there seems to be a bit confusion on my response haha.

When I said your games have less NOEDs I was complementing you on preventing it. I wasn't talking about the perk itself being present in a killers build.

If that's what it takes for you to prevent a single perk from activating then so be it.

That's literally basic gameplay from most killers anyways.

This discussion has been closed.