Home PTB Feedback Archives Gameplay Feedback
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Replace the ''Disconnect" option with "concede" during EGC for survivors.

2»

Comments

• LittleLiamLittleLiam Member Posts: 34

Are you serious? I clearly say I'm in favor of it for both sides.

• KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 976

I play both sides and from this I've got to just say no. Because if this gets implemented, it's going to entice the already insane amount of people that DC on a regular basis. Even worse it's going to lead to so much more sandbagging. "Oh it's just you and me left and you're on a hook? Well I'm going to just let you die and once you're dead I'll DC for free and not worry about any penalties."

Behavior like this is the reason why We're Gonna Live Forever got changed to Safe Rescues only. The people that would abuse this as a mechanic are still very readily prominent in the game. We need to deinsentivise this behavior, not encourage it.

• konspirikonspiri Member Posts: 10

It's called Endgame Collapse but shouldn't be collapsed by concede button.

If you can't spent 2 extra minutes in game don't play it. Especially now without EgC are these times much longer.

• mcNuggetsmcNuggets Member Posts: 767

An option for both roles would be appealing.

But both roles then get like -50% bp

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,236
    edited May 2019

As nice as this sounds at first, it would unfortunately be easily abused. Giving survivors a way to quit the game early while still keeping their points would encourage them to do just that, which could hurt killers who want to get more chase points or who are trying to complete an achievement like "Blood on your face" or "Evil Incarnate." Or maybe that survivor hasn't been hooked yet and is the killer's last BBQ stack.

The EGC doesn't last long enough to justify a concede option. If I come across a killer who decides to slug me and watch me die, so be it, that's a great time for a bathroom break.

• konspirikonspiri Member Posts: 10

Bathroom break? And miss that awesome death? 🤩

Devs done great work on that and you will miss it in bathroom?!

• liviu1911liviu1911 Member Posts: 144

the last thing, survivors dc'ing being count as sacrifice, it's a good one. i also had problems when i'm with my friends and they are dead, me left alone and if someone invites me , even if i'm on the hook, watching on the pretty boring animation, if i accept the invite.. the game disconnects me ... without let me press a confirmation button... and i did that a few times, just because i forgot that's gonna happen :D ... but another question for you .. you said survivors dc count as kill, but killer dc? we already lose pips as survivors if a killer dc

:)) pretty balanced so far :)

• AnvilAnvil Member Posts: 38

If it's possible it will happen; if it's not possible, players may still find a way to make it happen. If a players get joy from it, they will abuse it. Believing all players are altruistic is a great quality, just not reality. As proof, look at @TheBean, they're either a troll, or just lacks empathy; either way the rest of us lose.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited May 2019

@Anvil When I see a survivor doing circles on the ground... I get mesmerized.... It isn't that I don't want to hook them and finish them off... but I just can't seem to focus anymore... look deep into my eyes little rabbit...

• AnvilAnvil Member Posts: 38

@Peanits, I disagree with your prioritization. DCing is a high priority issue you're already trying to address, of which you'll never be able to eliminate (but you knew that). One major reason players DC is to escape a bad situation/experience. However, in doing so, they create a bad experience for everyone else. This feature is addressing that issue and providing some additional quality of life by providing a way out for players when they are being abused or just getting completely beaten.

Having a bad run is part of any game and we all accept it. However, being bullied with any regularity will thin any player base. Reducing the opportunity (ability) for players to take the game hostage should always be a very high priority for any company looking to retain and grow their player base.

This is a great idea but needs refinement and since forums are a petri dish for opinions...

Killers can force endgame which is one way to concede, though they should be able to concede earlier in the game when up against bad actors.

Survivors should be able to concede but should do so as a majority (it's a democracy). This is not a new concept in team based games and, in my own experiences, works very well.

Conceding should mean you give up any BP and will down pip (I would gladly give this up just to move on). The victor(s) should earn a reasonable win in terms of BP and ranking (at least a safety pip). As killer, this is counted as sacrifices; one for each living survivor, just like EGC. For survivors, this is counted as surviving/escaping.

Yep, this all looks perfect! No way this could go wrong.