My ideas how to rework some perks
Hello guys! Some time ago, I've got a few ideas to rework/buff some perks that cannot find their place in any perk build or encouraged tunneling/camping etc. If any of the perks I mentioned are fine in your opinion or could be unhealthy for the game, let me know and I'll think how to edit it!
- Deja Vu: Auras of 3 Generators in the closest proximity to each other are revealed for 30/45/60 seconds, at the start of the trial and each time a Generator is completed. If you're reading a Generator Aura, you can determine their repair progress by the intensity of their Auras at a distance of up to 128 metres.
Reason: Deja Vu becomes less useful the better the player is. This small QoL change would allow to make better decisions throughout the game, even in higher ranks
- Insidious: Perk activates 5 seconds after hooking a Survivor. Once it's been activated, your Terror Radius is reduced to 0 (fades away within those 5 seconds) for 8/10/12 seconds.
Reason: It'd discourage camping, as you can sneak up on your next victim instead of waiting next to the hooked person, to not waste a perk slot
- No One Left Behind: Gain a 6/8/10% stackable bonus to Altruistic action speed for each Gen completed. Once the exit gates are powered, gain 100% more Bloodpoints for actions in the Altruism category.
Reason: People are not usually altruistic at the end of the game, so I think it should just work mid-trial too and in the end-game, they'd be also awarded with additional Bloodpoints
- Iron Maiden: You open Lockers 25% faster. After exiting a Locker, that Survivor's Aura is revealed to you for 5 seconds and the Survivor suffers from the Exposed status effect for 10 seconds and additional 5 seconds for each second spent in a Locker, up to a maximum of 40/50/60 seconds.
Reason: 15 seconds straight out hardly ever lets you get an instadown, even with an Aura vision. I think that the expose duration accumulating overtime would give more benefits upon using this perk, at a cost of a bit slower Locker searching
- Autodidact: No longer affects skill checks and there's no penalty at the start. A token is given for each fully healed health state without using a med-kit. Each token grants a stackable 10/15/20% speed increase to healing up others. You can earn up to 3 tokens.
Reason: Skill checks are too unreliable to use them as a condition of how a perk is working. Changing it to equivalent of full health states healed (for others) and giving other benefit than instant progress upon hitting skill checks wouldn't be too luck-based and denying the slow heals builds
- Open Handed: As long as you're alive, your and your teammates' Aura reading ranges are increased by 20/22/24 metres. Survivors can only be affected by one Open Handed effect at a time. Does not affect Kindred's Killer Aura reveal.
Reason: +4/6/8 metres is simply garbage, to be honest. Increasing this value to 20/22/24 metres would make it much better option, especially combined with Bond, Detective's Hunch or underlevelled Empathy. Also, the small QoL addition similar to Prove Thyself wouldn't make it crutch in SWF using 4 Open Handed's in the trial, since only one of them would be working at a time.
- Resilience: Grants additional 15/20/25% speed while healing, sabotaging, unhooking, vaulting, cleansing, opening Exit Gates and searching chests while injured. Gain a token each time you are healed back to full health. 3 tokens: the additional action speed applies at any time.
Reason: Although faster action speed sounds good, it's only 3/6/9% and requires you to be injured, making it a bit more viable only using No Mither. This value increase and additional token mechanic should make it a very good option; additional repair speed was removed in my idea
- This Is Not Happening: Great skill check success zones are 50% bigger while injured. Succeeding a great skill check grants 1/2/3% additional progression towards your actions.
Reason: This perk is garbage right now. It does nothing more than increasing great skill check success zone. Buffing this benefit and additional progress upon hitting great skill checks would be a decent option for both new and experienced players
- Beast of Prey: After being in a chase for 10/5/- seconds, the perk activates. Once it's been activated, hides the red stain and reduces the Terror Radius by 8 metres. Once the chase ends, the effect persists for 15 seconds. Gain 50% more Bloodpoints in Hunter category.
Reason: Relying on Bloodlust every chase is pretty bad idea, since you want them to be as short as possible. This change would turn the perk into a combo of its red stain disappearance and temporary Monitor & Abuse benefits, making it simply more viable
- Monstrous Shrine: Bonuses given to the Basement: disables the ability to attempt escape from the Basement hooks, 12/14/16% faster Entity progression when you're at least 24 metres away from the Basement, a penalty of 12/14/16% to altruistic action speed (unhooking and healing).
Reason: Monstrous Shrine is only monstrous when it comes to the way you've wasted a perk slot, using this. To make it simply better and keep its purpose of a Basement perk, the Entity progression in the Basement is even faster, altruistic action slower and survivors cannot get off a hook on their own in the first phase
- Slippery Meat: Increases the odds of freeing yourself from Hooks and Bear Traps by 10% and 30% respectively. Each time you are removed from a Hook or Bear Trap (escaped or rescued), you leave no scratch marks for 4/5/6 seconds.
Reason: 3 additional attempts having 4% chance of getting of the hook is not good to be honest. I thought it'd be better to increase the chance of hook escape instead. Also, the Bear Trap benefit was increased to 30% across all tiers and added a mechanic of hiding your scratch marks
- Boil Over: Effects of your struggling are increased by 75% and the Killer's FOV is decreased by 3/5/10 degrees when you wiggle. You obscure the Killer's ability to see Hook Auras within 20 metres.
Reason: Iron Grasp benefit became equal (75%), so why shouldn't Boil Over have that also? Other benefits would make it actually harder for Killers to transport you to a hook, which is this perk's purpose
- Diversion: Standing within Killer's terror radius, not in a chase for 45 seconds activates the perk. Once it's been activated, press the Active Ability button while crouched and motionless to throw a pebble, which creates a loud noise notification and scratch marks for the Killer at a distance of 16/20/24 metres. The perk deactivates once it has been used. You can see the landing area of your pebble (like Plaid Flannel add-on works).
Reason: A pebble is a bit unreliable. It'd land further and allow you to see where it lands, so you can throw it at a Generator for example
- Stake Out: Earn a token for every 15 seconds staying within Killer's terror radius, not in a chase, up to 3/4/5 tokens. If you have at least 1 token, good skill checks are considered great skill checks and consume 1 token.
Reason: The maximum token feels a bit small amount, especially on tiers 1 and 2. It was increased by 1 for each tier
- Technician: The noises of a Generator you are repairing and its hearing distance are reduced by 8 metres. On a failed repair skill check, there's a 75% chance that Generator explosion will be prevented and its regression penalty decreased by 2/3/4%.
Reason: This perk is a bit weak right now. I decided to increase the chance to prevent the Generator explosion upon failing a skill check and also reduce the penalty for it
- Wake Up: When the Exit Gates are powered, their Auras are revealed to you within a range 128 metres. While you're opening an Exit Gate, increase its hearing distance by 12 metres for other Survivors and reveal your Aura to them within a range of 128 metres. While the perk is active, you open the Exit Gates 15/20/25% faster.
Reason: 5/10/15% additional speed of opening the Exit Gates is slightly too small for a perk slot, since not every game ends with the possibility to open an Exit Gate and escape with it. I decided to increase this benefit and add the hearing distance increase by 12 metres so it's easier to locate Exit Gates for other Survivors while you're opening them
- Left Behind: If you're the last Survivor remaining in the trial, your healing, cleansing, opening Exit Gates and searching chests speed is increased by 40/50/60% and after closing the Hatch, the Endgame Collapse triggers with a 45 seconds delay.
Reason: One sentence is enough to explain the rework idea: this perk is garbage. Who decides to repair Generators instead of looking for the Hatch? Come on. I decided to reduce the action speed increase, but apply it to actions that are more important than repairs. Also, I added one QoL change with a view to the 2.7.0 PTB, so the Survivor has a bit more time in the end-game
- We're Gonna Live Forever: Each time you safely rescue, pick up from the Dying State or take a hit to protect another Survivor, see the Killer's Aura for 4 seconds and gain 25% stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100%, after the trial ends.
Reason: This is just a Bloodpoint farming perk right now. Adding an Aura reveal effect to it will make it a Survivor version of Barbecue and Chilli, as perks should affect the gameplay, not only how many points you get from it
- Dying Light: You become obsessed with one Survivor. The Obsession's altruistic action speed is increased by 38/44/50%. Each time you hook your Obsession, all other Survivors receive a penalty of 19/22/25% to repair, healing and sabotage speed for 60 seconds. Once the Obsession is killed or sacrificed, Survivors' repair speed is reduced by 10%.
Reason: Maybe it's not that low-tier, but it encouraged tunneling to get rid of the Obsession as fast as possible. This change could fix it, as if you wouldn't tunnel with this perk, total time of 25% action speed penalty could be up to 180 seconds
- Play With Your Food: You become obsessed with one Survivor. Gain a token every time you chase your Obsession and let them escape, up to 3 tokens. Each token equals 3/3.5/4% extra movement speed to you. Each successful attack on a Survivor spends one token.
Reason: First of all, it's an Obsession perk which makes it a bit luck-based, you also have to repeatedly find and lose a chase with them to gain the perk's benefits. But main issue is that you lose a token every time you swing, use a chainsaw, release corrupt purge etc. which doesn't even have to hit a Survivor, and there are some perks that can cause you to miss. I decided to slightly reduced the value of obtained movement speed but make the condition of losing tokens more forgiving for Killers
- Vigil: You and your teammates within a range of 16 metres recover from the Hemorrhage, Mangled, Hindered and Blindness effects 30/40/50% faster. Once out of range, the effect persists for 15 seconds. Your Exhaustion recovery speed is increased by 20%.
Reason: At best, Vigil removes 8 seconds out of 40 seconds Exhaustion effect duration, which isn't too much, especially considering you don't recover it while running. And why would you want to recover it faster while doing a Generator far away from the Killer? I decided it could be great if it allowed everyone around you to recover from the other debuffs much faster, and at increased range!
- No Mither: After you get injured by the Killer, you are affected by the Broken status effect for the duration of the trial. Your thick blood coagulates practically instantly.
- You don't leave pools of blood.
- Grunts of pain are reduced by -/25/50% at any time.
- Grants the ability to fully recover from the Dying State.
- Gain 100% more Bloodpoints for actions in the Boldness category.
- Broken icon isn't displayed in the HUD. //unique feature for No Mither
Reason: As a "hard mode" perk that keeps you injured 24/7, it really should be rewarding. I thought to give additional Boldness scoring for using No Mither. Also, the ability to pick up yourself has an issue, as a person using No Mither is clearly shown in HUD, telling the Killer "You see? I run No Mither. Don't [bad word] slug me!". Maybe starting off healthy and not having this icon shown would finally let No Mither guys be slugged by Killers
- Buckle Up: The recovery of dying Survivors can be determined by the intensity of their Auras at a distance of up to 128 metres. When you heal the Survivor from the Dying State to Injured, both the rescued Survivor and yourself gain a 5/6/7% Haste status effect for 15 seconds.
Reason: This perk's utility can be easily denied by the Killer if they don't slug. So if it's that situational, it should do something very good. Aura reading on the Killer can be useful, but it doesn't have to and can be provided by other perks, such as Alert. I decided to increase the range of reading the recovery progress to affect the entire map, and changed the Aura reading with a Haste status effect to quickly evade from the place, so the perk could turn out to be a life-saver in dire situations
Are there any more perks that I could consider on this list?