Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Thoughts on Class Photo being built in on Freddy?

MemeMeme Member Posts: 275

I feel like Class Photo should be part of Freddy's ability, since it will make him much more viable and fun to play as. It will also stop Freddy from tunneling the survivor as he will have to wait 9 whole seconds before hitting them, and in the mean time they can go to a pallet or vault. It will promote anti-tunneling to a extend which is one of the main aspects many survivors complain about him.

Comments

• KiskashiKiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019

Hmm this would be nice, I loved using this addon but it felt especially OP to me though (most matches I used it in ended fast, ranks 12-6) I felt like I could chain dream world control a little too well, plus reduced skill check etc so I could keep a majority in the dream world then chain when I got a hook etc... I feel like it might just make him more overpowered if used correctly with good builds. Not sure overall, a good suggestion though.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

Maybe his green range add-on instead.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

Maybe his green range add-on instead.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I think if Class Photo becomes base then the Devs will find some way to make Freddy ######### in more important areas in order to make him ''balanced''. You could say that's what balancing is but if it completely ruins the character in favor of 4 Survivors, that's not balanced nor asymmetrical.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 2,970

i think it wont matter regardless, from the sound of what the devs are saying his entire power is getting a rework so it might not even function like you think it would once the change occurs.

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 814

Class photo is one of his stronger addons, i think it would be too good. Constantly putting everyone to sleep and ocassionally hitting someone is how you win as Freddy, cf makes it very easy.

He needs some buffs tho. I was thinking maybe smaller skillchecks odds as base power? He really does get rekt by rng. Or perhaps increase movement speed by big chunk when walking forward and there is no survivor in line of sight. Sleeping survivor in your terror radius would cancel speed buff too.

It would help with map pressure but not chases, and forward requirement prevents moonwalking during sleep transition.

• Steve0333Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Class photo is pretty weak imo. It makes no sense to give up an easy chase unless you see a survivor right next to you who you can put into dream world while not losing sight of your other prey. It's not hard to wake up. Keeping multiple people in dream world is difficult if they know what they are doing. Two is the max you can juggle. Hang the one and then go chase the other before he has time to wake up.

The red paint brush is the ultimate Freddy add on. It reduces the dream transition by 2 points and tremendously reduces his terror radius. Basically you can't hide from him when you are in the dream world. Freddy can see you from anywhere. Lower ranks won't know what to do and even higher ranks will struggle against it. It's the ultimate in tunneling yes but the chases don't last long since the survivors are always easy to find.

• T0xicTylerT0xicTyler Member Posts: 502

That's jumping to conclusions. The question was simply if Class Photo should be base kit.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 1,134

in his base kit. but as a weak version

when a survivor is in dream transition. you see every other survivor in your terror radius or lullaby radius.

OR

when a survivor enters dream transition. the closest survivor who isn't in dream world aura is revealed to the killer

and make it a green perk. yeh.

• OrtiOrti Member Posts: 198

I love class photo but I think this addon is to strong in some ways to make it base kit, also in mind of the upcoming rework it wouldn.t make sence to think about hown to adress Freddy with his current kit in mind

• tgrabtgrab Member Posts: 70

opman

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,692

Hell no. That's one of his most powerful add ons

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

He is getting reworked, I think that discussing this is kind of pointless tbh.

• Fres0c0Fres0c0 Member Posts: 100

Yeah that be cool but they are completely changing him so it won't matter

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,677

It would be pretty interesting, although Freddy is getting a complete rework shortly so I'm not sure if it would be worthwhile to make it baseline at this point.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,592

@Peanits Is he though?...Is he?

/s

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,098
    edited May 2019

I think it would make him more viable, but keep in mind why people find Freddy annoying to begin with. I say this as someone who pretty much mains Freddy. Yes, it would make him a lot more viable, but also a lot less fun to play against because they'd constantly have to wake up or have an almost constant action speed debuff. Think the current Legion on steroids.

• MemeMeme Member Posts: 275

Red paintbrush his best add on? At least with class photo you can stall the game, Red paintbrush makes you slower LOL. He basically moves at the speed of Hag, he will get destroyed by pallets.

• MemeMeme Member Posts: 275

Yeah I know he is getting a full rework, just giving an idea. Can't wait for the rework to come out in 2020.

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

And then it ends up having 20 negatives for 1 positive like legion and plagues powers.

• Hex_FlexHex_Flex Member Posts: 132

Not class photo, but pill bottle