Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why does Noed still exist?

And don't give me the : "do totems" treatment.

Sometimes finding that last totem can be difficult, should i waste time looking for it instead of doing gens? No.

So why does Noed still exist, it's just a free kill or 2 ( sometimes even 3 or 4 when my team is bad ) for bad killers, it's a poorly designed perk. It's not fun to play against. It rewards bad gameplay. Noed needs to be changed, or removed, for the sake of this game. For the sake of the fun that people experience while playing this game. Or give survivors a perk that directly counters it, see how many whiny killers we are going to see then, like always. You nerfed DS, great, i completely agree with that decision. Now it's time to nerf or remove Noed. ( not buffing it like the last change to that perk. What's wrong with you guys?)

It's a bad perk for bad players, it shouldn't exist, it simply shouldn't. So why does it exist? That's my question.

Answers

• T0xicTylerT0xicTyler Member Posts: 502
    edited May 2019

I get that NOED can be frustrating for Survivors but it's a necessary evil. Cleansing totems is the only advice I can give and it won't always be foolproof.

@BloodyTapp The NOED change was a buff. Equalizing it across all tiers = not having to grind a bit more for the Exposed status which means more instadowns in the endgame. Not to say it was a bad change, but definitely a buff nonetheless.

• SlinkyJinkySlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

Because good perks that are NOT op need to be in the game:

Noed: is a good perk, better than most which is perfectly balanced and counterable despite what people say.

BBQC: Is a good perk, better than most which is perfectly balanced and counterable despite what people say.

MoM: Is a good perk, better than most which is perfectly balanced and counterable despite what people say.

DC: Was a good perk, better than most which was perfectly balanced and counterable despite what people said. (But it got nerfed, now Survivors are using far better perks that have slid under the radar to this day because they don't affect the Killer directly so it all worked out for the best)

If we start nerfing everything just because perks are good and actually work then we'll just end up with a perk inventory filled with boosted stuff like Head On that never works and nobody takes so it just ends up sitting in the blood web gathering dust.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Do totems next time.

• BroosmeisterBroosmeister Member Posts: 281

I play solo survivor a lot.

Nobody does totems, my team dies very quickly and i should just do totems? No, i want to get out. I finally get the last gen ( the killer chased me multiple times, sometimes he leaves me alone, sometimes he gets me, fair enough ) only to get instadowned due to some stupidly designed perk. Killers can use any perk they want, i don't mind any perk. Only Noed, because it shouldn't exist. I would happily trade a heavy nerf to both Adrenaline & MoM for the removal of Noed.

This way the ranks will be more balanced, and we won't have anymore killers in the purple or green ranks who don't belong there. They only pipped because of Noed, that's wrong. I can easily get to rank 1 using the easy mode perks, but i wouldn't belong there if Noed carries me there. I was a rank 1 killer before the major pipping system change and i never used Ruin or Noed, i just tried to play as good as possible. That's how i felt like i belong there. Instead of some whiny killer with Noed because they get "gen rushed" A.K.A. not protecting their gens and killing survivors good enough.

Just do the totems, what a joke. I run small game just so i can do totems. It's more about bad players going to higher ranks which compeltely defeats the purpose of a ranking system.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@Broosmeister So because players choose not to counter something and rightfully suffer its effects, it should be removed?

In that case, I want pallets to break after they've been dropped. I don't want to hit the space bar. Survivors should just adapt. Good survivors don't need to use pallets after they've been dropped.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

• BlazeNightashBlazeNightash Member Posts: 230
    edited May 2019

I personally hate a lot of perks that reward failure they tend to be very go to perks for most players and it’s honestly kinda bullshit I feel like perks that reward for failure should be very minor in what they do. Kinda annoying the perks that’s reward for failure are better than one s that’s reward for success

• mcNuggetsmcNuggets Member Posts: 767

So killers got basically gutted in the last year and you still demand nerfs?

How bad can a player be and how win hungry?

It's incredible.

Just play the game.

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,405

So i can use it on Legion

• KurisataruKurisataru Member Posts: 460

Run small game or use a map and make sure that your teammates can see what you see when you use the map.

Noed exists for killers who need crutches to win either cause their killer is kinda low tier, or they suck. The other reason could be that there are killers who just want to ensure all their games go by fast. I don't like or hate it personally, but it can be a party pooper sometimes on both sides for me.

• holywhitetrashholywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

every time i see someone comment on NOED rewarding failure it physically pains me.

NOED does not reward failure, it rewards a gamble, that gamble being "i bet these guys won't cleanse dull totems, because if they do then i just played this game down a perk"

survivors get the hatch which does not require a perk and until recently there was no counter to the hatch, the hatch was literally a reward for failing to do the gens

now like NOED the hatch can spawn and be removed immediately but unlike NOED it still doesn't take up a perk and closing it gives you ANOTHER CHANCE by powering the gates

• ChiChi Member Posts: 774

Because the devs feel like there is enough counterplay to it.

I personally think it is just to give some killers that are really bad at the game a hand up, so they can try and 4k somewhat consistently. Problem with that though, is that some killers go to ranks way above their skill level, making them rely on NOED (and Ruin, that combo is very popular among the boosted.) too much.

And also ya know... NOED makes camping really strong, on some maps it is impossible to find all the totems unless you are running a perk/map... totem spawns are continuously updated... yadda yadda.

• noneofyourbusinessnoneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532

As a killer i don't even run this perk bc i think there's many better perks, in most case this perk is useless, bc game is end too fast or survivor's destroy all totem, literaly no point to run this perk.

• FrozenscumFrozenscum Member Posts: 393
    edited May 2019

Killer can't be boosted by NOED, just to say.

If Killer is bad and has no map pressure, losing chases aside from NOED boost, and bad at tracking - he will end with bad Gatekeeper, Chaser and Malicious. NOED can help with kills, but it can't help with emblems which should be earned in most cases much before end game phase, and kills only never give you a +pip, safety at max.

P.S. To the person that downvoted my previous post in thread - it just proves points I've mentioned in it. (biased and entitled to escape)

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

I prefer 10 or more totems and a counter of the number of them not cleansed yet.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,398

Its balanced thats why, people just get mad when killers have it

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,869

Why does MoM exist.

You have such a hard time finding totems use small games it's not a hard concept if something is bugging you that much it's not going to kill you to abandon some of your meta perks to counter it.

No one escapes death is actually a pretty balanced perk.

As I've said multiple times if you still need a little bit of help I think they should buff small games and add a total counter to the perk like thrill of the hunt has.

It would still require you to actually use the perk but for those who are willing to use it it's a massive benefit.

• StrancolStrancol Member Posts: 158

Just cleanse the totems. LOL