Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

When will 4man SWF be addressed?

2»

Comments

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,418

Imagine people just wanting to play games with their friends and have fun...

It doesn't need to be addressed because the game balance s fine (below 50% even with 4 man groups).

• SmokePotionSmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

@Naiad

Yeah, que times in swf tend to be quick. When i'm in a 3 man it's near instant. But it only needs to find one poor soul for us to rush gens while they dangle on a hook.

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Why put an effort into putting down less than 5% of all players?

Why not put an effort into raising up 95% of the player base instead?

• ArrozArroz Member Posts: 1,433

When you stop whiny

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791
    edited May 2019

If it can be abused, it will be abused, and clearly they're aware of it as a possibility...it doesn't matter if the majority wouldn't care about the penalty; others would intentionally dodge queues until they got their friends.

• TheAngryPickleTheAngryPickle Member Posts: 73

SWF just want to play with their friends, ######### killer they are the bad guy anyway

• RoMainPuppyRoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

No.

• paint1210paint1210 Member Posts: 95

And the interesting part is, dev had just mentioned that they can't differentiate SWF and SOLO when the player asked for option to killer not accept 4 man SWF recently before the data sheet come out

• junkeviljunkevil Member Posts: 25

Since swf matchmaking works based on the average rank of those in a party, I'd imagine that average is significantly higher than 1 in most cases. Especially with the new pipping system.

Got a source for that one? Hadn't heard that.

• HeHeBoiiHeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

They just need to help aid killers against the SWF squads. Bloodpoints Compensation, SWF lobby indicator of how many SWF. Killers can better prep and have the expectation to know they will be on coms.

TO prevent the lobby doge "dilemma" They can buff the cooldown timer after the first few doges. Then the cooldown goes back down to its basic state after a period of time (minutes assuming)

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Then why not make a simple BP incentive for killers to be fine with dealing with the advantages of 4 swf then? and solve the problem entirely?

edited May 2019

When you stop being such a massive troll on the forum...I mean...at least be subtle.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Scal3r Killers also just want to enjoy the game. But against a 4 SWF group, they don't have a fair chance winning and that kills the fun.

If killers would receive reasonable buffs, they wouldn't be so hesitant to accept SWF lobbies.

• T0xicTylerT0xicTyler Member Posts: 502

Stop whining and improve yourself?

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 1,133
    edited May 2019

Survivor mains have ALWAYS adapted. Nice try though

edited May 2019

Never heard such a bold faced lye in all 3 years of dbd forums. Nice try though :)

Easy evidence, try telling a survivor main there are other ways to win other than looping and see what adapting they have done :P

All these threads about SWF need to be closed for real, because they're a waste of time. Nothing needs to be addressed because there isn't a problem.

The real issue here is that people seem to think 4 man SWF = game breaking/toxic

I know plenty of friends who all play and stream together and they're average at best. People act like every 4 man squad is running the best perks in the game, knows how to run inifinites, and are all try hards and that's simply not the case.

So y'll come here complaining and wondering why your so-called "issue" is not being addressed, but there is no issue to begin with and you have this false idea in your head that 4 man SWF are all unbeatable, toxic, game breaking teams in here to ruin your killer experience.

I've played against 4 man SWF before and killed them all. I've played against 4 man SWF and only ended up with one kill before. I've played against 4 man SWF and hooked everyone twice without tunneling and without running Ruin and let them go just because I wanted to be nice even though I could have killed them all (basically toyed with them).

Whatever the outcome of the game, as long as the other side wasn't being toxic, suck it up and move on.

People want to say it's no fun to not be able to catch and kill people (which says something about your skill, not SWF) but then turn around and say "oh yeah, but face camping is a strategy. we don't care if it's not fun for that person or any of the other people who have to either try to make a crazy save, or play m1 simulator on a gen". You not having fun as a killer is dependent only on you. The survivor not having fun in a match is totally dependent on the killer. But yall don't see a problem with that *sips tea*

• SythalinSythalin Member Posts: 280

If by "adapted" you mean "review bomb the game until they get what they want", then yes you are correct.

edited May 2019

oh wow...it's almost like your saying swf is'nt a problem but the killer killing you and ruining your fun as survivor is, how easy to say in one sentence~

Not really the truth but pretty close, in reality, the issue with swf is becuz of those groups you mention most people theink they are, these devs literally have an an easy way to fix the entire issue by simply...giving bp bonus to killers when against an swf or doing anything any other online game in existence has done to balance things against outside voice comms just in gameplay alone but nah, folks like you post, "there is no issue" when there very clearly is.

And one of those problems IS the toxicity.

WE got 3 years to prove this but the survivors mains say no.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 1,133
    edited May 2019

someone: *responds with something true that alex disagree with*

AlexAnarchy: LIAR!!!111!!

before you whine. limme tell u something before you get to your maximum whine level.

one from the recent adapts.

killers complained about how healing is going really fast and how self care is in every game. so developers listened and nerfed the whole healing and buffed perks like sloppy butcher and made it buy a lot of time for the killer by making survivors take a lot of time healing. then survivors adapted to these changes and created the non-heal meta. by staying injured most of the game and waiting for adrenaline.

and also. survivors' mission is basically getting enough time to repair all 5 gens and open an exit gate and escape. it's all about time. same goes to killer. most of the perks in the game for example we'll make it. saves a lot of time by healing the survivor in double speed after unhooking. and for buying time. perks like diversion are used to distract the killer and make him waste time searching for survivors in a specific area. looping. or playing stealthy can buy a lot of time for survivors. by playing stealthy the killer will be wasting a lot of time searching for the survivor. and by looping you're buying a lot of time because the killer will have to spend time trying to catch the survivor. stealth may be sometimes risky in dead zones. because if the killer found you. he'll get a free hit. if he was a killer that can down survivors quickly like huntress or just insta down like billy or leatherface. it will be a free down for the killer without having to catch the survivor.

" Nice try thought :) "

LOL let's try reading next time. I did not say that a killer killing me ruins my fun. I said that some killers are complaining about their fun being ruined by going up against a SWF team, but will then turn around and face camp someone for 3 minutes until they die as which is not only boring for the person on the hook, but for the rest of the team as well. You can't complain about not having fun, and then do things that take the fun out of the game at the same time.

And I don't think a bloodpoint boost would mean anything to killer mains anyway. Killers already come out of the match with double or triple the amount of bloodpoints as the best survivor on the team (and that's not counting the bonus from Thrill of the Hunt, BBQ, or any offerings).

And as I've said in other threads, although I know the statistics are not set in stone indicators, on average a 4 man SWF team has a 49% survival rate. Of course some teams to better and some worse, which is why 49% is an average. So an argument could be made that SWF in practice, actually brings balance to the game. (2 live, 2 die). But we don't want to talk about that because that's a hard pill to swallow

• MystiKasTMystiKasT Member Posts: 289

Bond

"I see you, on my way."

Breakdown

"Killer is heading back to your hook."

Buckle Up

"My recovery is maxed, come heal back up."

Dark Sense

"Killer is heading towards X."

Deja Vu

"There's a gen over by the water tower."

Detective's Hunch

"The gen/chest/totem is near the exit door."

Distortion

"Pretty sure killer has BBQ, hide behind gens."

Empathy

"You're close to me, come over here so I can heal you."

"You're heading towards our gen, lead the killer the other way."

Kindred

"Killer is camping/proxy camping."

Object of Obsession

"I see the killer over there towards me at the digger."

Open Handed

VoIP = global distance

Plunderer's Instinct

"There's an unopened chest on the top floor."

Premonition

"Killer is heading towards your gen."

"Stop healing, killer is coming."

Small Game

"Found the totem, it's upstairs in the Myer's house."

Spine Chill

"Stop healing, killer is coming."

"Killer is heading this way."

Wake Up!

"Exit Gate is behind the house."

"I'm heading for the gate with killer chasing, cover me!"

Windows of Opportunity

"There's no more pallets on the main street."

VOIP COUNTERS KILLER PERK:

A Nurse's Calling

"Killer came straight to me while healing, must have Nurse's."

Barbecue & Chili

"Killer heading straight for the furthest gen where you're at."

"Getting hooked, hide behind the gens."

Beast of Prey

"Killer is still chasing you."

Dark Devotion

"Careful, terror radius is on me at the moment so they probably don't have one."

Hex: Any

"Found the totem, it's by the killer shack. Getting chased away from it right now."

Insidious

"Killer is hiding/camping near my hook with no terror radius."

Knock Out

"I've managed to crawl away and currently by the exit gate."

Make Your Choice

"Just got MYC, careful when unhooking the rest of the game."

Monitor & Abuse

"Heartbeat just suddenly got louder, careful trying to juke since they have M&A."

Play With Your Food

"Killer is hitting me (the obsession) and leaving. Watch for PWYF speed buff."

Rancor

"I'm the obsession with no obsession perks, and I seem low priority on chases. Killer may have Rancor."

Territorial Imperative

"Went to basement for the chest, killer came straight downstairs and started searching lockers. Probably Territorial."

Tinkerer's

"Killer suddenly has no terror radius.", "My gen is almost done.", "Then they must have Tinkerer's."

Whispers

"Killer keeps patrolling the area I'm in, pretty sure they're using Whispers."

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Add "Stridor" to the list. "I can hear my character moaning despite having Iron Will".

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 942

Shhh I already had 3 threads about these issues and they don't care.

They don't want to make these perks base, even doe the majority is using them.

Survivors don't want to admit it and killers not realizing what a power voice offers.

That's exactly why some consider voice a cheat.