Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

There's no problem with tunneling. Change my mind

2»

Comments

• PunLPunL Member Posts: 136
    edited May 2019

@Orion

Your examples with chess, football and poker dont campare to DBD, the former are perfectly symmetrical games and DBD is asymmetrical. And yeah my Tour de France example was badly choosen as well^^

And i say it is scummy because the individual player has barely a counter to beeing tunneled. His team can help a little bit, but only if they are well coordinated. It just completly ruins the game for the person.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@PunL Regardless of the example, the point remains the same: taking advantage of weak opponents is just playing smart.

That's how it should be in an asymmetrical game. Individual players should find it impossible to stop the power role from doing something; it should require all of them together. And like I said, if you don't play to win, you have to accept the losses.

• CronaWinsCronaWins Member Posts: 650

Tunnelling is fine. If you have ever been in a 3 man, you should know how much of an advantage the killer gets with one less player.

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited May 2019

I don't have any need to convince someone who ca'nt tell that camping is still an allowed form of gameplay or not cuz it does'nt matter what your special rules are fella, it's the devs rules that matter as this is ther game, not yours.

as for getting these ranks with certain killers through what you call scummy playstyles, how about I remind you once again that the devs still consider looping as an unitended gameplay for survivors so in other words, does that not make any survivor who uses looping too rank 1 scummy? Please say no it does'nt cuz that would be some fine hypocrasy for you to call camping and tunneling scummy play when they are okay by the devs.

Until your a dev, your special made up rules of what is scummy play and is'nt don't matter worth spit~

as for the last point, yes, the goal is for everyone to have fun but here you are, declaring a viable and allowed form of gameplay for one side is scummy play, so just like most survivors, it comes clear you have a belief of survivors should have fun and ######### killers who have to kill certain ways to be viable aka fun in most cases.~

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited May 2019

Oh lord..there he goes like as they always do, using "This ruins the game for that person" excuse...get off with that victim card play...

We get it, anything that's against the survivors specially made rules that kills them - is ruining the game for them.

Btw the point Orion made...is still the same.. even animals irl go after the weakest of the herd, only thing that seperates this from dbd is the prey of the predator beast is'nt whining about it ruining ther game afterwords.

• BithardBithard Member Posts: 406

Tunneling is a legit strategy and really efficient. It's ######### for the person being tunneled but you can run them around for a while if you can get to a loop.