Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

RIP Basement

RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 1,637

Now, the whole map can be a circus zone 3:

Didn't think the devs would be able to buff DS and BT yet again, but boom!

Comments

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 1,637

There's never a need to be rude, good sir!

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,469

I know right? Some people can't stand not being able to "WHHEEEEEE!" out of the Killer's lair because someone held M1 on them.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,544

@twistedmonkey I for one have not held people in the basement unless I was doing so as a meme when playing the Wraith.

That being said, I guess you don't know what holding the game hostage means. When a killer does it, it means that they kept a survivor pinned in one location until said unfortunate soul dced. With the EGC, it meant after 2 mere minutes, they would die and thus a new game could begin. So it wasn't holding the game hostage when there was a clear way for it to end. (Only the killer can legitimately hold a game hostage)

And before you say it, yes I know survivors couldn't technically hold a game hostage before this patch, as the killer could simply hit them, but that is not what we are talking about here. (I only bring that up cause most other people would.)

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member Posts: 1,702
    edited May 7

Of course I know what it means, I have posted plenty times on it when people asked if this bannable when the others were free to so gens.

Survivors trolled at the end so the egc was needed to get them out and stop bullying lower skilled players.

Now if the killer can hold two people down there with the egc it does create a new definition of holding them hostage as it's an easy 2 kills if anyone goes for the save, it may not be like before but it's also a mechanic which anyone with a sense of balance can see is a good change.

Do you honestly think it's right that if someone is hooked down there with the egc a killer should get thise two free kills due to being able to block them in?

Anyone that thinks the change is a problem says to me they want to keep mechanics which grant them things without having to actually play, this statement goes for both sides as some survivors think the same way with DS and MoM.

I hate the fact they fixed the nurse blink for example and posted my thoughts about them leaving using a power to hit not activate MoM to balance it more.

• nancyt1428nancyt1428 Member Posts: 48

When I run a SWF -- I always find out where the basement is FIRST to let the bait players know to avoid that spot.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 1,603

If you get shoved into a basement during endgame, there is not much point in being saved cause the regular player will see it as suicide, the altruistic Borrowed Time Survivor with Hope will be your last hope, from both sides, closing the hatch is nice but it allows for Survivors to wait at exit gates or hatch to be more meta, since hatch spawns as soon as one Survivor left, not even a single gen done, and a Survivor gets rewarded for being part in a potato team or waiting for everyone to die. Close the hatch you say? Oh yeah, they get to escape without doing a single thing to reward themselves for it.

what I do love though is a perma EW3 Myers with Tombstone stopping at the top of the stairs, if any Survivors run up the stairs, it's suicide.

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 557

Bodyblocking the basement stairs is one of the better techs to seperate good and bad killers. It had to be taken away ofc. It cant be fixed strictly to prevent holding hostage. It had to be a general killernerf. Ofc

• DwikeyMain84DwikeyMain84 Member Posts: 79

okay but a nurse can use her power to blink and hit someone and down them with NOED correct? so shouldn't the same thing be with MoM? every other killer has to use their base attack to down someone with NOED example Huntress's Hatchets down down you in one hit with NOED she has to hit you with her axe to get you with NOED, So if you think the nurse blinking and hitting shouldn't count towards MoM based on your logic then the same should be with NOED, exactly the same principle power vs base attack.

• BithardBithard Member Posts: 374

You can still tunnel the unhooked person. Just prevents holding people there for the 2 minutes.

• friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,157

so much hate we cant we all just be freinds :(

Not really as noed is a different perk all together, it has another purpose and can be removed before it happens and also you have to hit them still.

The problem with MoM is it works on the majority of killer for just hitting a survivor with no counter play.

The exact same reason people complained about legion having free hits is akin to a survivor can getting a free heal state with a boost.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 2,323

Imagine thinking standing in place makes you a good killer 😂

The basement is not used to take survivors hostage. I would bet that falls under 0,1% of its uses.

EGC is just a killernerf.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,178

It is not a Killernerf. It is something many Killers wanted.

But it seems like some people expected free Kills with the new Endgame.

Imagine bodyblocking is advanced tech to prepare oneshots, cut off dodge routes and let BT run out. Here come the survivor mains who dont even know how to use bodyblocking

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

wait, what got changed about basements?

Show me ONE killer who wanted the basement nerfed. Pls

It could have been fixed without touching the base game, but if you can stick a killernerf on it, even better.

How is EGC a killer nerf? It gives you control in a hatch situation that killers have wanted for so long.

The basement and the Pig got nerfed. The EGC does nothing unless survivors want to take the game hostage.

@AlexAnarchy

From the patch notes.

• Reworked the character collision in the basement stairs to prevent hostage situations.

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited May 7

Oh let me guess...even more killer nerfs from patch 2.7.0

Who wants too bet this ruins the whole wait out BT timers strats?

Who wants to bet the basement is now a safe place for survivors now as well?

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,238
    edited May 7

My question is... did they adjust both killer and survivor or did they just adjust one side...

I feel this is a nerf to the killer but at the same time it's something that should be taken away (body blocking the stairs that is) because it may not happen often taking the game hostage which would now be waiting for the end game to kill the survivor (which would be even rarer... I mean think about it the killer either A has to have someone hooked in the basement or just stumble upon someone looking through the chest) but its still possible to do... now they should do the same for the gen rush! Since 2-4 min games may not happen often... its still possible! Therefore should be fixed!

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,178
    edited May 7

You talked about the EGC. It is 100% logical that things get rebalanced around this.

You can cry about it and play the game anyway or simply play and skip the crying part.

Pig nerfs were BS tbf, went to far but the EGC was created for that exact reason. You wanted survivors to stop taking the game hostage and now you can stop it.