Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Give Survivors a very slight sense of hope with a hatch.

2»

Comments

• knellknell Member Posts: 565

I do think that there is a possibility that the End Game Collapse are eventually going to be changed. I think it's going to depend on the percentage of Escapes through the Gate on all 1vs1 situations (after the hatch has been closed). After few months of collecting data, if the developers find that the number is extremely small, then my guess is that they are going to modify the concept again. After all, isn't that the reason why the original 'hatch-closing' idea never became implemented after the PTB?

I think the timer works well, in that it forces the survivor to take action, but I'm not really a fan of the 'closing-the-hatch' mechanism. I much rather have all killers gain the ability to Tombstone Myer Mori (instant grab kill) once the End Game Collapse activates. This would eliminate any hatch standoffs, and also would give survivors slightly more chance by having another escape route. I feel like this would also create more mindgame potential, instead of just having the killer patrol the two gates until 1. survivor is found or 2. the timer ends.

That said, I haven't yet been on either end of the current End Game Collapse, so this is all conjecture - the current End Game Collapse may be totally fine.

Just out of curiosity, are there any killers who felt that the EGC was unfair in their match? As in, feeling totally helpless because the gates were too far apart to do anything about it?

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,894

The system we have currently already feels that even if you got destroyed as a survivor team and completed no generators

You still have a chance to escape through Hatch if Hatch gets closed you still have a chance to escape through one of two exit gates.

You are given three chances after a loss with the final two getting more progressively harder

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,583

The number should be extremely small. The gate shouldn't be an easy escape if you've lost the entire game thus far. If a large number of 1v1 survivors are getting out through the gate, THAT'S a problem.

• ShaderzShaderz Member Posts: 42

Just no. The hatch shouldn't even exist. It's just a stupid way of giving survivors more and more chances of escaping as if the current ones aren't already enough.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,284
    edited May 2019

The egc has only just been patched into the game it will take time to get the stats to stabilise, it is way to early to think about changes.

This new mechanic was designed to be a 50/50 for both sides and if the stats over the next few months are tilted to one side they probably will look at making an adjustment.

@ClogWench

The number should be extremely small. The gate shouldn't be an easy escape if you've lost the entire game thus far. If a large number of 1v1 survivors are getting out through the gate, THAT'S a problem.

You don't need to convince me. You should try to convince that to the developers who pulled back from implementing the initial 'hatch-closing' mechanism in the PTB for that exact reason.

@knell the original hatch closing mechanism was pulled because it wasn't paired with the EGC so it resulted in hostage situations where the survivor would just hide for a very very long time. It had absolutely nothing to do with escape rates.

@ClogWench

You may be right and I may just be confusing things. No problem then.

Haha it's cool. I don't remember how clear they were on it at the time but that was the reason they ditched it for a while