Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Toxicness of End-game Collapse.

Comments

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,421

I’d hope if it’s down to 2 assuming u got 3 gens done u would be looking for the hatch

that said se05239 I feel ya I’ve had my fair share even got a infinite 3 Myers 5 gens left.

he hid for 3 hours before he dc cause he didnt want me to catch him working on a gen.

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

Fair payback if you ask me

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

The roles has changed.

• EasylifeEasylife Member Posts: 163
    edited May 2019

:)

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 3,043

Honestly it's not so bad. Survivors had their turn for 2 years and now that killers can do this I find it funny survivors start to complain about it when it was only out for 2 days. XD

• MissJulietteMissJuliette Member Posts: 13

True, it is only for 4 minutes max if they close that hatch and the gates aren't open yet.

However, it is not easy to get out by opening the gates if you're the last one left. It's pretty difficult.

It's definitely easier for killer these days.

I play both killer and survivor, and I do like the end game collapse as killer mostly.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,446

@MissJuliette

That is not the point. Of course it is easier for Killers with the new EGC, they are more likely to find the Hatch before the Survivor.

But when it comes to EGC, there is that one thing that defines the game too much anway: RNG. Where is the Hatch? How far away from Hatch/other Exit are the Exit Gates? This basically defines the chances for the Survivor.

And well, sadly RNG does already so much in this game.

• KnucklesKnuckles Member Posts: 218

It's getting to the point survivors have to realize they aren't supposed to get out alive, so grab as many points as you can before the game itself kills you. Just another way to tip the scales in the killers favor....it does look cool though.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Ok don't blame that on endgame when they could very easily have just happened in any other match.

For the love of God will people stop using endgame as they're scapegoat for not having the best match

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but in those situations the killer would have downed you anyway.

Right now people just want to see how the entity kill thing works it's a new toy.

Give it about a week and Killers won't give a crap anymore

The killer cannot pull you out of the hatch so no it doesn't.

If you have a key you could let you jump in at any time even if the killers are right behind you

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

Make the concede button happen, that'll make the problem more bearable.

• NickNick Member Posts: 897
    edited May 2019

Escaping as the last survivor should be very uncommon. Your team did bad, in a team game.

• TheVVitchTheVVitch Member Posts: 224

Cypress Mori should be baseline and give sacrifice points for this reason. Encourage killers to end it quickly instead of waiting out the clock.

The entity should only come into play if the killer can't find or is in a long chase with the last survivor when the hatch has been closed.

• Cassandra_AlexandraCassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 253

I had this happen to me 6 out of 10 matches last night. It was getting ridiculous. So that ended up being 12-24 minutes wasted. I hope after enough times passes, this becomes more rare.

• FrauZockinskyFrauZockinsky Member Posts: 58

Yes, there are survivors that tea bag at the exit gates. But you can just chase them out as killer, it's a matter of seconds. Personally, I leave when there is nothing else to do, never saw the point of waiting around at the gates. Also never did hatch stand offs. Because I'm playing games to have fun, not to get bored to death. And I'm fine with having lost, when the killer closes the hatch. But please give me an option to suicide after that when I'm down or something. Because I havent managed to open an exit gate in that situation once so far. But I have been downed and held hostage until the end of the ecg plenty of times. And I also don't believe that this is something that will end. it's ######### behavior and a boring waste of time.

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited May 2019

There is no difference. If someone wantd to slug you till you die they can do it and end game collapse has nothing to do with it. Do you really think this didnt happen before?

If you ######### up you are on killers mercy, exactly as it should be.

of course there is a difference. at the very least there is a huge difference in frequency. killers would sometimes slug survs to death before (and I've always hated that aswell, but I could live with it bc at least it was relatively rare). now its happening all the time. and there is no "as it should be" about it. when i lose fine, but let me out of the game.

• CallMeSpideyCallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

How does it feel being afraid of the killer near exit gates now?

No more t-bagging survivors at the hatch, get used to it.

Killers have had to deal with these standsoffs for ages now. Survivors got too comfortable with the safety of the Hatch.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@SlinkyJinky ok so what does ANY of that have to do with the EGC?

Using NOED, downing a survivor and then facecamping them is something that could be done long before EGC was a thing. The only difference now is that Survivors are less likely to kill themselves going for a save leaving that Killer with a 1k.

Any strategy that leads to a 75% escape rate can't be that bad for the Survivors right?

The thing is, I haven't seen a big difference so far if the survs win. No one is afraid and 12 year old survs are still tea bagging at the exit gates. Because tea bagging doesn't take 2 minutes. ecg is anti hatch standoff only. and those have always been both players fault. Surv won't jump until killer hits and killer won't hit until surv jumps.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@FrauZockinsky I actually have seen a difference, although it's a small one.

When a Survivor opens the gate, sometimes I'll (as the Killer) be able to keep the other Survivors away from it in order to run out the timer.

It doesn't come up very often, but sometimes it matters.

@NuclearBurrito I haven't played a lot of killer in the past week but I have seen a few interesting situations in streams, thats true. I have nothing against the ecg as such, it can add an interesting element for both killer and survivor.

But they need to address the situations were the killer basically holds the survivor hostage during the whole ecg when they could just easily hook them and end the game. At least if it keeps happening anywhere near as frequently as it does now. If the other player was doing a hatch standoff at least I could concede the game by jumping into the hatch or hitting the surv.

I also think, that the killer deserves to win if the survs don't manage to finish the objective. Still, I feel like the scale is tipped a little too far in favor of the killers right now. In my experience it's next to impossible to get out as the last surv. But maybe other players fair better and the statistics prove me wrong. Who knows. It just feels like it would be better right now if they just skipped the endgame timer and killed me instantly when the killer closes the hatch because its pointless anyway.

• lasombra1979lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@NuclearBurrito I have seen a bit of a difference. For the most part, survivors have been leaving a bit quicker than before.

I also seen a bit of creativity on the killer side. Played a game as survivor, EGC was started. I had the daily where I needed to leave with new item, so being an idiot, I went to basement. Killer slugged me, waited until about 20 or so seconds left on timer, then hooked me for my last hook. Keep in mind the other three survivors were teabagging at the gate. Bam, Blood Warden. 4K.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Why do you think the scale is tipped too far in the killers' favor? The killer did their job, killed 3 survivors and got to the hatch before the fourth one, while the survivors failed every step of the way, ending in a 1v1. Is the scale not simply the natural result of the trial?

This discussion has been closed.