The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
This section is used to report issues on PC specifically.

*** Please use the search box in upper right to see if your bug has already been reported first! ***

If this is an issue that occurs on all platforms, please post your report in the most fitting category instead.

When reporting a bug, please use the following template:

Description of the issue:
Steps to reproduce (if possible):
How often does this occur:

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

Are you guys ever going to fix the exploit where Survivors can crash the game with a flashlight?

Hillbilly420Hillbilly420 Member Posts: 844

It's a simple exploit. They use a macro to rapidly click the flashlight so quickly that the game will crash.

It's been in the game forever so I know you're aware of it. The question is if you'll do anything about it. I don't think it would be that hard to code the flashlight so they can't rapidly click on it. @not_Queen

Any developer: please acknowledge that this exploit exists.

«1

Comments

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    I dont understand why clicking the flashlight is in the game anyway. It has no actual purpose, its just a toxic thing

  • MrCookieMrCookie Member Posts: 7

    It's been reported many times and they just keep ignoring it or at least I haven't seen any comment from them on that.
    It's just gamebreaking.

  • daggersnightdaggersnight Member Posts: 19

    Had a game yesterday where a survivor crashed the match by using the flashlight macro. Its very annoying because you lose all your offerings and is just a massive waste of time.

  • DarktronikDarktronik Member Posts: 87
    edited July 2018

    @MrCookie said:
    It's been reported many times and they just keep ignoring it or at least I haven't seen any comment from them on that.
    It's just gamebreaking.

    So we keep bumping this thread until they see it and answer us.

    It has just happened to me in a match.

  • FluffyFluffy Member Posts: 48

    Happened to me today... :'(
    Here is what it looks like.

  • MrCookieMrCookie Member Posts: 7

    Well, I PMed her, let's see what happens.

  • BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,222

    @Fluffy said:
    Happened to me today... :'(
    Here is what it looks like.

    i've heard that the macro doesn't cause you to lose your points though

  • MrCookieMrCookie Member Posts: 7

    That's not the issue. The mere ability to force everyone out of the game is a very big problem. He could have earned more points if the match went on. And btw if you haven't pipped by the time you got disconnected then you may derank.

  • Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

    Killers have the ability to do this but on steroids for PS4. Since release it hasn’t been fixed. Requires no tools either, and causes mass loss of progress. Only one easy step anyone can do in 5 seconds.

  • Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

    @Hillbilly420 said:

    @Brady said:

    @Fluffy said:
    Happened to me today... :'(
    Here is what it looks like.

    i've heard that the macro doesn't cause you to lose your points though

    So, an exploit where assholes can crash your game is okay because you get the minimum BP you are allotted? You think that. Okay then.

    At least you don’t LOSE stuff you already had, like when the killer rage quits on PS4. Its sad how it’s the ultimate panic button. Also conceales the identity of the killer too. It’s disgustingly perfect

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @Jack11803 said:

    @Hillbilly420 said:

    @Brady said:

    @Fluffy said:
    Happened to me today... :'(
    Here is what it looks like.

    i've heard that the macro doesn't cause you to lose your points though

    So, an exploit where assholes can crash your game is okay because you get the minimum BP you are allotted? You think that. Okay then.

    At least you don’t LOSE stuff you already had, like when the killer rage quits on PS4. Its sad how it’s the ultimate panic button. Also conceales the identity of the killer too. It’s disgustingly perfect

    Killers can do the same on pc, it's called lag switching, the good ones do it during last seconds of lobby to crash someone out then spam it non stop during the game. They either get the person or force them to dc quickly.

    No ban waves have happened and there's plenty of perps out there.

  • jmytchjmytch Member Posts: 20

    I had that earlier today when playing as killer, was so extremely pissed.

    I've reported that flashlight guy but I dont think devs really care anymore with the reports as it is badly abused by us all.

  • Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

    @powerbats said:

    @Jack11803 said:

    @Hillbilly420 said:

    @Brady said:

    @Fluffy said:
    Happened to me today... :'(
    Here is what it looks like.

    i've heard that the macro doesn't cause you to lose your points though

    So, an exploit where assholes can crash your game is okay because you get the minimum BP you are allotted? You think that. Okay then.

    At least you don’t LOSE stuff you already had, like when the killer rage quits on PS4. Its sad how it’s the ultimate panic button. Also conceales the identity of the killer too. It’s disgustingly perfect

    Killers can do the same on pc, it's called lag switching, the good ones do it during last seconds of lobby to crash someone out then spam it non stop during the game. They either get the person or force them to dc quickly.

    No ban waves have happened and there's plenty of perps out there.

    Lag switches wipe progress? No compensation for DC either? Even if, at least lag switches aren’t in the hands of EVERY KILLER. Anyone on PS4 can do it, no tools, just 3 button presses

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @Jack11803 said:

    Lag switches wipe progress? No compensation for DC either? Even if, at least lag switches aren’t in the hands of EVERY KILLER. Anyone on PS4 can do it, no tools, just 3 button presses

    I totally agree they need to do something about it and Sony needs to get it's crap together on their end as well since they can obviously monitor it. Xbox seems to have no issue cracking down on the jerks it seems compared to Sony.

  • RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

    @Hillbilly420 said:
    It's a simple exploit. They use a macro to rapidly click the flashlight so quickly that the game will crash.

    It's been in the game forever so I know you're aware of it. The question is if you'll do anything about it. I don't think it would be that hard to code the flashlight so they can't rapidly click on it. @not_Queen

    Any developer: please acknowledge that this exploit exists.

    You do not understand something.

    Survivors should be able to end the game, when they feel the killer is unfair (killing them, chasing, being on the map), and they got their asses spanked.

    THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO CRASH KILLER'S GAME, THEY PAID FOR THE GAME AND THEY DEMAND IT

    As we all know, killers are playing this game for free and his job is to entertain survivors.

  • RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

    @Fluffy said:
    Happened to me today... :'(
    Here is what it looks like.

    Inb4 you got banned, becaue "naming and shaming" poor survivors is not allowed.

  • RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

    @Hillbilly420 said:

    @RSB said:

    @Fluffy said:
    Happened to me today... :'(
    Here is what it looks like.

    Inb4 you got banned, becaue "naming and shaming" poor survivors is not allowed.

    Last I checked this isn't the Reddit.

    Reddit?

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    This forum still has the "no name and shame" rule. Maybe you should read the rules before continuing to post.

  • BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,222

    @Hillbilly420 said:

    @Brady said:

    @Fluffy said:
    Happened to me today... :'(
    Here is what it looks like.

    i've heard that the macro doesn't cause you to lose your points though

    So, an exploit where assholes can crash your game is okay because you get the minimum BP you are allotted? You think that. Okay then.

    No of course not, I'm just saying all the players in that vid lost points, I thought I was wrong or something

  • PatBrutalPatBrutal Dev, Community Manager Posts: 415
    edited July 2018

    @Hillbilly420 and everyone !

    We've sent the post to a programmer to take a look at it. For now we don't have much info that we can give you.
    but we will keep you updated.

    Thanks,
    Patricia

  • PatBrutalPatBrutal Dev, Community Manager Posts: 415
    edited July 2018

    @Hillbilly420 Also question for you guys, i'm not really familiar with this kind of software that makes your mouse click super fast, can you give me some information about this ? Would help a lot.

    Thanks ! :)

  • Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

    @Patricia said:
    @Hillbilly420 Also question for you guys, i'm not really familiar with this kind of software that makes your mouse click super fast, can you give me some information about this ? Would help a lot.

    Thanks ! :)

    Well for console, they could just you autofire. So I guess BOTH sides get a free cheese card. Just the survivor one costs about 40-80 dollars

Sign In or Register to comment.