Home Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PC
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

We're Gonna Live Forever doesn't give stacks with flashlight saves anymore

White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,106

I suppose it's because of the last change requiring safe unhooks, and maybe it wasn't even intended, but I think it was a cool addition. Both WGLF and flashlights are in a wierd position of being good but very hard to pull off and this synergy made both more rewarding.

Comments

• Luigifan64Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,053

That's so dumb they need to add MORE ways to get stacks (like fully healing a survivor) but instead they removed ways? WTF

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Yea, pallet saves, flashlight saves should give you stacks. Being hit by a killer while he's carrying used to give you stacks too, and these seem to randomly register or not. I wonder if it's intended... hope it's not, and going to be fixed.

• FigasFigas Member Posts: 59

I remember hearing that freeing someone from bear traps also used to give you stacks, I cant verify it for myself but It made sense at least, probably doesnt work either now.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,106

Yes that worked too, don't know if it changed by I have a feeling it did.

edited May 2019

Update: I just tested it and it doesn't give stacks by getting hit by a killer carrying a survivor anymore

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,327

That's because it was never supposed to it was just going off on random actions outside of what it was supposed to be for. The perk is meant to only give tokens for unhooks and bodyblocks(Protection Scoring Event). You weren't supposed to get stacks while someone was being carried as you weren't taking a hit for them. You were just getting.

The game for all its bugs does a semi decent job knowing the difference between actions in the broad sense. Seems like with the recent change to safe unhooks they sorted out the mess of code that was letting it proc on unnecessary things.

Yeah I kinda figured that out, but since the perk was born to push brave/risky actions for a reward it's a pity it got nerfed this way (because the result is indeed a nerf), especially considering one the two remaining ways to get stacks is buggy af and the perk has no utility whatsoever, unlike the killer's counterpart.

Besides, a save is a save, being from the hook or the killer's grasp.