We are aware of a current issue going around affecting most forum users. Affected users received this message upon log in: "You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password."

We are currently investigating this incident.
The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Question for the Devs concerning licensing of non-humanoid killers (Xenomorph/Android from Alien)

13»

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 4,040

None of that explains WHY the Entity would bring an alien into its realm, though.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,282

you dont really understand have you read the lores and listen the devs said along time ago someone mentioned if alien will be in this game they simple answer its no the thing its this game its killers that were humans and became killers and they have theyre own lore of how they enter in the realm for alien its different story how a alien can be in a game of slash horror game but go on "DEFEND" the alien since he wont be in the game would just destroy the lore of this game

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,242

I personally think they make the lore up as they go, because it's easy to add another piece to it. It's not a very deep lore and if you're saying the dbd lore cannot fit with Alien then you're wrong because it can easily.

I don't see why everyone seems so threatened by the suggestion of a licensed killer cropping up.

The entity might have grown so it might want to make its own killer creature perfect organism whatever you want to call it.

Think of it like supply and demand. The entity needs a way to maintain and grow by sacrificing survivors.

The entity breeds Xenomorphs. The Xenomorphs see the entity as it's creator and obeys it.

Breeding Xenomorphs is the entitys way of being able to keep up with killing enough survivors to grow and grow.

There are an infinite supply of Xenomorphs but a limited amount of other killers the entity could corrupt or whatever. It would be a smart move by the entity.

edited May 9

Why would it want to grow its own Killer when it can just keep getting Killers from Earth or getting Survivors that, according to the lore, will eventually become Killers themselves?

You honestly think the supply of Killers across history is an issue for the Entity?

There's a difference between adding to the lore and contradicting/retconning it.

The entity created a perfect organism that can kill more effectively than...a legion and weak killers like that. Also lore wouldn't be lore if it didn't make sense. Alien would make sense. I'm not explaining why again.

It does not make sense, though. Entity already molds the people it brings in into suitable Killers. Why does it need to bring in an animal who won't be able to feed it negative emotions on account of it just being an instinctive animal?

• Adonisadon234Adonisadon234 Member Posts: 147

idea: make a map especially for a xenomorph. And i mean, the only map that would play if the killer was alien would be some sort of spaceship or station. And instead of hooks, survivors can be trapped in cobwebs or something.

• Daniel101773Daniel101773 Member Posts: 200

Well to be fair the devs also said they’d never make a clown killer but guess what’s happened?

• ItsYourBoyGuzmaItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 799

I dont think it's that people are threatened, to me it seems like if alien were to be added it would need a lot of work and a lot of love to get it right.

To me DBD just isnt the kind of game to serve it justice.

DBD is about the chase where as in the movies it's constant tension and you dont know when or who's gonna die. That's why the AvP game worked , when you played as marines you had a tracker that picked up predators and aliens but it was up to you to survive with whatever you had on hand for however long.

Now another thing~ think of an intense chase as the alien is about to murder you but OH NO the mighty pallet just magically stops it! See? It just kills the whole tone of Alien because an alien wouldve whipped around or crawled over it into a pounce.

On top of that you have to incorporate some form of sci-fi feel with the map/tone/music/characters. Think of it like this you wouldnt have an alien hunting down some low poly minecraft cometic skinned dwight on some destroyed planet that the alien lives on PLUS random futuristic Weyland-Yutani generators for the survivors to work on. Theres just too much going on with the idea and one sides lore/gameplay would just ruin the othersides.

It's like the old saying "too many cooks in the kitchen"

"It's like the old saying 'too many cooks in the kitchen'"

Next Killer confirmed to be the murderer from "Too Many Cooks"

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,169

You lost me at "Baby Xenomorph", They don't exist, if you mean a chestburster it wouldn't work with how "useless" they are, and if you mean once it becomes a drone, they are already at full strength.

If you use the recent movies for decent Alien lore, you are on for a ride because they are absolute garbage and nonsensical.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Really, if a Xenomorph killer was introduced, what could come next? A nazgul? A vogon? A sandworm? Those of you who campaign for Alien: sorry, but it's sooooooo off. I don't even care about the lore that much, but there is a pattern: killers come from the real world, they're not mystical, not sci fi, nothing of the sort. Putting Alien in the game would make as much sense as putting an Alien in Breaking Bad.

And let us not forget, it would be horrible gameplaywise too. Either it's a true alien, then it would have to be OP, or it could be a balanced killer, but then it would not be Alien. Imagine four random guys armed with flashlights and toolboxes only in a closed area... no way they could escape a Xenomorph.

• RWoodrowRWoodrow Member Posts: 237

I have a feeling that Alien and Predator have 0 chance of being added now due to the Predator game announced on Thursday. It is an asymmetrical, online only game being programmed by Illfonic (which means it's probably gonna be garbage but...).

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

You do realize that by giving those examples, you're actually arguing for setting this precedent by introducing a Xenomorph, right?

@Orion Definitely not my intention. Not sure why you think that, I'm a 100% arguing against it.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

I just meant people might actually want to see those creatures in the game. I mean, who wouldn't want to see a freaking Nazgûl killing people left and right?

Uhh.. I certainly wouldn't.

Now it's gonna haunt me: "New chapter out! New survivor: Bilbo Baggins". That's a proper nightmare right there.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,237

Not all the time. Just when they need to crawl over surfaces. Though the dog Xenomorph is strictly on all fours. Warriors can run up right at good speed and the bigger Praetorians were shown to be more into sprinting and leaping than just full out running.

I don't get why a lot of you complain when a new killer comes out and whinge saying it's a Myers clone or a bad version of Billy. Why are you shutting out new ideas and opportunities for creativity.

What will you do if the killer after GhostFace is a killer who also has a knife and runs at you or throws spears at you rather than hatchets or sets traps you get stuck in? You will complain saying it's the same killers but with a reskin. A lot of you will mass hate the game and review bomb in protest for running out of ideas.

Why are so many of you so against hearing new ideas. Genuine criticism is fine but to say it's a bad idea is wrong. The main issue is whether it fits and how complimentary the killer design could be towards the Alien Franchise.

And to that one person who told me to watch the movies because apparently there is never a baby Xenomorph, then you are wrong there is a baby Xenomorph. That was an example and we would want the classic Xenomorph in game.

Also to the other guy saying the Alien plot makes no sense especially with the most recent movies. That's because they focused on how an Android is evil and they didn't want to just focus on the Xenomorph too much.

I might be mistaken but I think there's a couple of Alien movies in production (Alien 5, Prometheus 2?) It would be great to see an Alien chapter release alongside the next movie, which will be about 3/4 years away.

If you don't want the alien license, I think having an original killer who is a creature manufactured by the entity is a good route to go.

You can't impress everyone but I know a lot of you lie to yourself a lot of the time saying you really like something but spout out all negative things about it.

Groovy

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,581

Someone can't handle criticism

When it's sensical I can. When it's nonsense repeated over and over again then that's not criticism. It's just arrogance, as you're showing right now.

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,581

The same criticism is being repeated over and over again because you can't accept it. It makes sense, plenty of people have given you valid reasons, which you essentially counter with "you're wrong because I say so" which just makes you sound like an unhappy child who can't handle being told no.

I always say you're wrong then follow up with a reason unlike you. You ignore my response and repeat your point again asif I said nothing.