We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Dead by Daylight causing computer to shut off.

Every time I play dead by daylight my computer shuts off for some odd reason.
I've done a fresh install of both the game and operating system and the problem still persists.

Windows 10 Pro
Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

After doing a little digging in the event viewer to see what is causing it I found that there is a DCOM error attached to it.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user DESKTOP-TJ9TM9N\dsuma SID (S-1-5-21-92818882-2482890296-452097629-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I've tried to edit then permissions in Regedit as most guides on how to fix this issue have suggested but it's still happening.
This only happens with Dead by Daylight, I can play any other game and it doesn't happen.

Comments

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,445

Interesting that it is shutting your whole PC down, that's normally associated with either hardware failing or software corruption.

To troubleshoot this I would first switch off all but the necessary processes to start your PC then try to run the game - what happens?

Things like RGB lighting, programmes such as reshade etc are known to have issues in running the game which is why I ask that all unnecessary programmes are switched off.

My concern is that you've now been modifying your windows registry which is not something that should really be touched except by advanced users, so if after trying to restart the game without any other software running you still have the problem - please contact support directly and they will be able to assist you further.

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us - support address.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@Tallyun I used to have the same issue as you years ago and it drove me nuts because it kept crashing more and more often. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows and in my case there was 2 issues.

The one was there was a corrupted windows file due to one of their updates and the other was 1 of my ram sticks was going bad but the regular memory tests didn't catch it. I had to take it to a repair shop and their memory checker caught it instantly.

As @MandyTalk said and as someone ostly still proficient in Windows registry issues you should avoid that especially since a lot of those guides are outdated.

• TallyunTallyun Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the responses, I might do a fresh install of windows tonight to revert any changes I've made that were dumb on my part.
    @MandyTalk I was confused about that part as well, it says that it's a permission problem but I think it might be a dcom failure because this is what I see in the launcher properties for DCOM.

I'm just so confused, as I said I can play any other game as usual but it only happens for Dead by Daylight.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game cache through Steam and also make sure you're not using the Discord or any other overlays.

Also what version of windows are you running 7/8/10 home/pro etc 32/64 bit video card/ ram/hdd or ssd etc?

• TallyunTallyun Member Posts: 3

Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
    Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    24G of RAM
    It's on a regular hhd.

I have not tried to verify the integrity of the game cache though, I'll try that and see if that does anything.

• ale8700ale8700 Member Posts: 1

@Tallyun did u find the fix and if, what did u do to get it to work again. I have the exact same issue and want to play the game!!!

• deadbyloadingscreendeadbyloadingscreen Member Posts: 1

Did you resolve it?. I got the same issue. This is very frustrating.

My computer specs:

Nvidia GTX 960

Intel core i5 4590

RAM 12GB

Windows 10