I still think the Downvote buttom is a bad design.

Comments

• GrandkuramaGrandkurama Member Posts: 157

You're right, and i just don't like them.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 4,188

I have 3 down votes on my "Calm Spirit needs 1 buff to be perfect" thread. Like there really is no reason to even down vote that. The buff I'm asking for is very minimal and simple, wouldn't make the perk meta at all just a QOL change really. Why people would down vote that is beyond me. Best part no one even explains why they down voted. One, yes ONE person commented to complain about how CS shouldn't be in the game or some nonsense, and 1 other person questioned why someone would even use the perk. So clearly someone just down voted because they don't like me, or because they don't like Calm Spirit which is hilarious.

Down votes are great in theory, but in practice it's just a way for people to say "I don't like you" anonymously. I know I get down votes just because people don't like me, doesn't matter what my comment is. There is no point to it. If you disagree with someone say you disagree and why. That's how discussion works.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 6,312

@Poweas you cannot reject the king!

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 1,539

How many people clicked on this thread just to down vote the OP?

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 1,539

@thesuicidefox Maybe, just maybe, there are people who disagree with you but don't really feel like wasting the time typing out their reasons. It is a bit narcissistic of you to assume that the only reason someone would down vote you just because they don't like you.

For instance, I think Calm Spirit is just fine the way it is. I don't believe it needs any buffs at all. But maybe I was skimming the forums and didn't have a lot of time. So I down vote to state that I disagree and then log off to deal with real life stuff. I'm not necessarily going to remember or care enough to log back in later to articulate my reasons for disagreeing with you.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 1,764

What wrong with the downvote buttom?

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,561

Who cares? Get thicker skin people. I get downvotes all the time for no reason. Just anonymous trolls that think they're cool. Who cares.

I downvote something if it's stupid, or crying/non-objective. Just because I disagree with someone doesn't mean I downvote.

And what if I did? Who cares.

• lasombra1979lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,034

The downvote button has hurt my feelings. Kill it!

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,267

Nope. I just have some very dedicated stalkers. I honestly don't mind the downvotes. As I mentioned, I am now Forum King due to having maxed out everything. Without those stalkers, I wouldn't have been able to surpass Mushwin.

edited May 13

If you disagree with me, then comment WHY. Clicking a button does nothing to help the discussion. Otherwise I have no idea if you actually disagree or if you are just trolling me.

If you don't have time to write a reply that's why we have drafts. You could always come back later when you have the time to reply.

PS. And just to spite you I went ahead and down voted your last 20 or so posts. Didn't have time to read them I just clicked the button ;)

See, your attitude and unwillingness to consider that you're not entitled to a reply make me think you're just projecting.

LOL what? What entitlement? All I'm asking for is for people to actually state reasons they disagree with a comment. Not to just click a button. They could legit disagree or they could be trolling. I have no way to know. And if they legit disagree, how am I to know what they disagree with or to what extent if they don't state the reason? They could maybe have disagreed with the entire comment or a single sentence. No way for me to know, and it doesn't promote discussion, it just shuts it down.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 504
    edited May 13

I am still upset that I can't downvote myself

How difficult is it to bypass the forum's bot protection? I could write a bot that creates new accounts and downvotes all of my posts

This is a legitimate idea because this way we can test if the downvotes are protected against integer overflow

Edit: You can apparently report yourself. This is very useful information to have

edited May 13

I definitely agree that downvoting by itself is meaningless, but if people don't bother to reply now, they wouldn't reply either way. At best, their replies would be meaningless. However, you seem to believe people should always take the time to reply to your comments, even if they don't want to. That's what I mean by entitlement.

I have more downvotes than anyone else on this forum, and yet my discussions have never been shut down by them. In fact, two of those discussions were recently resurrected from the depths of Forum Hell. Downvotes are meaningless.

Dude if you disagree with something, you should state why you disagree. If you don't have the time to reply or whatever that doesn't mean you should get an ambiguous button to do it for you. It's not entitlement to ask for some sort of context.

It is entitlement when you expect people to reply to you when they have to do something else. The button is their for when people don’t have time to reply, although I don’t like the “vote down” button, I can see entitlement and the purpose of the button.

edited May 13

If you don't have time to reply so what? Then don't reply. A button does nothing to help the conversation. I ignore posts all the time because I don't have the time/energy to reply. If I click a button it doesn't add anything to the conversation. I could do it for legit reasons because I don't agree and don't have time, OR I could do it because I just don't like the person and I want to troll. Without a reply there is no way for you to know. Considering how things generally work around here I would bet that majority of down votes are the latter. @Orion is a testament to that fact.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 504

If numbers upset you you should sell whatever device you are using to browse the forums because your device uses binary numbers and numbers = bad

After that you should live in a forest or an uninhabited island to avoid having to deal with currency, because that's also just numbers

Both of those examples are more meaningful than downvotes, therefore if downvotes bother you so should those

If it doesn't add anything to the conversation, why are you freaking out about it?

Because a forum is a place specifically for discussion. If you don't want to take the time to discuss something then this isn't the place for you.

I could throw this BS back in your face too. Why should you be entitled to a down vote button if you don't want to have a discussion?

Why do you care so much? You’re showing you feel entitled to a response.

So ignore the downvotes.

Sweetie, I'm all for removing both the downvotes and upvotes. I said as much in my first reply in this thread. I'm just saying you're overreacting to something that is utterly meaningless.

LOL you guys think I'm mad no. I'm just DISCUSSING WHY DOWN VOTE IS STUPID. I honestly don't care about how many down votes I get or whatever, I'm merely contributing my point of view on the matter... by making replies and comments. Not clicking a single button.

If down vote does nothing to contribute to the conversation AND is just something for us to ignore... why keep it? And if you agree with me then why continue to argue with me?

We said entitled, not mad. I don’t like down/up votes since they’re useless. You were told you aren’t entitled to a response.

Right... to expect people to DISCUSS things on a DISCUSSION FORUM is entitled.

SMH

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,490

@TreemanXD I shall!

@Poweas how dare you! >:v

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,490

@TreemanXD you'll never catch me! I'm making a run for it! Master is unbanned in 2 days and I shall join his side!