The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Killers tunnel no matter what?

KikkiKikki Member Posts: 344

Seriously,is this a new trend ? No matter if you have bt or he has a obsession perk that is not dying light.

Do you share my experience?

Comments

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 933

What rank? I avoid tunneling because between BT and DS it’s not a good idea

• EndorbEndorb Member Posts: 78

I don't really tunnel as killer; I just go for whoever's closest. Though I always go for an injured vs uninjured if they're together and break apart because that's more efficient.

As for playing survivor; I haven't noticed it at all on myself, but once or twice on my SWF friends (started playing for this rank season on the first, currently rank 7).

• KikkiKikki Member Posts: 344

Come on,if you have a obsession perk that is not dying light and you tunneling the obsession so hard... then why are you running this perk? It is kinda dump

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,651

I don’t like to tunnel unless the survivors are being cocky or the other survivor that saved them is being extremely immersive or has a VERY strong set up. Typically I go after the rescuer instead of the one who was just hooked.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Yeah we do, why?

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    edited May 14

I tunnel if it means it will make it easier for me, it's not like if I find the same survivor two times in a row I leave them alone, or if they get unhooked next to me without BT I will tunnel, of course, it's the easiest way.

Survivors can be toxic as much as they want, I will play as I want to play.

• KikkiKikki Member Posts: 344

Do some people read what i has write ?! I don't mean the normal tunneling. Geez

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 12,179

I run DS and unbreakable no matter what.

edited May 15

I always use Save the Best for Last and still tunnel the obsession if it makes it easier for me.

My point remains the same

Sure, it's always the fault of the other side, how mature

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

The way I see it if your teammate unhooks you in my face and doesn't give you any protection from me then they don't care about your survivability and neither do I you will go back down wait for ~40s while I do a perimeter sweep then back on the hook you go

• DragonredkingDragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited May 15

Why shouldn't they?

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 1,499

Saw someone does this to a friend of mine yesterday. Literally stood in front of him injured after healing her and he went for her instead.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 2,176

Killers "tunneling" is synonymous with a cat playing with a ball of yarn. The ball is destroyed but the cat is tangled in its own mess.

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 684
    edited May 17

In 90% of cases going for easy prey is more efficient (injured, if hooked already propably doesn't know how to loop well, freshly unhooked survs tend to waste pallets). Also if you tbag you will most likely get camped/tunneled.

Start apreciating killers who play 'fair' because even in games that everyone was hooked twice and they live only because of ds, adrenaline, mom combination i see many other survs bming killer in chat for not having a kill.

You are doing it to yourselves. You're at gate, exit without tbag, you would be surprised how easy it is to follow players on steam, even if they change nick often. I personally mori on sight people who dc and leave others with 3 man 5 gen games.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,693

Remember me also makes you want to tunnel the obsession. And rancor has strategies that go either way.

Only save the best for last actively discourages it

• SkellySkelly Member Posts: 10

Killers tunnel because they're insecure that they might not get that 4k. Killers have a very specific way of how the game should be balanced, and that way of thinking is that killers should be able to get 4k's very easily. If you threaten their 4k they will tunnel because 3 survivors vs 1 killer is difficult to come out of. Not to mention they tunnel if you gen rush- err I mean if you do the objective to quickly. Tunneling is always prevalent and sadly their is no real cure of it besides running anti-tunnel builds or perks.

I wish you luck though in your future trials! Just remember not to stay in post chat, calling that killer a ##### isn't gonna stop them from tunneling.

• SlinkyJinkySlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

@TreemanXD If you run Unbreakable how about Flipflop? both are equally, situationally reliant on the Killer neglecting you on the ground. Add DS into the mix and you potentially have 2 escapes lined up while being carried to the hook. Add Boil Over and it makes it even more likely.

I'm going to try this lol.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,276

Boil Over won't help you. It just makes the effect of wiggling greater on the killer and only if they don't have iron grasp. Also not seeing hook aura at 14m is useless as killers would have to go physically blind to not a see the actual hook at 14m,

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,486

Killers target the beneficial choice for within the moment. The only thing I would consider as tunneling is when they completely ignore better opportunities to focus down a single survivor. A survivor with bt is still a better choice than an unhooked healthy survivor in most cases.

• letuceletuce Member Posts: 88

As a killer, if I see 2 targets, I'll pick the better choice. Injured >healthy, hooked twice > hooked once > never hooked, toolbox > map > key > nothing > medkit > flash light.

And if I'm not about to hit someone, carrying someone, other side of map, then I'm returning to where someone was unhooked.

Ill make exceptions if someone is being farmed. But otherwise, if you don't want to be tunnelled, don't get healed at the hook, and go hide if you suspect the killer will come back for you

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 12,179

@SlinkyJinky my build changes almost every day so I’m not running them anymore.

• GothyGothy Member Posts: 3

Thing is, people play this game competively but they forget there are no rewards doing so. Fun is forbidden in DBD, 4k is a must by any measure. Ruining someones game by tunneling is mandatory. At the end of the day, we only love ourselves and need those BP's to get all characters to p3 and after awhile stop playing this game, because nothing to achieve. Thinking glad we had no fun doing so, but still it was so worth it. After all we made someones day little more worse and proud of it. This world never has enough of bitter tears and sorrow. Lets stare our bellytbuttons more, shall we? Who wants to have fun in games anyways..