The 3.1.0 update is now live! For full details and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/77033/

NERF NOED

Comments

• FireHazardFireHazard Member Posts: 1,537

So we should change it back to not being a hex perk and having it be indefinitely?

I used to argue these same things with people about NOED, I even made a post about it that got huge over the discussion. The point is...trust me...it was A LOT worse...

And it isn't hard to circumvent it either Pre-Activation.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,453

"Lets return the favor. I expect this to be brought up everyday from now on."

You must be new to the forums.

I disagree with that, not that Freddy needs rework he needs one really badly.

I disagree that Freddy needs NOED in-general, I use him pretty often and I never need NOED. In fact I never use NOED, I think I used it once or twice when I first started but that was when NOED didn't have every tier of it with the exposed status effect.

• MineAntoiyaMineAntoiya Member Posts: 696

We will never forget the days where survivors defended literal infinites. But no, when Killers complaining it's always "whining" but when survivor complains the devs should note down everything said?

I hate people

If the killer uses NOED and only gets a kill at the end game, they've lost, be happy. Don't blame the killers for the horrible game design that is "If Killer plays bad then Survivors don't rank up".

Maybe look for NOED, get it, then use one of the most meta perks in the game like BT to get them out? Or you know, body block?

Get to Rank 1 and you'll see that NOED is nowhere to be seen, because it is a *WEAK PERK* that I legit would only use for that speed boost.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 716

all what noed needs is a notification every time a totem breaks (totem breaking sound) to every survivor.

and you will have a chance countering noed as solo. cuz u know if u spend ur time cleansing all 5 totems as solo. it'll probably be 3-man game for others.

and you'll probably black pip/depip if you're at red ranks.

you don't know how much times i cleansed 4 totems (including hex:ruin with them) and got downed and facecamped because no one cleansed the last totem.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,299

They did just that when NOED lasted forever and couldn't be disabled. It's like if they didn't have as many second chances, they actually played better.

I may advocate for having EGC gate spawns be dictated by some sort of system, but I kind of agree with you on that one.

Survivors now a days blame a perk because they themselves were too lazy to stop it when they had plenty of chances.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,299

I made a thread a long time ago saying that low survival rates are due to survivors having too many second chances.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but the same principle is observed in car crashes, for example. People who feel safe and confident in their vehicles have more accidents, since they tend to pay less attention to the road, because they believe nothing's going to happen to them.

Likewise, survivors who feel safe due to knowing they have DH, DS, BT, etc., will often make stupid plays.

TL;DR: Take away survivors' second chances and they'll play more efficiently and intelligently, which will create a significant rise in survival rates.

Well as people have said they have three, so that being said most of them are too lazy to actually have the forward thinking to do something as "complex" as breaking totems beforehand or breaking a totem.

Even if someone gets downed by NOED the team will still try and get them, die, and blame the perk because they were the ones that risked the chance of being one hit.

That kind of thinking baffles me but whatever.

• SlinkyJinkySlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

If Noed pop's thats an automatic leave everyone on the hook and escape for me. No point in feeding bad killers free BP

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 771

I only run NOED on Freddy and I have never got to his end game without it activating so I don't think "just cleanse all the totems" is realistic for anything other than a 4 man SWF as there is no other way to know if you got them all.

• holywhitetrashholywhitetrash Member Posts: 254

if every survivor just had the mind set of cleanse any dull totem they run across, NOED wouldn't even activate in most games and the survivors would rarely need to actively look for totems

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 1,934

@TreemanXD

I love how you got 3 downvotes for stating a fact that has been well known for weeks.

Just shows how the downvote button is a bad idea easily abused by people that simply dont like each other.

• BroosmeisterBroosmeister Member Posts: 243

Only bad killers use Noed,

My mind can't be changed

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 1,285

@Broosmeister

You could just as easily say only bad survivors run MoM.

Honestly I don't think either statement is true

In fact the more douchebag way to phrase it could be only bad survivors will let themselves get killed with no one escapes death.

• BroosmeisterBroosmeister Member Posts: 243

With MoM you make escaping a bit easier, it's true. But you still have to dodge & evade the killer or run him around for as long as possible. Also, it means that you have had multiple chases and got smacked multiple times already. So that means people with MoM did at least something to get the perk.

But with Noed you won't have to do anything, you can play as horrible as you want and still get 1 or 2 kills in the end, or 3/4 when people are too altruistic/stupid. Lazy killers who just camp/tunnel to get a kill, maybe 2, to get into the endgame & then slug with Noed. It's just a bad perk for bad & lazy killers.

In my experience i've never seen a decent killer use the perk Noed. And i see bad killers in higher ranks just because Noed carried them there, they all play dirty and ruin the game for everyone. Most of the time their excuse is "Gen rushing instead of doing totems" as if everyone should look for hidden totems the whole game. Of course we do totems when they are next to gens or if we walk past one, but some are hidden, should all the survivors run around with no communication whatsoever ( since SWF is toxic for whatever reason ) to look for 5 totems? That way there will be no gens done quick enough to even get to the endgame, bad killers would love for that to happen.

I honestly believe Noed should be reworked or removed from the game.

• fetchestfetchest Member Posts: 10

Why can't bad killers use noed? Using noed can help killers learn the game and assist them in learning the basics, getting them a few wins. Removing the perk will lose players.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 6,563

@Carpemortum ikr lol

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,561

People act like killers that need NOED are bad. I 4k with and without it. And to be honest, I do equip it... because I rarely get a chance to use it...

So what?

I'll use it if I wish.

• GlassgoGlassgo Member Posts: 9

he says true "noed is a tax on stupid survivors".

I play mainly survivor and the noed does not pose a problem. It's just that instead of looking at a totem you have to destroy it ... When I destroy only four totem on the game is that there is a BIG problem

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453

Survivors: pls give us more objectives! Only gens is boring.

Also survivors: nerf NOED! Cleansing totems is to much work.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 6,563

@Tsulan They want something different than holding M1.

• KnayterKnayter Member Posts: 52

I dont think noed need a nerf, but maybe a rework so it's more "fun" to play against, or just make it so that breaking dull totem is more rewarding and somewhat not too much of the time consuming thing, or you know spending that time will actually be worth it

• TensorTensor Member Posts: 109

FEED ME THE SALT

• Hito420Hito420 Member Posts: 16

what are you talking about? killers have constantly complained about the "second chance" perks theres not a lot of ways for survivors to fight back vs the killer an the killer is automatically faster than the survivors, add the abilities, one shot addons, mori's noed, why shouldnt survivors have the escape abilities? i will say it is for rhe survivors to take out the totems if they gen rush its on them for letting the killer have noed

• AsmodeusJonesAsmodeusJones Member Posts: 11

Just do totems bro haha

Endgame perks should be survivor-sided. Endgame is a product of survivors playing well and the killer failing to beat them on gens. Compare it to a fighting game, most of which are well-designed: "endgame" might be identified by one of the players being at much lower health than the other player. Should the lower health player suddenly receive a massive buff for no reason other than being low health? For losing the exchanges that came before it? No, the losing player has to play out of his mind with few mistakes to squeeze out a win. The winning side should have the advantage, and a long-term investment like adrenaline is fine when it activates as a product of your team playing well. NOED commits the same sin as MoM and old DS(of which MoM is not nearly as bad), offering a massive reward for losing.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 4,454

I just don't like how NOED works, it's unhealthy for the game in my opinion. In fact, the reason why survivors die to it is because they are too lazy to cleanse totems. As a killer main, I don't think NOED should be strong because survivors were too lazy, it should be strong because you used the perk skillfully. However, I don't know how to turn NOED into a skillful perk...