Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

DBD crashed and gave me a blue screen of death

Hey

Soo today I was in a match against a laggy Michael myers and suddenly the game stops and I get the message saying error 4

Soo I verified my files, and when it was done I opened my game without any problems, and got into a lobby as david.

After reading up my game crashed during the loading, and when I went to open my task manager I got the blue screen of death on my windows 10

I already restarted my computer and didn't lose anything, but now I am scared of opening the game

Tagged:

Comments

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 3,536

Finding the cause of windows blue screens are never easy as it is effectively a stop mechanism, it's often driver or corrupt software related as well.

Try running the game again and see if the same issue occurs, if it does (and hopefully it won't) if you could give me the full error code that's on the stop screen that will help a lot as it will narrow down exactly what's causing the issue on your PC - full technical specs would be helpful as well.

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 549

@MandyTalk the problem didn't occur again, but I did get an error 4 again

Here are my specs

Intel Core i7-8550U CPU 1.80 GHz 1.99 GHz

8.00 GB 7.88 GB usable

Nvidia 930 Mx

hope this helps, at the moment I don't have the error code since I only saw your comment after I reinstalled the game

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 3,536

If you get error code 4 again, delete the Easy Anti Cheat folder (you can do this via steam, library, right click DBD, properties, local files tab, browse local files, double click on the Easy Anti Cheat folder, scroll down to the Setup option file & double click, then on the pop up that appears use the uninstall option (bottom left)). Once you've done this, then verify your game files again, it should then fully redownload EAC without any issue.

Glad that you didn't have any more blue screens, it's always a panic moment when you get them.

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 549

@MandyTalk follow up of what happened

I was playing dbd when suddenly my computer stopped working, i went to a it support and it was discovered my hard drive had died, soo I think that was the reason for all this recent issues!

I am still unsure how this happened and I am not sure if this can help on anythinf but wanted to thank you for your support