Something's strange about the next chapter...
Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

Ghostface: What his power should've been

SythalinSythalin Member Posts: 280
edited May 16 in General Discussions

I rewatched a couple Scream movies after reading power that Ghostface is going to be coming with. A couple of friends of mine came up with an entirely new, more fitting power for the killer based on the repeated scenes in the movies. In light of what we came up with, the power for this particular killer was completely wasted potential.

Terror Call

Ghostface can enter and exit lockers. When exiting a locker, Ghostface receives a increased movement speed for 2 second.

While in a locker, the killer has 0 terror radius and does not suffer from the blind status. Once inside, Ghostface can call a random survivor (phone ring audio) and the survivor has 3 sec to get to a locker to answer it.

• If the survivor answers the call, they are stuck in place and their aura is revealed to the killer for 3 sec.
  • If the survivor does not answer the call, the survivor becomes exposed for 3 sec, and Ghostface instantly moves to a random closet within X meters of the survivor with increased movement speed for 5 seconds. This does not stack with speed increase granted from exiting lockers normally.

This would've been far more interesting than the hot garbage that we're getting.

EDIT:

What about maps with low locker counts?

Valid point, so spawn in additional lockers the same way Pools of Devotion and Jigsaw Boxes are done.

Post edited by Sythalin on

Comments

• MedicSpirit7MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 95

Sounds too situational for a whole power

• BithardBithard Member Posts: 378

I really like the sound of the power they give him. I'd say it needs the stealth buffing though.

• Kamikaze_RoseKamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 182

And what, pray tell, does Mr. Face do on maps with few lockers, such as the Swamp realm?

• EmotionalDaisyEmotionalDaisy Member Posts: 54

I not sure how I feel about getting in a locker to do so, but I really wanted him to use a phone in some way, shape, or form

• SythalinSythalin Member Posts: 280

Same thing that trapper does on The Game and Léry's Memorial Institute, just deal with what you have. It's common knowledge that not all maps are ideal for all killers.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 2,619
    edited May 16

This power would be weak af. What if there are no lockers close to the survivor? Why would the survivor answer the phone if he would get stuck in place?

On one side it would be extremely situational and in the other side it would be way too unfun to play against.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 2,619

There is a difference between more difficult and unplayable

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 1,603

His power is fine right now but he's literally Michael Myers and Amanda's son.

An underdeveloped son, sure. He get's Amanda's crouching (with fully terror radius and red marker fully active) and Myers's stare that notifies you constantly while he's doing it.

He's meant to be another stealthy character while his entire kit is anything but stealth.

Alternatively, they can add additional lockers if the particular killer is being used. Wouldn't imagine it'd be that hard since it's already done to put in Jigsaw Boxes and Pools of Devotion.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,553

What they should have done, was give Legion what Ghostface is having, and give Ghostface something like, but not completely similar, to Feral Frenzy.

But since that ain't happening, I would rather Ghostface to have a power that can be even decently usable then the very situational power you suggest. Honestly.

• RedcumRedcum Member Posts: 191

And that's why I'm sometimes glad that they don't listen to the community.

• TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 526

I will agree that it is film accurate for Ghostface to hide then jump out and chase his victim, but perhaps you'll also recall the scenes in the first Scream film where Ghostface is stalking Sidney and Tatum. He even leans around a bush at one point...just like he does in DBD. Keep in mind also, that Ghostface is almost always outside the victim's house stalking them while on the phone with them, before he manages to get inside to hide somewhere . So really, the DBD power is actually pretty film accurate, and keep in mind that this may not even be final. Things could definitely change before he is released.

• legion_mainlegion_main Member Posts: 483

@EmotionalDaisy

He does in his mori