Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killer Quality Of Life Perk Buff Ideas

Hey everyone. I've been thinking about the new universal Survivor perk buffs and reworks, and maybe they should do the same thing for Killers, or for teachable that get no love, or perks that are generally underused. Doing this would open up many more builds and options to make our favorite Killer's unique traits viable again.

Buff Please:
Beast Of Prey - Your lust to kill is so intense that finding your prey causes a momentary loss of connection with the Entity, making you almost unpredictable. The Red Stain is 50% dimmer/75% dimmer/invisible when Bloodlust activates.

Distressing - Your horrifying emanation strikes at a supernaturally long distance. Your Terror Radius is increased by 10%/20%/30%. Gain 50%/75%/100% more Bloodpoints for actions in the Deviousness category, and introduces the Fear action, which allows you to gain 5/10/15 Bloodpoints per second when a Survivor is in your Terror Radius.
The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded during the trial.

Fire Up - The increased pressure of losing your preys fills you with anger and gives you unsuspected motivation. Each time the Survivors complete a repairs on a Generator, Fire Up activates, granting 10%/20%/30% increased action speed to pick ups, drops, Pallet breaks, Generator breaks, and vaults for 30/45/60 seconds. Fire Up's action speed increase does not stack with other action speed bonuses, and overrides other action speed bonuses if Fire Up's is stronger.

Monstrous Shrine - Your fervent care of the hooks found in the Basement has aroused the Entity's interest. The Basement Hooks are granted the following bonuses:
10%/15%/20% faster Entity progression
0/1/2 less escape attempts granted
(Tier III only) Survivors are Hindered for 10 seconds after being saved from a hook while you are 28 meters away.

Spies From The Shadows - Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. Whenever a Survivor interacts with a crow within 32/36/40 meters of you, you gain a notification and their Aura is revealed to you for 3/4/5 seconds. This effect has a cooldown of 15/10/5 seconds.

Thanataphobia - The pain delivered by your strikes is felt mentally by all Survivors, filling them with guilt and distracting them. For every time you hit a Survivor, gain a token, up to a maximum of 8 tokens. Each token reduces Survivor repair, healing, and sabotage speed by 3%/4%/5%. Every time A Survivor is healed, a 20/25/30 second timer activates. Hitting a Survivor will cancel the timer and preserve all current tokens. If you fail to hit a Survivor while the timer is active, you lose 4/3/2 tokens.

Unrelenting - You recuperate faster from any attack made with your main weapon. The cooldown of missed attacks is reduced by 20%/25%/30% and you lunge 5%/10%/15% faster and farther.

I find it that while some of these perks are used in very specific builds or just for fun, most of them could be reworked to give Killers more power, and allow them to counter more Survivor abilities, builds, and tactics. I really hope the devs look into this, and select maybe one or two for a rework. Thank you, and Good Luck out there in the Fog.

Comments

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,599

Beast of Prey should just activate when Bloodlust does, we're on the same page there

Distressing is fine as it is. It's currently a staple of many Docs

Fire Up does need love

Spies From The Shadows justs more distance, the auras are unnecessary.

Thana is.... well... just slightly weak. Buff it's base stats and do nothing else.

Unrelenting is fine as it is.

• ItsDaEmuDoodItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Beast of Prey should just activate when Bloodlust does, we're on the same page there

Distressing is fine as it is. It's currently a staple of many Docs

Fire Up does need love

Spies From The Shadows justs more distance, the auras are unnecessary.

Thana is.... well... just slightly weak. Buff it's base stats and do nothing else.

Unrelenting is fine as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_4068643225&feature=iv&src_vid=oHC1230OpOg&v=BLikP6BDH5w

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,599

@ItsDaEmuDood said:
    Link to a dumbass meme

I've got 800 hours into this game and I play both sides. I've also owned the game since The Last Breath chapter. Yes, I'm 100% sure about this.

I use Distressing myself in my default Doctor build - it's already plenty strong. And it's arguably strong on most of the other killers as long as you don't end up on the top 3 largest maps as the increased terror radius makes it much harder to pinpoint the killer's location.

I didn't argue that FireUp was underwhelming

Spies From The Shadows actually used to be meta before it took a hit - and it never had auras. It can be made great again.

Thanaphobia used to be extremely powerful before it got kicked in the balls along with every other nerf we saw to the Nurse and her perks. It never was looked at again. It was indeed too powerful back then. It's meh, but not terrible in the state it's in now. If it's going to be buffed, it should be buffed slowly and in increments so we don't get the monstrosity we had when it was first released.

Unrelenting is meant to be a perk newbie killers pick up then put down once they learn the game. it's plenty strong and serves it's purpose.

Most of this game's problems stem from the safe loops and pallets. Some of this has already been addressed and what's left is being worked on. With shorter and better chases coming, it seems silly to consider buffing perks that are arguably mostly okay until after we see what an effect these changes have on the game.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074
    While many killer perks do need buffs I just honestly don’t think it’s the most important thing. All these completely overpowered/second chance survivor perks need to be gutted and pallets drastically reduced on all maps. Then, let’s go with some of the buffs like Roach mentioned. Whoever is on dbds balance team is a complete failure and is one of the core problems of this game. They have no idea what they’re doing.