Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How would Ghostface even work?

Hobolobo27Hobolobo27 Member Posts: 26
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

I'm having trouble understanding what Ghostface's power would be in this game because there was never anything supernatural about him, and his main thing was just stalking and then chasing people into a corner like Michael, but much faster. At least Amanda has the RBT's and Leatherface has his chainsaw without necessarily being paranormal killers I guess. Ghostface usually only ever used his combat knife as a weapon though. I've seen people suggest something that involves phones but why would the survivors pick up the phones if they new it was just Ghostface calling to check in?

I suppose they could have it where survivors spawn in with 90's cellphones on their hips and they can't do anything to remove them. Ghostface could dial a number and get a visual and audio que like you do when someone fast vaults or misses a skillcheck. All four phones continue ringing and revealing the estimated locations of all four survivors until one survivor answers the phone and the one survivor who answers the phone has their aura revealed to the killer for a couple seconds or maybe they scream when they answer the call. When one person answers the phone, the ringing to the other survivor's phones stops until Ghostface initiates a call again. There could be an Ultra Rare add-on that makes it so the ringing continues for all survivors even after one person answers the phone, and it doesn't stop until every survivor answers it.

To put the add-on simply, each survivor would have to answer their phones in order to stop the ringing even if someone else answered their call. It could make him a lot like Doctor but maybe have a much greater range than the Shock Therapy and his terror radius is on 12 meters without any add-ons or perks to boot. There could also be cellphone battery add-ons that reduce the cooldown time it takes between each time he can make a call. The power could also only trigger one cell phone to ring unless he has an add-on that allows "Group Calls".

Post edited by Hobolobo27 on

Comments

  • Mrrgle_the_MediocreMrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

    Heh, kind of answered your own question. I've never watched the Scream movies, but awesome ideas.

  • Hobolobo27Hobolobo27 Member Posts: 26

    @Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:
    Heh, kind of answered your own question. I've never watched the Scream movies, but awesome ideas.

    Yeah I know. I'm kind of talking to myself while also throwing ideas out there. I feel like this idea would be extremely consistent with the Scream movies. I've only seen the fourth one to be honest.

  • JackardJackard Member Posts: 47
    Simple... Ghost face has no power except to queue up with one other ghost face as per the twist in the original movie 😁
  • MinusTheBillieMinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Jackard said:
    Simple... Ghost face has no power except to queue up with one other ghost face as per the twist in the original movie 😁
    Exactly. That's how you do it. 2 killers.. even use a new skinned survivor model so they're the same size and share the same movements. Would be amazing. 
  • DragonredkingDragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited July 2018

    I'm against new licensed killer being introduced, but I can do an exception for the joy of making up a theory.

    Ghostface would most likely be a tracking killer, since I doubt they'll use the fact that they are two killer for "balancing reason" his power will be phone related, basicly I think if he made it into the game he would be able to use his power to call a random survivor, he probably would get a notification from the survivor location if he his far away, or hear the phone ring if he is close enought giving him a loud directionnal sound to find the survivor.
    His power will become stronger the less survivor are present since he won't be able to call the dead survivor, you wouldn't want to be the last man alive against him but his power will be meeeh until you manage to get rid of atleast one survivor
    edit: I didn't read the op before writing any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental

  • KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    I like the idea that he can put Hag like traps in play on lockers and either teleport through them or hide in them.
  • CyprazCypraz Member Posts: 136

    Scream has not and never will be worthy of legendary status like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, SAW, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street those are world's apart from a trashy 90's horror that fell on it's butt after the first scene had finished. Granted these legendary horror movies do have crappy sequels but the originals will always remain at the top of the food chain.

    Now you want more licensed killers? okay let's look at the candidates from legendary horror movies that devs would likely have a look at:

    Carrie White "Carrie" (I am sensing too many similarities to nurse and telekinesis probably won't make sense for dbd anyway)

    Jason Vorhees "Friday the 13th" (eh we have the trapper, it's close enough)

    Norman Bates "Psycho" (Too similar to Myers and nowhere near as good as a killer)

    Dr. Hannibal Lector "Silence of the lambs" (We already have a doctor though and a cannibal)

    Regan McNeil "The Exorcist" (She's not a killer just a victim of possession)

    Jack Torrance "The Shining" (Temporarily possessed not a true killer)

    All legendary movies but none make sense for dbd where it is today. Furthermore we have enough killer's with knives and machetes as it is, Trapper, Pig, Myers, Clown and Nurse. I mean if we want to go about having something licensed and unique we could flirt with the idea of Jeepers Creepers but devs already said they attempted a flying killer before and failed and would not do it again. Ghostface is just another killer with a knife so that makes no sense I mean if we want a ghost like killer there's the poltergeist but I don't know if that will work. Basically we have exhausted licensed killers at this point and I don't think anymore will be introduced.

  • CyprazCypraz Member Posts: 136

    @Hillbilly420 said:

    @Cypraz said:
    Scream has not and never will be worthy of legendary status like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, SAW, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street those are world's apart from a trashy 90's horror that fell on it's butt after the first scene had finished. Granted these legendary horror movies do have crappy sequels but the originals will always remain at the top of the food chain.

    Now you want more licensed killers? okay let's look at the candidates from legendary horror movies that devs would likely have a look at:

    Carrie White "Carrie" (I am sensing too many similarities to nurse and telekinesis probably won't make sense for dbd anyway)

    Jason Vorhees "Friday the 13th" (eh we have the trapper, it's close enough)

    Norman Bates "Psycho" (Too similar to Myers and nowhere near as good as a killer)

    Dr. Hannibal Lector "Silence of the lambs" (We already have a doctor though and a cannibal)

    Regan McNeil "The Exorcist" (She's not a killer just a victim of possession)

    Jack Torrance "The Shining" (Temporarily possessed not a true killer)

    All legendary movies but none make sense for dbd where it is today. Furthermore we have enough killer's with knives and machetes as it is, Trapper, Pig, Myers, Clown and Nurse. I mean if we want to go about having something licensed and unique we could flirt with the idea of Jeepers Creepers but devs already said they attempted a flying killer before and failed and would not do it again. Ghostface is just another killer with a knife so that makes no sense I mean if we want a ghost like killer there's the poltergeist but I don't know if that will work. Basically we have exhausted licensed killers at this point and I don't think anymore will be introduced.

    There's also Candy Man, Leprechaun, Chucky, Wishmaster, Pumpkinhead, the Alien, the Predator, Pinhead and Jason.

    no dude you're venturing into science fiction there. It will never happen.

  • JackardJackard Member Posts: 47
    Getting a little off topic 😒
  • KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Legendary is a matter of opinion. While Scream didn't do anything really new, it was a lot of peoples introduction in the 90s to the slasher genre, myself included. As such it left a large impact on people like myself. Sure Ghostface isn't Freddy but he's got just as twisted a sense of humor. He also may not be as good of a stalker as Michael Myers but he still comes out of nowhere to get the victims. He has similarities to Jason as well in that the newer versions of Jason couldn't run just as Ghostface trips over everything, but both killers somehow always manage to find their mark.

    Ghostface was never designed to be an original killer. He was a  homage to all the greats that came before and a continuation of their legacy.

    But back on topic the phone idea is something that'd be cool. Making survivors have to interact with something or their location is revealed.
  • akbays35akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

    Ghostface should just be a Myers skin

  • mdg2018mdg2018 Member Posts: 151

    I think Ghostface would be cool in DBD...I would prefer Jason of course but that may never happen

  • mdg2018mdg2018 Member Posts: 151

    @Hillbilly420 said:

    @mdg2018 said:
    I think Ghostface would be cool in DBD...I would prefer Jason of course but that may never happen

    It'll happen probably after the lawsuit is over. I'm sure Behavior is waiting to swoop in on that one thinking "We got this man. We got this slasher genre by the ass!"

    man i hope so, id buy that so quick

  • UnitUnit Member Posts: 190
    Cypraz said:

    @Hillbilly420 said:

    @Cypraz said:
    Scream has not and never will be worthy of legendary status like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, SAW, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street those are world's apart from a trashy 90's horror that fell on it's butt after the first scene had finished. Granted these legendary horror movies do have crappy sequels but the originals will always remain at the top of the food chain.

    Now you want more licensed killers? okay let's look at the candidates from legendary horror movies that devs would likely have a look at:

    Carrie White "Carrie" (I am sensing too many similarities to nurse and telekinesis probably won't make sense for dbd anyway)

    Jason Vorhees "Friday the 13th" (eh we have the trapper, it's close enough)

    Norman Bates "Psycho" (Too similar to Myers and nowhere near as good as a killer)

    Dr. Hannibal Lector "Silence of the lambs" (We already have a doctor though and a cannibal)

    Regan McNeil "The Exorcist" (She's not a killer just a victim of possession)

    Jack Torrance "The Shining" (Temporarily possessed not a true killer)

    All legendary movies but none make sense for dbd where it is today. Furthermore we have enough killer's with knives and machetes as it is, Trapper, Pig, Myers, Clown and Nurse. I mean if we want to go about having something licensed and unique we could flirt with the idea of Jeepers Creepers but devs already said they attempted a flying killer before and failed and would not do it again. Ghostface is just another killer with a knife so that makes no sense I mean if we want a ghost like killer there's the poltergeist but I don't know if that will work. Basically we have exhausted licensed killers at this point and I don't think anymore will be introduced.

    There's also Candy Man, Leprechaun, Chucky, Wishmaster, Pumpkinhead, the Alien, the Predator, Pinhead and Jason.

    no dude you're venturing into science fiction there. It will never happen.

    I like the idea of Pinhead and Candyman
  • SpiritbxSpiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Dont forget that he could have gained a supernatural power after being in the Entity realm.  
      
    Heck you could make it so that its related to phones.  
      
    Or hell, make him the first killer without a power. Make him run at noed speed and have no or greatly reduced TR while not in a chase. Since he always seems to appear out of nowhere in tye movies.  
      
    Or maybe the gens have phones attached to them that ring when a skillcheck is triggered regardless of good or great.  
      
    I dont know if they will do more licenced killers though since they cant do much with them after.
  • TheDeadBodyTheDeadBody Member Posts: 15

    Well now... we all know that Gjostface is leaked now with some other Killer skins and his own skins..

    He looks badass of course but somehow Medieval.. but his look or his appeareance is awesome too

    But his Power is like Michael Myers Stalking

    Hes an Combi Killer with Michael Myers and Pig together

    Thats why he can stalk and crouch like the Pig.. and not to forget the perfect change or shape to it he can Lean around corners too...

    But when he stalks the one person he is stalking is gonna be set into the Exposed Status..

    So there is a reason now to flee from a really good stalking killer... 👻☠️👻


    So i hope you have all goodluck against him.. ~ See you in the Fog..!

  • Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

    To be far The Trapper isn't supernatural either. Neither is the Hillbilly, though I have no idea how he can run that fast. The Clown just throws bottles and is not supernatural either.

    So Ghostface would fit in.


  • T0xicTylerT0xicTyler Member Posts: 502

    Necroposting from July...

  • JoyfulLeaderJoyfulLeader Member Posts: 567

    Like it or not, you have to admit that Scream was an influence on many horror fans and aspiring movie creators, even though it borrowed elements from other films, it was still a good movie.

    Now about not adding more licensed characters you're very wrong, the devs said that they have a whole list of licensed characters they would consider adding in the mere future. Literally almost every reason you said for no copyright is just weak, just because we have killers that somewhat resemble them doesn't mean we'll never get them. They added leatherface after Hillbilly for crying out loud.

  • Master_Bad_GuyMaster_Bad_Guy Member Posts: 100

    We already have one killer without power. Let GHOSTFACE have an interesting ability

  • MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 4,141

    @Hobolobo27 Mushwin likes your phones idea

  • MysticAdvisorMysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    edited May 2019

    How we are supposed to play ghost face:

    1.crouch

    2.stalk survivor

    3.they become exposed

    4.stand up and swing!

    note: while doing this make sure to scream yeeeet! As loud as you can to ensure you “catch survivors”- Legion

    nice phone idea- ;)

  • ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,157

    We've already seen his power in footage. He can crouch and lean while stalking a survivor. After being fully stalked that survivor becomes exposed for a short duration. He can also enter a stealth mode that allows him to sneak up on survivors. His mori is to attack you from behind stabbing repeatedly and finishing with a stab to the back. After which ghostface lifts the survivors head, which is bleeding from the mouth, and takes a selfie with a flip phone.

    You can find all of this footage on youtube, posted by well known streamers.

  • KabuKabu Member Posts: 926

    @ReikoMori The post you are quoting is from last year. Long before Ghostface was leaked.

  • ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,157

    Not quoting a post you can check it out on Paulie Ester's channel. The devs made the mistake of pushing the dev build of the game to the live servers when they were trying to push the mid chapter patch. People have been air gapping their machines to take footage of Ghostface.

  • MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

    I like the celphone concept. They should definitely do that, stalking ala Myers to expose is just too close to Myers already, what's the point? At least give us some new mechanics to mess around with.

    The Traitor Survivor is also interesting.

    4v1 becomes 3v2 but Ghostface should be significantly weaker compared to other killers, or even to the survivors. One Ghost Face killer will start looking like a Survivor and be in the campfire, will secretly sabotage the game by breaking gens, wasting pallets, etc. but both will just be at 100% move speed.

    Both Ghostfaces will have the ability to don the costume and remove the costume. They can only attack and do Killer things while they have the costume on, and when they remove the costume they look like the survivor that was in the campfire, and can do Survivor-like things but have no Terror Radius and they can break stuff with an ability on cooldown.

    Too bad this will probably never happen.

Sign In or Register to comment.