The 3.3.0 PTB has been closed. Please be sure to leave any feedback you may have here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/3-3-0-ptb
If you have a moment, we'd also appreciate if you could fill out The Archives survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J83Q56Z
Thank you!
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Some heavy biased fog whispers

HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
edited May 21 in General Discussions

I'm not going to call any names of my examples, but I want to say that some fog whispers aren't well picked.

There are some heavy survivor mains pushing their bias and also some heavy killer mains pushing their bias.

There is one killer main (he himself claims not to be biased and plays both sides equally) who literally complains about everything a survivor has or does. And yes, he complains about dead hard, BT (while camping for over 1 minute) and DS (after rework).

The craziest thing about that: nearly always Nurse with meta perks getting pretty consistent the 3ks and 4ks at the end.

From the survivor main sides it's pretty equally biased. "oh he has spirit fury, what a noob" or "BBC and CHILL cuz u can chill and win" etc while using all 2nd chance perks, insta heals and in a 4 men swf group on coms. Oh dear, if the killer manages to sacrifice one of their mates he's an absoluty sweaty tryhard who just plays to win without having fun. But when they all escape they make jokes about the killer how bad he his.

Devs, u picked some good fog whispers who plays both sides and tries to have no bias to one side. But u picked others who are really biased and idk if that's a good choice to represent yourself.

Am I the only one who feels like that or what?

Post edited by HavelmomDaS1 on

Comments

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 592

I know those dog whisperers and those are following them. It's devs fault for choosing them. As for perks same thing devs don't want to look into low-mid tier perks, so we always see the same perks.

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 3,082
    edited May 20

Have you ever thought about just playing the game instead of thinking about ways you can complain about other peoples opinions every day?

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 3,394

lol, someone watch them?

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 3,394

And tbh, I don't like them at all.

• BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 612

They are just normal players, nothing special. And yes , they have their own biased opinions like a lot of people here.

BHVR just took all the top DbD streamers on twitch and made and made them whisperers, nothing to do with them being biased or not.

• SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise Member Posts: 280

@SenzuDuck

Well, if they weren't Fog Whisperers I doubt they'd have much to complain about. But when you're endorsed by a company what you say and do has more perceived impact.

Does BHVR care if these guys are biased or not? Probably not. DBD is a game where it's impossible not to get tilted, not to mention a horror game. The more controversies the better in terms of exposure.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 10,477

Why should we care though?

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,712

@TreemanXD Their opinions matter to a lot of people. They can also be responsible for witchhunts.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 10,477

@Shad03 a lot of people can start witch hunts, a lot of people do value their opinions but a lot of others do not.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,712

@TreemanXD That is true, but I believe @Detective_Jonathan pissed off a Fog Whisperer, and if nothing else a Streamer who was moderately well known.

So we should care, especially if said Fog Whisperer is not reprimanded.

• vampire_toothyvampire_toothy Member Posts: 338
    edited May 20

I'd be more so concerned as to whether or not the fog whisperers are good role models to the community than what opinions they have of the game, which if it comes down to that then I can't really think of many if any names at all that are problematic.

The reason why it's fine is because fog whisperers are not the ones balancing the game, they make content that people enjoy and part of making that content in a game like this is showing off your opinions of the game, being entertaining or skilled.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,173

I agree. There are quite a few Fog Whisperers that shouldn't be. They spread misinformation because of their bias and encourage toxic behavior as well as breaking the games Terms of Service.

• YoonzYoonz Member Posts: 29

This is like reading a comedy flick

• cbocbocbocbo Member Posts: 48

What doesn't you not like , i guess it by you're name ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• EqMonkVeeshanEqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 275

what I see in this post..... oh no people are starting to call out the imbalances I want to keep in the game, so lets rush to the forums and try to discredit them.

• LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 569
    edited May 20

I dont really mind what side some fog whisperers main, only thing that bothers me is that there are no requirements to be decent human being.

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 3,082

How isn't it about censorship, this community has toxicity, it's going to stay. Peoples opinions aren't "Toxic" it doesn't make them toxic to say something is annoying or noob like, it's a game, people have opinions, and to ignore those opinions for "unbiased" ones is censorship.

Some people find the most mundane things toxic so to imply that toxicity is a good enough unit of measurment for deciding who is and isnt a fog whisperer is insane

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

People are biased, that's just how it is.

The problem is when those biased viewpoints start to cause change, as long as the devs do what they think is right without listening to dumb feedback then we'll be fine.

I think that to give good feedback one needs to know both sides well, I'm not saying that biased feedback is always bad, but a lot of times it is.

And about the Fog Whisperers: As long as they don't mess the game up I won't care about any of them.